British Speedway Forum
emerald tyke

Monster Energy Sponsorship

I agree that it would be nice for the sponsors to give "a plug" for their sponsorees. Have visited 'Monster' with no mention, but to give them the benefit of the doubt maybe they're waiting to have some footage to show later in the year with their logo present. ;)

Monster often tweet about Greg Hancock - not bad considering them have over 180,000 followers.

Monster often tweet about Greg Hancock - not bad considering them have over 180,000 followers.

Apologies MattK but I was actually meaning they give no mention of sponsoring sport or riders on their website...in other words only for knowing already who is sponsored by them we wouldnt know by visiting Monsters own website.?...

EARLY days yet ... Monster's involvement will really become apparent at Leszno. It is their European division that has become involved with speedway and where the money is coming from but Monster reps from NZ and Oz will be in Auckland next week and no doubt their American parents are keeping a watchful eye.

I think now Monster are involved the Series will go on to a new level,I'm pretty sure they'll obviously make a big show of Cardiff,but things could well go massive,afterall the company is arguably the biggest "in yer face" brand of the last decade considering they don't really advertise in the mainstream media,they don't really do things by half

• Like 1

EARLY days yet ... Monster's involvement will really become apparent at Leszno. It is their European division that has become involved with speedway and where the money is coming from but Monster reps from NZ and Oz will be in Auckland next week and no doubt their American parents are keeping a watchful eye.

not another polish tie up ;) i was getting xcited about this, is it going to be the full monty or just a bit of a polish thing and not much elsewhere Phil ?

not another polish tie up ;) i was getting xcited about this, is it going to be the full monty or just a bit of a polish thing and not much elsewhere Phil ?

WE will get the full monty don't worry but ME don't have quite the same stuff down here as they do in Europe. The big rigs will be coming to a number of GPs and the SWC and the top man in the US is a big speedway fan and their plans are quite amazing. This will be massive for speedway ... trust me!

• Like 2

WE will get the full monty don't worry but ME don't have quite the same stuff down here as they do in Europe. The big rigs will be coming to a number of GPs and the SWC and the top man in the US is a big speedway fan and their plans are quite amazing. This will be massive for speedway ... trust me!

Thank you very much for those two enlightening snippets. Greatly heartwarming news for the sport.

I notice there is a fantastic Red Bull advert on TV at the moment showcasing loads of the stuff they sponsor. Imagine a Monster Energy version with speedway alongside the other things the put money into, rallying etc.

Yes! yes! Now this IS what the sport needs...can't wait to see what 'Monsters' amazing plans are, and maybe an inclusion in a tv ad, now that would be promoting the sport.

I have still to understand why this sport of ours cannot get a following from a wider audience :o but surely this might help.

I may be looking at it through rose tinted specs (as no doubt plenty on here will tell me !!) being a supporter for 30+ yrs, but WHY??

Yes! yes! Now this IS what the sport needs...can't wait to see what 'Monsters' amazing plans are, and maybe an inclusion in a tv ad, now that would be promoting the sport.

I have still to understand why this sport of ours cannot get a following from a wider audience :o but surely this might help.

I may be looking at it through rose tinted specs (as no doubt plenty on here will tell me !!) being a supporter for 30+ yrs, but WHY??

I'm just as optimistic as you my friend, let this be the beginning of better things to come :)

although it has to be one of the worst tasteing drinks around , this deal is what speedway needs , it should have gone after monster a while ago , this is the image that the sport needs , speedway is on the edge, extreme call it whatever you like but it is all of those things, its just its image says different ,i really think as long as some people dont think this is all about them and their ego spoils it for monster ,then monster will take speedway to another level ,a level which the sport deserves but not always the people who run it

MONSTER don't do advertising ... their thing is product awareness, getting out and into people's faces. They have a very different approach than Red Bull although I understand many of their top execs come from RB.

They have only got involved now because BSI/IMG have the expertise and resources to work with them. BSI have even taken on a young girl, who has a corporate background, simply to deal with ME. They are hugely demanding, everything including placement of logos, etc, etc, has to be absolutely right. But the end product will show the SGP in a completely different light.

There is even talk of building their own track in California. These boys don't mess around but they want their pound of flesh so to speak. It is a massive coup for the SGP but the benefits will go much further than that if those running speedway in Denmark, Poland, Sweden and GB make the most of the profile they will provide.

By the time the ink was dry on the contract it simply wasn't practical to give the SGP the full ME makeover in NZ so Leszno is where it will really take off.

Sure most of us a really excited at this.Well maybe Humphrey + trees excepted.But it might be a bit embarrasing if one of the Red Bull lads wins a GP or even the title

Sure most of us a really excited at this.Well maybe Humphrey + trees excepted.But it might be a bit embarrasing if one of the Red Bull lads wins a GP or even the title

Don't even go there :lol: ...I'd like Bomber to win and he's neutral ;)

Don't even go there :lol: ...I'd like Bomber to win and he's neutral ;)

Just wondering out loud really......we have seen it in football for instance when England have signed a deal with boot sponsors + players have a problem because they have personal deals with rival firms......I guess it is ok for Crump to have Red Bull logos displayed.Not sure about holding a can of the stuff inhis hand when being interviewed :lol: