British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Who Should Ride In The World Cup For Uk

Is this thread serious i cant believe what some people are writing. I want to see Team GB in the final and that means picking the four best riders that we have yes or no? The top 3 pick themselves HARRIS NICHOLLS WOFFINDEN simple as that. The only position up for grabs is number 4. This should be picked on form and experiance basically. Kennett and Barker have ridden in world cups so to have Stead and i believe King and Bridger. Kennett is out of form and personally i think Stead has had his chances at this level and isnt good enough. I also dont really think King is up to it so i would pick Bridger or Barker. The young blood the worralls and the like are nowhere near up to this level yet. Put Auty in the squad to give him that experiance of being around it all but i want us to do well and see us in the final and no one can tell me that Screeny wouldnt get more points than Stead or King because he is in great form

Are people forgetting Tai is only 21?? Average wise the best british rider in this country. so what if he doesnt like kings lynn he would still beat all the other riders people are suggesting around there. You read some crap on here but this is right up there with the Mark Burrows is one of most naturally talented riders in the world thread.

Yeah but them youngster Barker and King are clearly better riders for the future :D If fit Woffinden is the one rider who is a certainty. After that I accept it depends how Middlo wants to play it with the choice of Harris, Nicholls and Barker or a younger looking team including Bridger and possibly one of Mear, Auty or Worrall. Still a little too soon for them 3 though IMO, but they SHOULD be there in the pits!

Would like to see GB in the final but cannot see them getting there. Have looked at the make up of the competition and with the following schedule and the riders GB has it is going to be very difficult.

Event 1 winner to final. This is likely to be Poland but Denmark will push them hard and may even pull out a surprise.

Event 2 winner to final. This is likely to be Australia if Ward, Holder,Crump and probably Watt are the team choice.

Event 3 winner to final. This meeting will probably see GB against either Denmark or Poland. Cannot see GB winning this one.

Sweden seeded to final.

It comes back to the problem that at the moment GB does not have world beating riders, in a few years maybe but not now.

Edited by A ORLOV

Oh please......my ribs are just recovering from the Mark Burrows topic.....been trying to put it out of my mind,then someone brings it up again unexpectedly.......Doctor!!!!! :rofl::P

Having noted Adam Roynons recent performances I was thinking similar thoughts to Mark Burrows about the composition of the World Cup team. Yes the U21 performance was a reality check but bets just assume, and I hope its not the case, that Scott and Tai are not fit. I'd stick with Bomber but, given that we don't appear to have much chance this year, wouldn't this be an opportunity to give 1 or 2 of the youngsters a chance to increase their experience? One or 2 of Robert Mear, Adam Roynon, Richie Worrall etc mixed in with Bomber and whoever is best of GB riders at the time - could be Ben Barker, Lewis Bridger, Danny King, Eddie Kennett (if he improves) would at least show the youngsters coming through that there is a opportunity if they want to grab it.

For me it has to be,

1, Harris

2, Woffinden

3, Nicholls

4, Barker

I think Barker deserves his place after last year's performance.

1, Harris 2, Woffinden 3, Nicholls 4.King.