British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

Tim Webster

The Tim Webster problem could not have happened to a nicer set of people in British Speedway. From my many visits to High Edge as a Hitman fan when Adam Allott was still a young lad and as a Heathens fan I have always found Jayne, Richard & the late Ken Moss great people!

Now I have said that....I thought Lee Smart was still too injured with a shoulder problem to ride league speedway in 2012 according to the Speedway Star so changed to Short Track where he got hurt again? Hope I am wrong!

My understanding is that Lee is due to have an operation on his shoulder.

After what happened last time he agreed to ride for Buxton, I doubt that Adam will be Tim's replacement (unless there is no one else)

After what happened last time he agreed to ride for Buxton, I doubt that Adam will be Tim's replacement (unless there is no one else)

Adam McKinna signs for the Hitmen according to the Hitmen website

• Like 1

I've always wanted Lee Smart to ride for Buxton as he rarely drops points around the Buxton track and his average would fit (if my maths is right). Quick calculations say Lee is 10.60 and Buxton have 10.93 to play with.

i would have loved Lee Smart but at 10 pound a point i doubt it. Mackinna let them down last time he signed for hitmen and dont forget he rides at newcastle a sunday track if they get a injurer at res he will be recalled and Buxton will be back to square one oh well. Edited by bw double

i would have loved Lee Smart but at 10 pound a point i doubt it. Mackinna let them down last time he signed for hitmen and dont forget he rides at newcastle a sunday track if they get a injurer at res he will be recalled and Buxton will be back to square one oh well.

Sorry i'm not familiar with Adam's spell at Buxton but he showed excellent commitment last season at BVand he often brought Andrew Tully with him which was a boost to the lower order riders and he was always well humored in the pits which is something you don't see every day. So hopefully Neal and Blacklock may benefit. All the best to Adam hope his season works out for him.

• Like 1

As this is still apparently a thread concerning Tim, I understand that Tim asked on 31st March if he could practise at Buxton but was told the fence was still not complete, so he couldn't.

I further understand that one of Tim's sponsors was willing to cover Tim's expenses to practise at Buxton had facilities been available.

Hearsay of course as I wasn't present.

As this is still apparently a thread concerning Tim, I understand that Tim asked on 31st March if he could practise at Buxton but was told the fence was still not complete, so he couldn't.

I further understand that one of Tim's sponsors was willing to cover Tim's expenses to practise at Buxton had facilities been available.

Hearsay of course as I wasn't present.

He did ask once (can't remember the actual date) prior to the start of the season but unfortunately we couldn't accommodate him at that time due to a combination of weather conditions and the fact that a large section of fencing was being replaced which had to be completed prior to racing. We can use the track at any time for practicing for anyone but it is of course subject to weather and Richard's work commitments as the track will have to be done again for racing afterwards.

i would have loved Lee Smart but at 10 pound a point i doubt it. Mackinna let them down last time he signed for hitmen and dont forget he rides at newcastle a sunday track if they get a injurer at res he will be recalled and Buxton will be back to square one oh well.

Let me say this again

HE DOES NOT RIDE FOR NEWCASTLE.

IF they were to get an injury (And I hope that doesn't happen!) then they would use either a 3 point NL guest, or an actual guest (Depending on who got injured)

It couldn't be Adam unless Buxton let him be used, as he is signed for Buxton now so their meetings take priority.

Not eligible due to the one rider over 30 rule.

I guess its safe to say I'm not going to be ever riding speedway but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Perhaps if all riders treated facilities with respect then we may be more inclined to maintain them. As for riders being prepared to race for the league pay scale they are indeed a rarity especially when other teams offer much more money. One rider we approached was quite happy to ride but required £25 per point so that was a no go for us although other teams in the league seem quite happy with those sorts of demands.

I respect your pay policy,too many riders in NL trying to make decent money (i.e £25/pt) and treating speedway as a hobby.If every Promoter was like Buxton there would be a lot more geniune talent produced.

I respect your pay policy,too many riders in NL trying to make decent money (i.e £25/pt) and treating speedway as a hobby.If every Promoter was like Buxton there would be a lot more geniune talent produced.

I'm not sure what to take from this post; what exactly do you mean? Too many riders in NL trying to make decent money and treating speedway as a hobby?

I think I've missed the point you're making. Could you explain further... I'd think it's logical that rider's will want to earn as much as possible, considering it's hardly a cheap sport, and at this level you'd be very lucky to make anything out of it.

I'm not sure what to take from this post; what exactly do you mean? Too many riders in NL trying to make decent money and treating speedway as a hobby?

I think I've missed the point you're making. Could you explain further... I'd think it's logical that rider's will want to earn as much as possible, considering it's hardly a cheap sport, and at this level you'd be very lucky to make anything out of it.

I think the point he/she was making is that the league isn't meant to be about making money and riders should be taking the opportunity to learn and move up into the PL/EL and then make money. Of course everyone wants to earn as much as possible in all walks of life but for the majority of us you start at the bottom and work your way upwards and your salary is adjusted accordingly. Speedway shouldn't really be any different in that you learn your trade in the NL and then command more money and status in the PL/EL as you improve and gain experience. Unfortunately not everyone sees it like that and some use the NL as a way of making easy money but then that impacts on us all with clubs closing in the NL due to costs and riders increased demands in the higher leagues.

I think the point he/she was making is that the league isn't meant to be about making money and riders should be taking the opportunity to learn and move up into the PL/EL and then make money. Of course everyone wants to earn as much as possible in all walks of life but for the majority of us you start at the bottom and work your way upwards and your salary is adjusted accordingly. Speedway shouldn't really be any different in that you learn your trade in the NL and then command more money and status in the PL/EL as you improve and gain experience. Unfortunately not everyone sees it like that and some use the NL as a way of making easy money but then that impacts on us all with clubs closing in the NL due to costs and riders increased demands in the higher leagues.

That is the exact point I was making and well explained Thank You. Up and coming riders with ambition will not be expecting to make money at NL level IMO,they will want expierience and track time and move on. The original 2nd division developed in to a National League and pay rates went up accordingly but there is no way that this present NL is going to be anything more that a development league in the financial climate and I admire teams like Buxton who treat it the way it was originally intended.

• Like 2