British Speedway Forum
MrMungo

Live Danish Speedway On Tv

Watching crashes like that are always disturbing.

And although I'm not going to say how I know,, my info is that greg is fine. A bang on the head but that's it.

A measure of the regard in which Greg is held. In 1997 after his World Championship win, i wrote to him to let him know what a fan he had in my then 3 year old son. About 6 weeks later there was a very large parcel in the mailbox addressed to my son containing 8"x10" autographed glossy photos of Greg and Billy, stickers, magazines and posters, plus a hand written letter to Jon that is still on his bedroom wall framed with the pictures. "The nicest guy in speedway" he always gets my vote. Fingers crossed for you Greg. :t:

Alan.

Greg is a credit to the sport and I am sure fans all across the world wish him well.

it is already on sportowefakty.pl with the video and watching it makes it even more amazing that he was not seriously hurt.

It also confirms it was Greg's fault completely and a rare error from him.

And although I'm not going to say how I know,, my info is that greg is fine. A bang on the head but that's it.

That is nice to hear

Edited by pandorum

footballers nowadays seem to me slightly effeminate compared to 30 years ago certainly not as tough as they were but speedway riders never seem to change and are as mad and brave as ever. That's why most top class motorcyclists would not dare get on a speedway bike.

There was a "legendary" centre half for Barnsley just after the war called "Skinner" Normanton. Straight up from the coal mine and he terrified opposing centre forwards :lol: Half these guys today would beg to be substituted if they saw Skinner lining up. :lol: "They don't make 'em like that anymore.

• Like 1

There was a "legendary" centre half for Barnsley just after the war called "Skinner" Normanton. Straight up from the coal mine and he terrified opposing centre forwards :lol: Half these guys today would beg to be substituted if they saw Skinner lining up. :lol: "They don't make 'em like that anymore.

As a Liverpool fan who watched us play Leeds in the 60s and 70s most of the pansies that were sent to the Euros would probably not dare be in the city if there was a chance of facing people like Tommy Smith, Ron Yeats or Billy Bremner.

• Like 1

Watching the Mikkel interview and looking at the bike brings me to a piece of info i have no idea if it is true or not and knowing Egon probably not :rofl: But he has posted elsewhere that he 'invented' the disc in the back wheel.Apparently at a Longtrack meet or something he wanted something that would make him stand out from the other 10 or so starters and so put a disc in with a spiral on it that made it look like his wheel was going backwards.He then noticed that it actually had a positive effect on the bike and then others copied his idea......

One can only presume that a third of the crowd were hypnotized into a deep sleep open to suggestions......another third went dizzy and fell over,,,,,whilst the remainder were left bug-eyed and nauseous. I sooooo hate those spiral things, don't trust them, they mess up your eyes and brain and you always fall over upon taking first step after watching one lol.

Not sure why you can't say how you know but many thanks indeed for that great news. Although any bang on the head needs careful monitoring over several days. Hope he's not due to ride in any meeting the rest of this week and gets some rest.

Nice to see someone mentioned Billy Bremner too, but how can nobody have mentioned Norman Hunter or Nobby Stiles. The computer age did not have first tabs on the word Hacker lol lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

As a Liverpool fan who watched us play Leeds in the 60s and 70s most of the pansies that were sent to the Euros would probably not dare be in the city if there was a chance of facing people like Tommy Smith, Ron Yeats or Billy Bremner.

Can you imagine Joey Barton peeing around with Billy Bremner ? :rofl: The mind boggles!

Bremner,an absolute legend.But you can't mention him and not mention that superb foto with Dave Mackay :party: :party: Now Dave was hard

Oh Yeah Dave Mackay too. Those proper footballers all looked like hardened gangsters, not the manicured metromen or bling-laden gangstas of today.

• Like 1

Can you imagine Joey Barton peeing around with Billy Bremner ? :rofl: The mind boggles!

Bremner would have probably used Joey as a toothpick. He was one hard man as were the rest of the Leeds team including Norman bites yer legs Hunter. Barton would be left shivering with fear in the dugout in that company.

Ron Chopper Harris was another one I loved/hated

• Like 1

It's reported on his website here: http://www.greghancock.com/

Thanks for that, i tracked down his Tweet address thing and was checking that in case anyone put a message for him on that.

Yikes! I've seen it. Nicki beaten at Holsted!!!! :lol:

Bremner would have probably used Joey as a toothpick. He was one hard man as were the rest of the Leeds team including Norman bites yer legs Hunter. Barton would be left shivering with fear in the dugout in that company.

Ron Chopper Harris was another one I loved/hated

Glad to see another vote for Norman Hunter and of course Ron Harris. Wasn't his brother a defender too?

It's reported on his website here: http://www.greghancock.com/

Greg OK!!!

2012-06-27

Some of you might have already heard that Greg had a crash in his Danish League match tonight in Holsted. Everything is Ok. Was taken to the hospital as a precaution at the doctors request. More to follow later.

great news

Porsing rode well tonight he was unlucky there

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

Glad to see another vote for Norman Hunter and of course Ron Harris. Wasn't his brother a defender too?

I think we're all agreed. Skillful, overpaid nancy boys today for the most part. And that's just the refs. :lol: As for the players.........

Edited by brandonbee48