British Speedway Forum
BomberHammer

Nz Grandprix Live On Sky ?

We are indeed in the future.... So the GP will be Saturday morning UK time :)... oh well won't affect me as I'll be there watching :)

• Like 2

I'll be there watching it live as well, Hammer, along with thousands of Aussie Invaders!, plus hopefully recording it on Austar back in Darwin.

Should be just right for me ....... GP at 3am ..... at work for 7pm on Saturday mornings ...... PERFLICK !

May have to go the whole hog and order a chinese in at 8pm to have for breakfast as the semi finals start ;)

• Like 1

LASt I heard, which admittedly was a few weeks ago, no deal had been agreed between BSI and SKY, who presumably are not confident of a significant audience at that time of the day.

Would of thought that would be a concern to BSI who've gone out on a limb with a NZ GP, only to find the main broadcaster isn't interested in screening it live.... :blink:

I'd be very surprised if SKY aren't broadcasting the GP, particularly since a certain SKY OB producer and Interviewer, who just happens to hail from the Land of the Wrong White Crowd, will be in Auckland on that particular weekend, if only to collect on a couple of drinks I owe him over the Bledisloe Cup!

IF you are talking of Steve Brandon who are over-stating his role with SKY.

Humphrey: Who says Sky (UK) are main broadcaster?

IF you are talking of Steve Brandon who are over-stating his role with SKY.

Humphrey: Who says Sky (UK) are main broadcaster?

BFD: If you are talking about Brando, he is actually a freelance TV Floor Manager who works for Sky at Elite League matches in the UK.

At SGP events he is employed by BSI, both as a Floor Manager and as an interviewer for their World feed, which sometimes Sky hook into especially if they haven't sent either Chris Louis or Charlie Webster.

The TV production at ALL SGP rounds is intimately under the control of BSI who employ Steve Saint of Artifexmedia as their director. BSI also employ the people who handle the graphics.

There is a host broadcaster, working alongside Steve Saint, at each GP. In Britain it is Sky, in Poland Canal+, Denmark dk4 and so on.

Other than Cardiff, where they have their own units in addition to those providing the pictures for the rest of the world, Sky take the same as the other broadcasters.

Would of thought that would be a concern to BSI who've gone out on a limb with a NZ GP, only to find the main broadcaster isn't interested in screening it live.... :blink:

Oh dear, I would HAVE thought better of you than to fall into replacing "have" with "of". tut tut tut

This morning I phoned the SKY progamme queries line on 08442 410 265 and was told that they are showing all 12 rounds starting 31/03/12 but at the moment the gp has not been allocated to a channel or the times it will be shown. I would suggest that the more people that phone the more chance that it will shown live

i wont be getting up that early to watch. record it and watch in the evening then you can fast forward all the boring bits :P

i wont be getting up that early to watch. record it and watch in the evening then you can fast forward all the boring bits :P

Of course if you come along to the NZGP there won't BE any boring bits; there rarely are any boring bits at a live GP, as I'm sure you'd be aware..

Of course if you come along to the NZGP there won't BE any boring bits; there rarely are any boring bits at a live GP, as I'm sure you'd be aware..

bit to far for me to travel i am afraid for speedway :D

MY understanding is that Sky will show the NZ GP but probably on a slightly delayed transmission.

I would be disapointed if they dont show it Live, what would their reason be for not doing so. Its scheduled to be shown during the night, so theres plenty of space on the channels.

Last season as we don't usually get it live we bought it from speedwaygp.com and watch it live on internet about 4pounds i think.

I would be disapointed if they dont show it Live, what would their reason be for not doing so. Its scheduled to be shown during the night, so theres plenty of space on the channels.

I WOULD imagine that they feel they would get a bigger audience at, say, 7am than 4am. Seems logical from their perspective.