British Speedway Forum

Absolutely nothing. Would be a first class choice.

Then whats the post about even though dudleys track isnt there own its better than scunthorpe or rye house?.

Dean lost money getting to the final,all right he was not to bothered about the money but most would be,imagine what the lads who did not get to the final lost ,,,the format of this meeting is no good to over half the riders.. (Might be ok for the fans ) It needs 2 qualifying regional meetings of 4 teams,, top 2 to the final at a decent neutral track with 4 rides for all riders in the event of injury the lowest average rider in a team to take the rides

A shame Mildenhall's excellent victory is being overshadowed!

I agree,a fine win for Mildenhall i wasnt there at the meeting so shouldnt comment on the track,but you sometimes have to consider the weather in the days running up to this event,was it wet?,heavy rain?? if they havnt had decent weather/time to prepare the surface its tough to blame it on the track

• Like 1

A shame Mildenhall's excellent victory is being overshadowed!

You shouldnt be surprised at the ongoings at Loony Road should you. Good job wasn't an evening meeting cos you wouldnt have won then but the circumstances would have generated another long thread.............duck

Then whats the post about even though dudleys track isnt there own its better than scunthorpe or rye house?.

He's on about Stoke, where this meeting was held? :blink:

And Wolverhampton is not better than Scunthorpe....

Didn't want a risk a real shellacking from the wife for being late. I might have done if it had been a half decent meeting, but it wasn't.

I knew there was trouble when I arrived an hour before the start to find a crowd of riders and officials on the 3rd/4th bends and it wasn't difficult to see why, the surface on the inside being 5 shades darker than the outside. I spoke to a few people and they confirmed the inside was unrideable (being far too grippy and deep) and that the outside was slick, bald and dry. They also stated that that might have been avoided had some proper track work taken place earlier in the day.

What we got, then , was a series of processional races and falls as riders bolted for the only area of the track on which it was possible to ride, with only the more experienced lads being able to pass.

What should have been a NL showpiece was ruined by one thing : a sheer lack of effort and care by the Stoke promotion, whose crass arrogance towards members of the speedway public is pretty typical of members of the BSPA. They then have the nerve to complain about falling attendances, and I suspect that it is too much too hope that one day they will realise that there is a connection between the product you offer and what people will pay for. I certainly won't be going there again for a while.

I'd be pretty smug about it all GP. Your stadium (even if it isn't yours) is better than either Rye House or Scunthorpe, you get far bigger gates than either of those teams and, pound for pound, I'd say Dudley offer the best value speedway in the country in terms of the entertainment they offer and the way it is presented :approve:

£10 at Dudley or £16 at Rye House ? No contest.

Thats on about stoke is it or am i missing something?. Edited by tubby
  • Like 1