British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
richiej95

2012 Sgp Preview

Hi everyone,

I am a 16 year old aspiring journalist and fellow speedway fan, and I write articles about the world of sport on my blog. I have written a preview to the 2012 Grand Prix season for my latest article and posted the link below. I would very much appreciate it if you could read the article and give me any feedback as I am only young and still learning. Thanks!

Rich

http://eyeonsport.blogspot.com/2012/02/2012-speedway-grand-prix-preview.html

Hi everyone,

I am a 16 year old aspiring journalist and fellow speedway fan, and I write articles about the world of sport on my blog. I have written a preview to the 2012 Grand Prix season for my latest article and posted the link below. I would very much appreciate it if you could read the article and give me any feedback as I am only young and still learning. Thanks!

Rich

http://eyeonsport.blogspot.com/2012/02/2012-speedway-grand-prix-preview.html

Very good. Even if your predictions are rubbish!!

Understand you may disagree with my predictions, they are pretty controversial I will admit. Hard to put such good riders into an order. Top 6 I would say will be very equal and tight-packed this year.

Nice article, well written IMO. Tough one to call this season, I'll go for AJ to win it, if he can carry on his form from the end of last year

A very well presented, and laid out article which was easy to understand and a pleasure to read.

Thank you and keep it up.

Excellent piece of work for one so young, and please don't take that as patronising.

Journalism like so many things in life is about making your own decisions and expressing your own opinions. Stick in there and stick with what you believe ... good luck in your endeavours!

Jonesy i think you should do a report on every gp,would be excellent .A good way of the stats being on hand round to round,I would look forward to it maybe an idea ?

To agree with the other posters, I found this an excellent preview, insightful and well written (and I also agree with a lot of your predictions!)

For what it's worth, my one suggestion would be to reduce (or remove) the usage of phrases such as "in my opinion" or "i think". The reader should be aware that what they are reading is an opinion, and that renders (in my view) these phrases redundant. So for example, rather than saying for example "his inconsistency will cost him a top8 place in my opinion" I'd say "his inconsistency is likely to cost him a top 8 place." Feel free to ignore this if you disagree.

Would also be interesting if Philip Rising could give his thoughts, as he obviously has a degree of experience with this sort of thing.

Rich I agree with Sidney about a GP report.

Hi guys, thanks for all the feedback, will make sure I write a report on every GP. Thanks for your advice as well waihekeaces, will definitely bear it in mind when I write my next article :)

Really good Jonesy 2012. 1,Crump, 2.Jonsson 3.Holder.

Sidney, I really think that is wishful thinking,

Well done Jonesy, enjoyed reading your views. Predictions were't bad either.

Edited by GRW123

Sidney, I really think that is wishful thinking,

Well done Jonesy, enjoyed reading your views. Predictions were bad either.

Maybe sentiment getting in the way GR? i wouldnt right off Gollob either not convinced with Hampel dont think he will win it.