British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

Dick Worral

In my view there is hard riding, dirty riding and "reckless" riding

Of the three incidents referred to from Redcar I would say two were hard riding, first running of heat 15 with Kus and last week's heat 13, Richie didn't back off going into first bend (as supporters would expect) and neither did opponents resulting in classic first bend bunching as early poster said 6 and two 3s.

The other incident, second running of heat 15, I think it was "reckless" riding and by that I mean Richie tried to pull off a move that wasn't on and as a result caused both riders to crash. I think he was trying to be hard, but wasn't in position, nor had the skill, to succeed in his manouvere. Hopefully on reflection he learns from this and accepts his capabilities and knows when to make moves and when not.

As to tonight can't comment, but if he refused to back off and everyone came together then fair enough

Richie has been impressive this season and it is fantastic to see a young British rider improving so much, pity it's not in a Redcar jacket!!

At the moment every crash with him "involved" is going to get comments and he does need to ensure he doesn't gain a reputation which would be difficult to shift.

Edited by northyorksbear
  • Like 1

Comments: Diamonds Rock: Race stopped due to 1st bend crash. R Worrall into Ingalls who went into Howarth and then both into the fence. R Worrall should be excluded - but a rerun with all 4 ridfers. both Workington riders in fence still. Now, all riders have walked back to pits.

I had no idea diamonds rocks was a Worky or Redcar fan!

Wasn't the last time I checked :P

Was very surprised that he wasn't excluded in Heat 8. Certainly looked like he caused the Worky riders to come off and the referees decision probably cost Workington the match. Whether it was intentional or not - not sure, would need to see it again. Was a hard first corner.

I/m sure ritchie will learn over time what he can do and not do, its called experience.

• Like 1

My post wasnt meant to be anything other than to point out that it wasnt Worky fans (or Redcar) fans who thought he was at fault for tonights incident (I wasnt there so cant comment) but a Newcastle supporter.

LIke NYB I saw the incidents at Redcar and agree with his assessment of them.

Edited by Yearbyred

All of these alleged incidents by Ritchie, how many times has he been excluded for them??....surely EVERY ref can't be wrong??

All of these alleged incidents by Ritchie, how many times has he been excluded for them??....surely EVERY ref can't be wrong??

In the three I commented on in my view ref got it wrong once regarding Richie.

• Like 1

is dick worral fast becoming the jack millan of the 2012 season.

Why dont you ask him when he comes to your track??? :t:

Was very surprised that he wasn't excluded in Heat 8. Certainly looked like he caused the Worky riders to come off and the referees decision probably cost Workington the match. Whether it was intentional or not - not sure, would need to see it again. Was a hard first corner.

More than surprised he wasn't excluded from re-run, Dick by name and Dick by nature :mad: , Newcastle 6 down here comes hero Richie Worrall to the rescue, take two Workington riders out and ends up in the re-run. Yep you were right that did cost Workington the meeting and Newcastle did not deserve 1 point never mind 2, but they have to come to Derwent Park yet and thet will go home with what they deserve ....absolutely jack rubbish!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but I 100% disagree with the above. Richie is on gate 1 and Kyle Hughes ( fantastic last night ) who is gating very well is on 2. As the tapes rise ( who remembers Clive Fisher, Screensport ) they head for the first turn and Hughes tries to get across Worral but enters the first turn about 1/2 a wheel at the most in front. Richie turns the corner on the normal racing line with Hughes still trying to get across when he is not far enough in front. The 2 riders come together which causes Hughes to straighten up a little and collect the unfortunate Ingalls.

Perfect first bend bunching with 2 riders wanting the same piece of track. All 4 back was the correct call.

Sadly for Workington Ingalls comes off far worse when it had nothing to do with him, which is often the case.