British Speedway Forum
waco

Raiders V Fen Tigers Mon 4th June Pm

Bit harsh when i guess you dont know what the "other committments" are dont you think!!!

A poster asked a question. I didn't say whether it was right or wrong just offered an opinion on the answer because the real answer we will never know and also refering to the fact that there are some poor foreign riders with places. I feel if Promoters have had problems with British riders in the past. which I have heard 2 promoters claim 3 if you count 2 a promoter and a team manager from different teams in the same interview. This shouldn't rub off on all British riders.all riders should be treated as individuals not as a collective. I'm sure there are foreign riders who can be difficult. The reference to riding in the Danish league could be a reason why he isn't riding in the british PL he doesn't have the time and he could maybe earn more in the NL. I wasn't sure if people were aware he rides in Denmark. Best of luck to the lad.

Edited by TMW

Didn't follow the U21's, so wouldn't know.

Cant imagine that Stefan has seen much of the Rye House, let alone ride on it. A remarkable effort and good news for British speedway if he continues his progress. A Premier League berth is guaranteed next year.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Agree with much of what Adz says in his report.

Really thought Rye House would have had the upper hand in this match, but an off night for Rye's number 3 and an excellent display by Mildenhall's number 3 seemed to be the difference.

Several mistakes and falls from both teams, which probably evened itself out somewhat by the end of the meeting. Really good to see David Mason get up from that awful looking smash. Sure he'll be feeling second hand for a few days though!

I know he has a few critics down Ipswich way, but thought it was great to see Kevin Doolan in the pits helping the Mildenhall guys. A lot of riders wouldn't bother, and would happily bugger off once their "shift" has ended. It may not have made any difference to the final score, but good to know that there's riders out there willing to get stuck in and help out.

Fair apprasials Mr Mungo and Adz Mft I'd say.

Very good point re Kevin Doolan, great to see him helping the Mildenhall lads, top bloke!

Stefan was quite brilliant I thought, fully deserves the plaudits he is getting, also a word on Lewis Blackbird, a real captains performance, especially allowing Stefan through in heat 15 to claim his maximum. Young Joe Graver impressed as well, a fine ride in Heat 14.

Without Joe, Josh and Cameron an excellent team effort :approve:

The sour note though was Sargeants behaviour, totally unacceptable on or off the track. A decent potential career is in danger if he doesn't sort himself out. A ban should have been issued yesterday in my opinion. Time to grow up!

• Like 2

Surely the BSPA should take action against Sargeant? You cannot go around head butting someone and Aaron is one of the fairest riders out there.

It does seem, according to the Mildenhall press release that Sargeant was infact thrown out of the meeting :approve:

• Like 1

Didn't follow the U21's, so wouldn't know.

Cant imagine that Stefan has seen much of the Rye House, let alone ride on it. A remarkable effort and good news for British speedway if he continues his progress. A Premier League berth is guaranteed next year.

He made great progress last year also which was nice to see,did it on the back of a couple of nasty crashes to,one at Mildenhall i think

The other thing that impressed me about him was the laps he put in during the winter at the AM meetings at Scunny,he seemed to gain alot from doing laps along side the Worralls,Irving etc,same for Tom Young, which goes along way to proving that if you want laps and competative racing you can get it,and it works wonders, the odd time i have spoken to him hes a nice kid to

A poster asked a question. I didn't say whether it was right or wrong just offered an opinion on the answer because the real answer we will never know and also refering to the fact that there are some poor foreign riders with places. I feel if Promoters have had problems with British riders in the past. which I have heard 2 promoters claim 3 if you count 2 a promoter and a team manager from different teams in the same interview. This shouldn't rub off on all British riders.all riders should be treated as individuals not as a collective. I'm sure there are foreign riders who can be difficult. The reference to riding in the Danish league could be a reason why he isn't riding in the british PL he doesn't have the time and he could maybe earn more in the NL. I wasn't sure if people were aware he rides in Denmark. Best of luck to the lad.

He's ridden a grand total of 1 meeting in the Danish league this year.

The reason why he (and many others Brits like him, like Morris, Morley, Blackbird, Jacobs, et al) are not riding in the PL is that many(not all) promoters would prefer to bring in a new rider from abroad & gain an asset (£££) as opposed to taking a Brit on loan, and thus paying a loan fee.

My opinion, anyway,.

Or possibly they think that foreign riders with unique names make better speedway riders. Who knows!

He made great progress last year also which was nice to see,did it on the back of a couple of nasty crashes to,one at Mildenhall i think

The other thing that impressed me about him was the laps he put in during the winter at the AM meetings at Scunny,he seemed to gain alot from doing laps along side the Worralls,Irving etc,same for Tom Young, which goes along way to proving that if you want laps and competative racing you can get it,and it works wonders, the odd time i have spoken to him hes a nice kid to

Gained a lot of experience from the same guys he rode with for the whole of 2011?? ;)

Edited by MrMungo
  • Like 1

Gained a lot of experience from the same guys he rode with for the whole of 2011?? ;)

Sorry,meant riding against in competative races!!! well done the the lad either way!

He's ridden a grand total of 1 meeting in the Danish league this year.

The reason why he (and many others Brits like him, like Morris, Morley, Blackbird, Jacobs, et al) are not riding in the PL is that many(not all) promoters would prefer to bring in a new rider from abroad & gain an asset (£££) as opposed to taking a Brit on loan, and thus paying a loan fee.

My opinion, anyway,.

Or possibly they think that foreign riders with unique names make better speedway riders. Who knows!

Don't forget the longer hair!!!! :rolleyes:

Ben Morley has impressed me this year but he doesnt seem to get much track time at Rye.

A few years ago most of the Raiders would get rides after the main meeting.

Now its the juniors and kids - nothing against this but track time is so important to the National guys.

Ben Morley has impressed me this year but he doesnt seem to get much track time at Rye.

A few years ago most of the Raiders would get rides after the main meeting.

Now its the juniors and kids - nothing against this but track time is so important to the National guys.

You are dead right about the lack of track time there are a number of lads at Bens level that are finding it hard to improve because of it .but the promoters dont seem to care as long as theres a mediocre foreiner available...The sport needs a shake up to give these kids the oportunity,, to ride at the next level to have any chance of improving...

Due to the lack of 80cc system in this country 90% of the NL aint good enough for PL and most wont take a PL gig if it means having to travel more than a couple of hours.

Due to the lack of 80cc system in this country 90% of the NL aint good enough for PL and most wont take a PL gig if it means having to travel more than a couple of hours.

So 10% are and i can asure you they would travel given the opportunity....