British Speedway Forum

Surprised at finally seeing the 'man!!!' who has the worst job in speedway, namely, the one who holds the fan for Nicki Pedersen. Aww! i so pictured a large breasted lady in roman robes.

Speedway is a FAMILY sport! Can we have no more references to large breasted ladies, start-tarts, Daria, Daria, Daria, Please! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol toooooo funny. Hang on.....large breasted ladies are part of families too!

Relieved to see that this Prague GP is providing some 'racing' and as the meeting goes on likely more. Admittedly it hasn't got much to surpass on previous Prague GP's.

Forgot Andreas was world number 2! Not looking likely to achieve the same this year even with a late run. I did presume it was a shad chain in that race but.....pretty poor scoring before that anyway.

Edited by manchesterpaul

As a Sheffield fan can Pepe please bring that engine to Owlerton on Thursday. (also pack in you hand luggage for tomorrow) !!!!!!

OK it official someone spiked my drink (cuppa tea not alcohol) Franc beats Crump, Hancock and Gollob!!!

Incidentally ahead of the last round of heats leading to the semi-finals i vow not to make any comment if Sky again haven't a clue as to who can or not qualify.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Oh how i loved that- seeing Joseph Franc leave them all in his wake. Magnificent!! :t:

Alan.

• Like 1

Shocking track. Shape is awful and surface no better. Need to take at least 3 metres off the inside of it as they have to queue up to get into the bend. Pepe Franc leaving three world class riders standing says it all.

I must say that this format for the Grand Prix is one of the finest ever seen in sport. Pretty much every race right until the end of the main initial section has many permutations for riders and great interest for whoever you follow. Then of course we have the sudden death excitement of the semi-finals and final. Wow i love Speedway!

Shocking track. Shape is awful and surface no better. Need to take at least 3 metres off the inside of it as they have to queue up to get into the bend. Pepe Franc leaving three world class riders standing says it all.

It's the same for all riders, and in the long run the cream will rise to the top. I don't see Franc winning the meeting. Even in football across the globe non-league sides will win the odd match (=race) against a giant but don't win the overall knock-out cup (=GP)

Edited by manchesterpaul

Wow i love Speedway!

The great mystery of life. Why do so many not?

Ah well, we know it's the greatest. :t:

• Like 1

Uh Oh Greg peaking at the right time ahead of the knock-out races?

Woweeee! great overtake by Josef Franc!!!

Maybe Chris Harris should employ his engine tuner.

Congrats to Josef that a heartwarmer.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Pepe how many cc's in your engine tonight . Have you got one of Stoners new 1000cc one's :approve:

I thought heat 15 was a fluke, but that first lap by Franc was sublime.

This just gets better and better. Give that man the freedom of Prague! :t:

• Like 1

I've just turned the volume down, as I can no longer stand the stream of inanities coming from the mouths of Pearson and his cronies. I'm coming to the conclusion that (with the honorable exceptions of Chris Louis and Sam Ermolenko) Sky's commentary team largely regards the sport as a joke.

I'm really not enjoying this GP. The results are so random; there's no pattern at all.

I've just turned the volume down, as I can no longer stand the stream of inanities coming from the mouths of Pearson and his cronies. I'm coming to the conclusion that (with the honorable exceptions of Chris Louis and Sam Ermolenko) Sky's commentary team largely regards the sport as a joke.

I'm really not enjoying this GP. The results are so random; there's no pattern at all.

I have the premier sports channel for the Swedish league on a Tuesday. It is such a relief to hear the new commentator on there ( I believe he is on here too). Just commentating on the races not just screaming bo!!ocks all the time

Edited by tyke
  • Like 2

As with most speedway meetings since time began the racing improves (or appears for the first time) as the meeting goes on. Why oh why can't we have juniors racing/ripping up the track pre-meeting?

It would make the track raceable and they would get their first rides on a slicker track which is safe for them. Plus for non-speedway fans they wouldn't get their first viewing of speedway from the gate follow my leader and switch channels before the exhilarating stuff appears.

I suggested that a couple of years ago, and i'm afraid i got ripped to shreds. So since then i've kept my gob shut. :lol: :lol: :lol: