British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester Track Debate

Just as you don't like the idea of being lumped as anti Hemsley , I certainly don't like you thinking you are being classed as anything like me , you are the reason I stopped posting on Leicester threads along with one or 2 others who are so blinded by your rose tinted glasses and pathetic victim culture that you are encouraging Hemsley to run Leicester speedway into the ground . But when that happens it will suit you won't it , when leicester speedway closes because Hemsley listened to all the cretins who simply answered any criticism with childish remarks like we're just glad to have speedway back and Without David there would be no Leicester speedway . you'll be able to say it's our fault that it closed caused because all the negative comments , rather admitting that if Hemsley had been forced to address some of the issues highlighted by the anti Hemsley brigade , maybe there would still be a decent crowd coming to see a winning team and exciting racing and speedway would be flourishing at BP .

thank the lord i'm not thought of like you... a man who likes the EDL (well, before they became a bunch of rascists of course),and likes to humour up the threads with a rascist joke or two trully is the last thing i'd ever want to be known as... and that's without mentioning the unpleasant tosh that arrives from you in PM's and the speedway related drivel that permeates from your keyboard on these threads. I'd agree with you to a point but say the problems are equally split between the cretins who blindly back Hemsley AND the cretins who blindly attack every aspect of what leicester is because of their own personal vendetta towards Hemsley. I'm neither of those things, whilst you most certainly are one of them. fools in equal measures.

anyways, back to ignoring you.

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

thank the lord i'm not thought of like you... a man who likes the EDL (well, before they became a bunch of rascists of course),and likes to humour up the threads with a rascist joke or two trully is the last thing i'd ever want to be known as... and that's without mentioning the unpleasant tosh that arrives from you in PM's and the speedway related drivel that permeates from your keyboard on these threads. I'd agree with you to a point but say the problems are equally split between the cretins who blindly back Hemsley AND the cretins who blindly attack every aspect of what leicester is because of their own personal vendetta towards Hemsley. I'm neither of those things, whilst you most certainly are one of them. fools in equal measures.

Mick.

I don't have a personal vendetta against anyone other than you , and I don't see how you can ignore someone who got so fed up with your know it all and of course of late hypocritical attitude that he ceased to post on Leicester threads , you're absolutely welcome to this thread and any other concerning leicester speedway , keep on posting your blind ignorance until the ship finally sinks then maybe you will go back to wherever you where when the forum was a place for open debate and good riddance to you !

Speedibee, glad to see you back on board mate. Don't always agree with what you say, but at least your posts are never boring.

JohnD7244

Enjoy your speedway

I don't have a personal vendetta against anyone other than you , and I don't see how you can ignore someone who got so fed up with your know it all and of course of late hypocritical attitude that he ceased to post on Leicester threads , you're absolutely welcome to this thread and any other concerning leicester speedway , keep on posting your blind ignorance until the ship finally sinks then maybe you will go back to wherever you where when the forum was a place for open debate and good riddance to you !

Personally, I think that Volty has been pretty fair in his comments concerning Leicester Speedway. He has been critical of the fact that track improvements were not made and shown concern for the club if things don't improve, but is not one of those who refuse to return without actually finding out whether it is better this season.

Voice of reason (amongst others)for me.

• Like 1

TMW.............. Perhaps when you reach retiring age you will be a bit more sympathetic and realize you don't have a lot of money to throw around. If you have been watching speedway for 28 years at one track then another opens but offers poorer racing would you still pay out another £15 from your pension because it will help towards track changes? How do I know my money would go towards this? There is still a lot of mystery surrounding what happened to the 50% takings from the 2011 press and practice session where everyone was charged £5 to watch. It was supposed to be for the Air Ambulance but has anyone any knowledge of this being handed over?

Well in that case you wont be able to afford to support 2 teams. I suggest you just stick with Coventry becuase the entertainment there is second to none.........Not

Do you think I'd make a 50 mile round trip for the past 29 years if it was poor racing all the time? I'm really not that stupid but you're clearly so biased there's not much point in me saying anything else. My pet hate - fans who are so biased towards their own team they can't see anyone else's point of view. I'm just a speedway fan first and foremost and a Coventry fan very much second.

• Like 3

Mick.

Oooh, I hope you don't include me in that Mick. :lol: Cretin's certainly a tad harsh! My reasons for saying what I do on here are most definitely nothing to do with suffering from cretinism! And I most certainly don't say what I do blindly! I've seen from the inside what goes on and my eyes are wide open. The bigger issue is that to rectify anything you need to admit to it first, and I see too many people up at Beaumont Park desperately trying to pretend all is well when it's patently not. They're the ones for whom blindness is the problem.

• Like 1

Do you think I'd make a 50 mile round trip for the past 29 years if it was poor racing all the time? I'm really not that stupid but you're clearly so biased there's not much point in me saying anything else. My pet hate - fans who are so biased towards their own team they can't see anyone else's point of view. I'm just a speedway fan first and foremost and a Coventry fan very much second.

To be fair I have stood on the terraces ay Coventry feeling no allegiance whatsoever to either team on track so I cant comment on from that perspective when you stand there not really careing who wins or loses I have, however suported individual riders but that is different. From a neutral poInt of view haven't found the racing at Brandon exhilarating in fact I haven't found it much beter than BP as generally whn anybody tries to pass at Brandon they invariably fall. I feel an allegiance to the Lions so maybe it is blind faith but I hand over my £15 and I believe holisitcally what BP offers is far superior to any other track. We all go with different agendas mine is the whole package. Thats what I call entertainment.

But that os course is just my opnion

Some of us might not be around in 5 to 10 years time so I'd prefer a bit of urgency rather than patience. :lol:

Enjoyed this post of yours immensely, even though you were being serious about it. Being about the same age as yourself, I knew immediately what you meaned by your comment. I was waiting with baited breath for the answering posts that would inevitably get your meaning misconstrued (cocked up). Didn't have to wait long did we. Mr Snackette, and TMW bit pretty quickly didn't they?.

JohnD7244

Enjoy your speedway.

• Like 1

To be fair I have stood on the terraces ay Coventry feeling no allegiance whatsoever to either team on track so I cant comment on from that perspective when you stand there not really careing who wins or loses I have, however suported individual riders but that is different. From a neutral poInt of view haven't found the racing at Brandon exhilarating in fact I haven't found it much beter than BP as generally whn anybody tries to pass at Brandon they invariably fall. I feel an allegiance to the Lions so maybe it is blind faith but I hand over my £15 and I believe holisitcally what BP offers is far superior to any other track. We all go with different agendas mine is the whole package. Thats what I call entertainment.

But that os course is just my opnion

this did make me laugh :lol: so funny

this did make me laugh :lol: so funny

Glad I brightened your day

Oooh, I hope you don't include me in that Mick. :lol: Cretin's certainly a tad harsh! My reasons for saying what I do on here are most definitely nothing to do with suffering from cretinism! And I most certainly don't say what I do blindly! I've seen from the inside what goes on and my eyes are wide open. The bigger issue is that to rectify anything you need to admit to it first, and I see too many people up at Beaumont Park desperately trying to pretend all is well when it's patently not. They're the ones for whom blindness is the problem.

I think the fact that he has already made alterations indicates he knows there is something wrong with the track....I don't think anyone of us has defended the track itself although I maintain it's the riders but the more realistic of us know it isn't going to turn into Scunthorpe overnight Scunthorpe didn't turn into Scunthorpe over night (I use Scunny as that is the track we keep getting thrown at us note it isn't Brandon)and as I have said before maybe the shape wasn't the best but you cant undo the done i'm affraid even in the best of fairy tales what we are defending is the process of putting it right you have already made it quite plain how much money DH owes and court cases which are going on etc..... so where do you expect him to get the money from 'only £6.000' the 2 track reshapes which have been mentioned on here Glasgow and Ipswich are far far more then taht. Do you have that in small change????. Then maybe you shouldn't demand others spend what they haven't got either.

Edited by TMW

So much so that you've spent 29 years sitting with some of the country's top dogs (no pun intended) when it comes to bias ;)

btw this is a joke to lighten everyones mood and my pet hate is off topic posts :rofl:

• Like 1

well, strange as it may seem it wasn't aimed at you as you clearly try to make of reasoned argument and effort at informing rather than being abusive. But i think you know that anyway. Actually, the reality is that cretinous wouldn't be a word i'd use for anyone and the response was purely mocking the turn of phrase used by the original poster as i'm sure you quite aware. It's something i'm aware is probably a cretinous thing to do but sometimes i can't help myself. Somehow the way this thread was heading you just knew there was one last 'Glory' post in him though. There's probably another now :sad:

Whatever happened to the track rakers (the human variety)? Can you remember them? They used to have three foot wide rakes with which they used to pull the loose dirt back trom the outside to the centre and inside of the track. Were they all made redundant because everyone stopped putting dirt on the track, sorry shale?. My point is, let's get plenty of loose shale on the tracks and see some real speedway racing, then we can go home after the meeting looking like we had been in Barbados for a month.

Sorry everyone, just one old codger sitting in his rocking chair reminiscing about speedway in past times..

JohnD7244

Enjoy your speedway.

Too many people getting in free, with a cup of tea and a few custard cream biscuits at the interval, just for pulling a bit of shale around all night. :wink: Actually with the so called 'Wonder Wheel' doing the job I don't think they are needed any more - at Coventry anyway? Also haven't I read somewhere that it makes the track more dangerous to rake the shale back to the inside so it's like riding on marbles?

Edited by Gemini