British Speedway Forum

The referree for Simon's meeting, Jim Lawrence, has kindly agreed for a fan to shadow him for this meeting. The experience is now on Ebay for the next 7 days & I have included the link. http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=360478976427

The winning bidder will accompany Jim on the track walk, be present for the rider briefing & then watch the meeting from the ref's box.

This is a great opportunity for any Speedway fan.

All proceeds will go to Simon's Testimonial Fund in recognition of his services.

Julie

Just 4 hours left to get any last minute bids in - dont miss this fantastic opportunity!

Sorry that I took so long getting back to you - there are two slightly different designs, one has a fleece inside and the other doesnt. They cost £37 and are available in all sizes. If you want certain sizes just let me know and I will make sure that they have them available on thursday (if possible). Do you want to know the price of anything else?

Hi spoke to the ladies who run the merchandise at P-boro they said they have ran out but will order me one. Yeah i will be getting some t-shirts/ polo shirts so prices would be good plz. Looking forward to thursday

Glad to see the auction got into 3 figures

As I was the underbidder and helped push it up from about £30 when I started bidding, I feel I've done my bit to boost Simon's fund even if I don't get to the stadium tomorrow :D

Good one! :t: (although I know the winning bidder so they might not be so pleased..........)

Not really - I am sure they are happy that it is going to such a worthy cause ;)

One change from the line-up: Batch out (now riding for his Czech club) and Kenneth Bjerre in - hows that for a late replacement, in comes a GP Star! :lol:

Obviously would of loved to see Troy riding but you cant beat changing him with Kenneth Bjerre what a late replacement change :) Also pleased with what Simon is doing for the Rico fund and auctioning off a race jacket made specially for Lee.

• Like 2

You beat me to it Swindonbabe! ;)

There will be an auction of all race jackets (including the one made specially for #RICO who had already agreed to ride in this meeting before his sad loss) - plus a raffle with some brilliant prizes - in the main bar straight after the meeting :D

The local forecast is not looking too bad with it being overcast for most of the day with just the odd shower around lunch time.

Metcheck & BBC forecasts both looking good too!

Looking forward to seeing a packed Abbey tonight :-)

Weather fine and dry at 11am and has been the same all morning.

Most of the riders there tonight ride well at the Abbey which should lead to some very good racing.

Looking forward to seeing the Zagarmeister.

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Looking forward to this one, let's hope Steady gets a good turnout. He's put together a good line-up and has been loyal to the Robins throughout. Here's to a cracker :)

• Like 3

Wish I'd got the feller organised, and we could have come to this and then moved on to watch the Bandits at Somerset tomorrow.

All the very best to Steadie -- we remember his Uncle Ian (The Original) as a stalwart Bandit at Berrington lough in the 'eighties.

• Like 1

Still need a texter. ..anyone?