British Speedway Forum

Absolutely cracking meeting with all riders giving their all. Only dissapontment was the Lakeside fans cheering when Darcy hit the deck in the final.

Booed him when presented his trophy at the end by Emma.

Very poor considering all the boys rode for nothing tonight.

Fitting tribute to Lee.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 2

I don't know it was Lakeside fans but in light of why we were all there I felt it was in poor taste :-( RIP #RICO

Will be looking at nearly an hour in a car park. How to ruin a good night! All it would take is a few stewards directing traffic!

Not sure stewards would be much use - hundreds of cars from multiple points all aiming for a two lane (if used carefully) exit road.

• Like 1

We went up the car park and out of the gate used by the riders. The queue there was just a few minutes to the main road, as opposed to half an hour or more on the normal exit road.

Terrific turnout for Rico. Well done to all, especially those who travelled from far afield to support the event.

Shame that they run out of programmes, does anyone know if they are going to do a reprint so fans can get one? Never seen Lakeside so packed, a tribute to Lee.

Left directly after the final so didn't hear any booing (back in Reading by midnight!) but I can imagine a few fans were slightly peeved at Ward's move on AJ in their race together. Maybe not the best time to vent their displeasure with him, but it'll hardly detract from what was a great meeting, watched more importantly by a massive crowd.

That was all for you Lee! :approve:

We got out of the car park fairly quickly to be honest...although the person trying to get in to the car park didn't help the traffic flow.

Great meeting, so many people and a fitting tribute to Lee.

Not sure stewards would be much use - hundreds of cars from multiple points all aiming for a two lane (if used carefully) exit road.

And I'm not sure it would have been the car park's fault either. There may have been a problem further down the line with the closure of the slip road leading up to junction 30 for the M25.

So very pleased that there was a massive turnout for this meeting - couldn't be there in person, but definitely there in spirit. Hoping there will be a dvd available in due course. Very proud of my speedway family tonight!

• Like 1

WOW what a turnout to pay tribute to Lee.

After fighting the traffic from Kent and seeing the car park with cars everywhere a good hour before the meeting.

Strange to see Greg,Jason flying around Lakeside and great to see AJ again(like he had never been away).

I am sure Emma and all the family must have felt so proud to see how many fans turned up to pay tribute to the one and only LEE RICHARDSON.

#RICO.

• Like 2