British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Dudley - National League Shield 8/4/2012

Only a week to go until the opening of the 2012 Season at Mildenhall.

As we did last season we start with the visit of the Dudley Heathens to West Row, and if this meeting is as exciting as last seasons it should be well worth seeing.

Mildenhall have three new riders in their seven for 2012 and will possibly line up

1. Cameron Heeps

2. Joe Jacobs

3. Stefan Nielsen

4. Daniel Halsey

5. Lewis Blackbird

6. Nathan Stoneman

7. Josh Bates

Dudley are led by West Row track record holder Adam Roynon.

Looks like it will be close again, I'd think Mildenhall by 6!

Hopefully be a big crowd to see the 2011 KO Cup Winners take on the 2011 4TT Champions.

• Like 1

At least Cam will have had plenty of track time for The Witches this season so he should be up to speed !

Im already looking forward to the Rye House double header away on 4th June when My 2 favourite teams face the Rockets and the Raiders all for 1 price of £16

• Like 1

Yes, i am expecting a close meeting both at West Row, and at Monmore Wood, I would expect Dudley to line up something like,

1. Adam Roynon <C>

2. James White Williams

3. Byron Becker

4. Tom Perry

5, Ashley Morris

6. Daryll Ritchings

7. Daniel Greenwood

I am expecting These two Teams, along with Stoke to be pushing for the Honours in the NL in 2012, However back to the Shield meetings, The Heathens have added a little bit of gating ability this season in AR, BB, and JWW, added to the Tenacious Tom Pom Perry, and Heat Leader Ashley Morris, they are backed up by Rider of the year 2011 Daryll Ritchings and newcomer and former Under 15 Champ Daniel Greenwood, all in all The Heathens have a team packed with Potential and Ability from Top to Bottom, and i feel they owe the fans something after a dissapointing 2011 season.

For Mildenhall, they to have a good all round strength, from Top to Bottom, and are ably led by the aussie Whiz kid Cameron Heeps, but asked for my opinion, I would suggest The Heathens have the better reserve strength, and this may just give them the edge, however I wouldnt put money on it, as it could go either way, I could see Dudley winning at Mildenhall, and Mildenhall winning at Dudley, thats how close this will be.

There will also be a full 2nd half featuring a six heat challenge match between

The Complete Car Services Ltd Fen Tiger Cubs .

1 Josh Bates ©

2 Joe Graver

3 Naill Strudwick

4 Tyler Govier

Team Manger Robert Henry

AJL Select

1 Nathan Stoneman ©

2 Andy Mountain

3 Daryl Ritchings

4 Daniel Greenwood

Team manger Kevin Jolly

There will also be two match races for two 14 year olds Connor Mountain and Josh Bailey.

All adds to a great day of entertainment!

PS - Really pleased to see The Fen Tiger Cubs name being used again :approve:

Edited by PhilK

looking forward to getting on track and to waving the cherquered flag again hopefully to a few tigers wins Go Tigers

The 3 races between Heeps and Roynon could be the difference in this meeting. Heat 1 to set the tone for the rest of the day, heats 13 & 15 to set up the 2nd leg.

The 3 races between Heeps and Roynon could be the difference in this meeting. Heat 1 to set the tone for the rest of the day, heats 13 & 15 to set up the 2nd leg.

i agree them 3 heats will make a huge difference to the result, there both up to speed so should be a close meeting and id like to add its good that there is a youth league now running after the meetings now :)

Youth League, yes its just a pity Dudley Management didnt want to join Midlands amateur League, this was something many supporters wanted to see, but management didnt seem to consider it.

Midland league would have been good, strange it wasn't considered as we need to think of the future as many of our riders will hopefully move on to bigger things.

Looking forward to this one tomorrow with a little apprehension as Cam seemed a little out of sorts at Foxhall yesterday ! Hopefully it was just a blip with machinery as he had his mechanic with him on the back straight before one of his rides .

I think he may struggle to keep his 9 plus average this season after taking the NL by storm last year with his commitments at PL and NL levels this time around .

Like others i think the outcome of this meet may come down to how both teams No 1's perform but Cam's gating could well be the deciding factor on the day . He really has not been good in that department so far this season , being last out in most of his races .

wishing my tigers good luck for tomorrow. Can't wait to be waving my chequered flag again hopefully for many Tiger wins.

Hope this meeting is as good as the one at the beginning of the season last yer. Looking forward to seeing a real close match, and also seeing one of my favourite non Dudley riders Joe Jacobs. Whatever happens, let's hope for a close and safe match.

'Ommer 'Um