British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jamebabes1

Dudley Heathen'sv Stoke Potters

Seems as though the rain is settling in now, beginning to look doubteful.

I am in Willenhall not far from track really and there have only been a few short showers which have now stopped. It is cloudy but with a light wind ....so hopefully all ok.

Hope so as I have a sponsor coming to present Dan Greenwood with a cheque ...and Dan has some sponsorship sheets to hand out to show the various schemes available to back him from as little as 50p a point upwards ...

Hope u r right Lozza, its been half an hour since i posted, and though its not heavy stuff, its still coming down here in Dudley, You are closer than me, you should drive across and let us know mate :wink:

Well shows what i know, according to this pic on The Heathens site, it seems dry as a bone at 5-30/17-30.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dudley-Heathens/233965274365

Edited by greyhoundp

OFFICIALLY ITS ON.

The Suns out here in Dudley, bugger the weather, bring it on,

I will be starting out in 30 mins.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Looking for a miracle here. Anybody at or near the track that can provide updates for this meeting? PM me if you can.

1: Roynon, Birks, Pickard, White-Williams 3-3

2. Ritchings, Reade, D Greenwood, Berwick 4-2 7-5

3. Perry, Bekker, Atkin, O Greenwood 5-1 12-6

4. Worrall, Reade, D Greenwood, Morris fell 1-5 13-11

5. Perry, Bekker, Read, Birks ret (while 1st) Pickard was ex on 2 mins 5-1 18-12

from the comments on updates

Any comments on the meeting? Seemed like 2 of stokes top 4 struggled and we still only lost by 4!

One of the Heathens top 2 also struggled Vog, and Stoke caught a break when their 2nd best rider on the night was able to come in as reserve sub twice for 2 minute exclusions. Stoke's use of a guest in this challenge also gained them a few extra points. Made it a bit closer than it would have been in normal circumstances in my opinion.

One of the Heathens top 2 also struggled Vog, and Stoke caught a break when their 2nd best rider on the night was able to come in as reserve sub twice for 2 minute exclusions. Stoke's use of a guest in this challenge also gained them a few extra points. Made it a bit closer than it would have been in normal circumstances in my opinion.

Quite an enjoyable nights racing and would of thought that a draw would not of been a bad result, or unfair result. Not sure we caught a break as in heat five when Ben came in he finished third and would of been last in Ash Birks had finished the race. The lad is a three pointer have ridden all last year to get it!! Our guest was also a three pointer and got 4 plus one, a reasonable return for a 3 point man. Who should we have brought in ?.Somebody who would roll over a give you the points. I think if all riders rode to potential we would of had a similar result as Jamie would of taken a few more points as would Ash on the Heathens side. Give praise to both sides for giving a show last night.