British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Buxton Vs Isle Of Wight (nl) 20/5 3pm

Whoooo calm down you lot. For what it's worth I thought it was a cracking meeting, some good racing and that is what I pay to see. The team is struggling but surely slagging of the riders is not going to help. One thing that Lee Richardson's sad passing should remind us is that Speedway is a tough sport and anyone who rides a Speedway bike deserves respect. Back to Buxton, it won't happen overnight, Michael is showing a massive improvement since I last saw him ride, this is a training league and you have to give the riders time to ride at a level they feel safe to do so, Ryan was very much like Michael this time last year and he is showing how the faith Buxton put in him has paid off. I went away yesterday proud to support Buxton although I am a speedway supporter rather than a team supporter really.

The easiest thing in the world is to type a few words of critisism, say 5 mins Max, but to prepare a bike, get to a meeting, ride, go home and do it all again will take at least 10 hours and that's it you live near the track. Then you have the expence which I can only describe as throwing a few hundred pounds down the drain each week unless you are unlucky and then make it a few thousand. Every one is entitled to their opinions as this is a forum, and BW does not offend me as all forums have a BW who will throw a few reandom observations which is OK so long as you don't take them to seriously. I hope this reply will show another maybe more positive and optomistic view.

Great meeting well done to the Moss family and ALL the riders, for making one of my rare Sundays off so enjoyable.

• Like 2