British Speedway Forum
emerald tyke

Monster Energy Sponsorship

.........How about a little further north east in March?

Daytona perhaps?

It would make a lot of sense in March, with Bike Week in town.

With regard to a SGP round in the USA ... the involvement of Mobster Energy certainly doesn't guarantee such an event but it will certainly make it more likely. Many of those at the helm of Monster Energy are very keen on helping the growth of speedway in the USA and encouraging more kids to see it as a viable alternative to motocross.

Greg Hancock is likely to become involved in that, especially in California. What better mentor could the kids possible have? But don't expect a US GP at somewhere like the Los Angeles Coliseum anytime soon. Much more likely to be a modest start with the hope of moving on to a bigger stage later. Similar to Australia in fact where Gillman remains the most likely starting point.

Phil, whilst I agree with you that Greg's involvement would be amazing, you have to remember that Billy Hamill and friends have been working and building one of the best junior events I know off.

I mention this now as it is of course the GUMBALL RALLY this weekend and everyone I know in US speedway is heading in that direction as we speak. Wish we had something like it here in the UK.

US speedway as a whole is on the rise and we are working heavily to make sure it remains there. There is some good US talent still to 'exploit' here in the UK.

(Hijack over)

Monster - definitely good for the sport

I AGREE that Billy Hamill is doing a great job. Was really trying to point out that Monster Energy are keen to help youngsters in California. Would be great to see Billy and Greg working in tandem again.

I AGREE that Billy Hamill is doing a great job. Was really trying to point out that Monster Energy are keen to help youngsters in California. Would be great to see Billy and Greg working in tandem again.

Agreed.

ANDY ... you are right about difficulty getting Californian kids to swap but Greg told me that Penhall's boys have grown tired of mx and have been sliding a speedway bike. Not saying it will be a career changing move for them but there might be some who see it that way.

Also there are many kids riding mx in Britain who might actually see speedway as a better career financially.

As you obviously know, (no pun intended!) can getting pretty hot and steamy in Orlando in July. How about a little further north east in March?

i agree Phil for a county the size of the US you would think there would be more riders from there. speedway is just so little known over there. they think speedway is nascar :D

trouble with speedway in the uk is there is so little places to go ride for kids and its very much if ya face fits sport with uk promoters. motocross ya buy a bike and go ride. yes there should be more uk speedway riders.

yep very hot in july but nice evening meeting be great. i am happy to watch speedway in most places in the good old USA :t:

• Like 1

i agree Phil for a county the size of the US you would think there would be more riders from there. speedway is just so little known over there. they think speedway is nascar :D

trouble with speedway in the uk is there is so little places to go ride for kids and its very much if ya face fits sport with uk promoters. motocross ya buy a bike and go ride. yes there should be more uk speedway riders.

yep very hot in july but nice evening meeting be great. i am happy to watch speedway in most places in the good old USA :t:

Whats your problem? For a forthnight and a half you've had nothing negative to say... :wink:

This is making this years' GP sound even more exciting. Look at the various sports where monster has had an influence, and look at how they've improved from a spectator perspective since their involvement. It's HUGE for our sport.

Roll on the first USA GP!

Whats your problem? For a forthnight and a half you've had nothing negative to say... :wink:

must be the recent sun has affected me head :D just wait till it gets cold again ;)

THE Japanese manufacturers will never get involved until there is something in it for them. Many years ago when Brioggo was riding for Yamaha in the States and was very close to one of the big bosses there he was told that the cost of producing a speedway bike with such limited sales potential was prohibitive. He said Yamaha could probably make a year's supply in a week and then the production line would be idle.

There is no spin off. Speedway bikes cannot be used anywhere other than a speedway track and that has always been and remains a unsurmountable obstacle in the way of getting big names involved. Which is, of course, one reason why Armando Castagna is so keen to see the flat track scene evolve and grow.

With regard to a SGP round in the USA ... the involvement of Mobster Energy certainly doesn't guarantee such an event but it will certainly make it more likely. Many of those at the helm of Monster Energy are very keen on helping the growth of speedway in the USA and encouraging more kids to see it as a viable alternative to motocross.

Greg Hancock is likely to become involved in that, especially in California. What better mentor could the kids possible have? But don't expect a US GP at somewhere like the Los Angeles Coliseum anytime soon. Much more likely to be a modest start with the hope of moving on to a bigger stage later. Similar to Australia in fact where Gillman remains the most likely starting point.

Ooops! :lol:

ATB

Dave

bit of useless info, god fearing and the likes wont touch it as the logo in hebrew is 666 the sign of the devil.

Can't honestly say how 'Monster' involvement in Speedway will improve the amount of spectators attending meets etc but I was just glad that at least we now have a sponsor that we've actually heard of instead of a polish/danish etc company that not everyone could recognise. Cannot understand how Speedway couldnt get sponsorship from Castrol/Rock Oil etc as surely they supply riders and it would be nice to see them sponsoring some event...even if only a heat in EL/PL fixture now and again!!

Edited by emerald tyke

I don't see anything negative about this and just over the last week we have seen how speedways world profile can be expanded with the Polish band video featuring Gollob. It is a pretty big sponsorship in terms of profile. No idea what money is involved. Whether it will rub off on domestic speedway is up to those that run the leagues. It's an opportunity but they have to take it. If potential sponsors see someone like this involved then they may become interested. Brit speedway treats it's sponsors poorly in terms of track profile especially during televised meets.

Who knows maybe this is just the spur the sport needs. Who cares what it tastes like.

I look forward to seeing Kenny Block as the pre-meeting entertainment before the Cardiff GP.

I don't see anything negative about this and just over the last week we have seen how speedways world profile can be expanded with the Polish band video featuring Gollob. It is a pretty big sponsorship in terms of profile. No idea what money is involved. Whether it will rub off on domestic speedway is up to those that run the leagues. It's an opportunity but they have to take it. If potential sponsors see someone like this involved then they may become interested. Brit speedway treats it's sponsors poorly in terms of track profile especially during televised meets.

Who knows maybe this is just the spur the sport needs. Who cares what it tastes like.

I agree monster will be very good indeed for the SGP.

Its not just british speedway which treats its sponsors bad, SGP do a good job at it to :mad:

Had BSI on the phone yesterday again asking what were doing this year ? Umm ! think they would of got the message by now, bugger all i think :lol:

I look forward to seeing Kenny Block as the pre-meeting entertainment before the Cardiff GP.

now that would be good :t: