British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Stoke - N L - Sunday 3rd June 2012

From the Official Mildenhall webite

The Fen Tigers have suffered a new injury blow, with the in-form Joe Jacobs ruled out for the next four to five weeks, after suffering two hairline fractures to his left wrist in the National League Shield defeat at Dudley on Tuesday night.

He was injured after crashing in the opening heat, leaving the following James White-Williams with nowhere to go. "It was a racing accident and just one of those unfortunate things," said Tigers' co-promoter Chris Louis. "It's a shame for us and Joe, as he has been on great form since the start of the season, culminating in his brilliant performance against Rye House last Sunday."

Mildenhall will operate rider replacement for Jacobs when Stoke visit West Row in the National League on Sunday. They've also completed the signing of teenager Joe Graver on a short term deal to cover for injured reserve Josh Bates as he continues to recover from damaged shoulder tendons.

Louis added, "Joe has been impressive in the AJL for the Fen Tigers Cubs, but what really stood out, was the way he rode for Rye House against the senior team last week. He was on the racing pace and we are confident he'll be a great stand-in for Josh."

Meanwhile, skipper Lewis Blackbird is looking forward to taking on the Potters, who had their double hopes dashed by the Fen Tigers last season. "Being pushed so hard by the Raiders last week was a real wake up call. In the end, for some of us it was an afternoon to forget, and I am just be grateful we still had enough in the tank to get all three points again."

Blackbird continued, "We will have to be back to our best against Stoke, especially now that Joe (Jacobs) will be missing. They are looking strong again this year and we all know what Ashley Birks and Jaimie Pickard are capable of at West Row, so there is no way we can be even the slightest bit complacent."

Sunday's match starts at 4.30pm with the gates opening at 3pm.

Mildenhall Fen Tigers:

1, Cameron Heeps 9.18

2, Joe Jacobs R/R 6.27

3, Stefan Nielsen 5.28

4, Daniel Halsey 4.76

5, Lewis Blackbird © 7.01

6, Nathan Stoneman 3.00

7, Joe Graver 3.00

Team Manager: Robert Henry

Stoke Potters:

1, Ashley Birks 8.28

2, Richie Worrall R/R 7.75

3, Tony Atkin © 7.84

4, Ross Walter 3.00

5, Jaimie Pickard 6.87

6, Liam Carr 3.00

7, Ben Reade 3.00

Team Manager: Malcolm Vasey

R/R for Mildenhall will work better than R/R for Stoke, that's pretty obvious.

As for the meeting, if Stoke's top 3 + Reade turn up and do well, we could keep it close. Will be interesting to see how Carr goes. Gutsy rider who has some potential. Moving R/R to 2 for us makes sense, as Birks has been on fire recently. Still allows us to put Pickard in heat 1, Atkin in heat 8 and then the weaker riders ride with Birks as opposed to having two reserves out.

Mildenhall by 8

The track in the nice weather was awful last week until it dried out a bit , then it came to Mildenhall who managed to claw it back to get the 3 league points . Hopefully the track staff will get it right this week . I think its going to be a tight one all the way unlike the huge home wins in the playoff final last year . Mildenhall for me but not by many because Joe and Josh will be seriously missed !

I dare say a fair chunk of the blame will be directed towards the stocks, who apparently left it in bit of a state.

Thankfully no stocks this week, so the track should be perfect! I hope!

Stoke have quite a quirky team. They are very reliant on a few key riders. If the key riders click, I can see it being quite close.

It'll be good to see Stoneman V Reade. Both have had some very impressive scores so far this season.

Hopefully Cameron will be ok for the Fen Tigers, Read that he had to have a shoulder problem checked out by Paramedics at Ipswich tonight.

I also notice that Stoke have put Walter up to 4 with Carr at reserve. Just out of interest how many more meetings does Reade have to do till he moves up into the team seems to have been on a 3.00 average for ages.

Edited by Superstar1

Providing Reade rides in every league meeting,he will move up for the IoW home meeting in July =]

Hoping for a win for Mildenhall tomorrow of to the track now to help with the practice session.

Looking at weather forecast tomorrows meet at Rye is looking seriously unlikely as well !

I suppose if that's off as well it at least gives Cam more chance to recover from his injury .