British Speedway Forum
waco

Raiders Vdudley Sat 16th June ..after Rockets At 6pm Rye

Oh I see you have to have a season in a 1 - 7 to have a season do you? You don't have to have as many meetings as being in a full 1 - 7 then. but not gain an avearge.

I didn't say Heeps was doing badly but the couple of times I have seen him he seemed to struggle.

Am I not free to post wherever I want ???

Post where you like,i couldnt give a rats arse!!!

and neither do i give one about a 1-7 as you say,my point was this is Richies 2nd FULL season,if you can prove me wrong on that fact please do so,now,please have a day off will you!!!

Edited by montie

Post where you like,i couldnt give a rats arse!!!

and neither do i give one about a 1-7 as you say,my point was this is Richies 2nd FULL season,if you can prove me wrong on that fact please do so,now,please have a day off will you!!!

ooh getting a bit repetitive now. Just offering an opinion which if it doesn't match yours is not worthy obviously. Too da loo

Adam Roynons 2011 average enabled him, and makes him fully eligible to ride NL in 2012. End of. Goodnight.

Another one who doesn't get it. Adams eligibility to race in the NL isn't being questioned. It's whether it's morally right, that's my argument.

• Like 1

Just offering an opinion which if it doesn't match yours is not worthy obviously.

Correct! :t::wink:

This is no longer a source of general annoyance I find it extremely disrespectful to the rest of the Heathens squad. Off the top of my head there have been 5 or 6 occasions where you could take Adam's score off the team total and we'd still have won. Adam often, I'd even say mostly, gives up heat 15 to the other members of the team. I can't remember how many times but off the top of my head I don't think he's ridden a heat 15 when the meeting is over as a contest. I'm sure any member of the Heathens squad will tell you how much they're learning from Adam, respect him as a captain and enjoy riding with him.

I've only seen him twice this year. Both times he rode in heat 15, and both times the meeting had been either won or lost, although there was an aggregate score to consider for the latter.

I don't think any rider should be able to ride in all 3 leagues. It's wonderful for the rider, whether it be Roynon, Worrall, or another, but as great as it is for them, it also causes another rider to sit on the sidelines.

That said, there are numerous accomplished riders in the National League. Riders who have comfortably beaten Roynon, so it's not like he's been getting maximums here, there and everywhere. It's not quite as bad as when we had Andy Smith in the then Conference League!

It's too late to do anything about it in 2012, but hopefully common sense will prevail, and they will limit riders to only ride in 2 leagues from next season on.

• Like 2

Shadders, you're the one who doesn't "get it". Roynons eligibility is the ONLY thing that matters. Get over it.

I'm the only one, really? Take a look back in the thread.

It's my opinion, so it matters. Maybe not to you, but that's not important.

You really are misguided, and I just love the way you have misquoted me. Who said you were the only one? Certainly not me. Read my posts properly before you make such remarks.

I'm certainly not the one that doesn't get it. People are saying that the NL is not supposed to be for riders like Adam, it's for young riders and those that perhaps can get around a track well enough but are never going to make it at a higher level. I've highlighted the achievement of those type of riders in the Heathens team, and there are many other for the other clubs. All we ever hear is moaning about Roynon and not praise for the form Tom, Ash, Dan and Darryl (in particular for us) have shown recently. The reason I said you could take Roynon's points off our total and we've still have won is specifically to highlight that these lads are riding that well at the moment. The league and the club are producing young riders that are progressing well.

As to the point of Roynon's experience when compared to Woffy, as the example given, well what nonsense. Woffy has not suffered serious injury, thankfully, and has progressed quickly up the ladder from the NL, through the PL to the EL and into the SGP and SWC. Roynon's record in the same period (some of which I had to double-check on the BSPA website) is as follows:

2006 - Broken ankle

2007 - Recovered from broken ankle and rebuilt his confidence in what I believe was a season that passed without further injuries.

2008 - By the end of May his season was over with a leg broken in 5 places.

2009 - Pre-season crash resulting in the life-threatening head injuries and a broken bone in his neck. Didn't ride all season.

2010 - Refused permission to DU because he hadn't ridden the previous season. In Apr his PL club produced a Dr's note out of the blue that stated Adam was unfit to ride until further notice. I'm sure we all remember the storm that surrounded this incident. Luckily Adam picked up a team place quite quickly but by May he was out with a broken ankle and also had knee ligament damage. Another season ruined.

2011 - By the time Adam had completed just five meetings for the Heathens (not sure of the number PL fixtures in that time), two of which were only challenge meetings, Adam was out with a broken femur. This was in late Apr. Adam returned last July for the Golden Hammer at Dudley 'Wood' and I think rode just one further meeting for the Heathens in early Aug before it became apparent he couldn't continue to ride for us. He did ride in the last few weeks of the season at PL level though.

Not only has Adam been arguably the most unlucky rider in World Speedway with regard to injuries but he was also very unlucky to get caught up in the sport's red tape and controversy in 2010. Adam is only 23, though he's been a professional speedway rider for quite a long time compared to the youngsters starting out. But to say he's got 7 years of experience behind him is not really true. What the above shows quite clearly is that Adam actually has little experience for a rider his age (who did not did not come to the sport late). This is the first time in 5 years that he's got as far as June without picking up a serious injury!! He's riding this league for one season only to rebuild his fitness and confidence, and as evidenced by some of his scores for Worky and Cov it's working. Had Adam got through to this point of last season without injury he would not be riding NL this season as his average would have been too high. Likewise, now he's getting himself to something like the form and fitness his raw talent deserves he will not ride NL next season. The sport's team building is entirely dominated by its stats. The SCB have produced the rules with regard to averages and whatever a rider's average is is what it is. Adam's average allowed him to start the season in the NL. You can't start making exceptions due to who the rider is.

As for riders like Roynon taking another rider's place - well whose place in the NL has Adam taken this season? If anyone is suggesting the Heathens should have named another 3-pointer instead of a number 1 and started 6 points under the points limit then that's just ridiculous.

• Like 2

Wonder how many of you would be bitching if Adam or Richie rode for your club. Pathetic jelousy is all it is

I'm certainly not the one that doesn't get it. People are saying that the NL is not supposed to be for riders like Adam, it's for young riders and those that perhaps can get around a track well enough but are never going to make it at a higher level. I've highlighted the achievement of those type of riders in the Heathens team, and there are many other for the other clubs. All we ever hear is moaning about Roynon and not praise for the form Tom, Ash, Dan and Darryl (in particular for us) have shown recently. The reason I said you could take Roynon's points off our total and we've still have won is specifically to highlight that these lads are riding that well at the moment. The league and the club are producing young riders that are progressing well.

As to the point of Roynon's experience when compared to Woffy, as the example given, well what nonsense. Woffy has not suffered serious injury, thankfully, and has progressed quickly up the ladder from the NL, through the PL to the EL and into the SGP and SWC. Roynon's record in the same period (some of which I had to double-check on the BSPA website) is as follows:

2006 - Broken ankle

2007 - Recovered from broken ankle and rebuilt his confidence in what I believe was a season that passed without further injuries.

2008 - By the end of May his season was over with a leg broken in 5 places.

2009 - Pre-season crash resulting in the life-threatening head injuries and a broken bone in his neck. Didn't ride all season.

2010 - Refused permission to DU because he hadn't ridden the previous season. In Apr his PL club produced a Dr's note out of the blue that stated Adam was unfit to ride until further notice. I'm sure we all remember the storm that surrounded this incident. Luckily Adam picked up a team place quite quickly but by May he was out with a broken ankle and also had knee ligament damage. Another season ruined.

2011 - By the time Adam had completed just five meetings for the Heathens (not sure of the number PL fixtures in that time), two of which were only challenge meetings, Adam was out with a broken femur. This was in late Apr. Adam returned last July for the Golden Hammer at Dudley 'Wood' and I think rode just one further meeting for the Heathens in early Aug before it became apparent he couldn't continue to ride for us. He did ride in the last few weeks of the season at PL level though.

Not only has Adam been arguably the most unlucky rider in World Speedway with regard to injuries but he was also very unlucky to get caught up in the sport's red tape and controversy in 2010. Adam is only 23, though he's been a professional speedway rider for quite a long time compared to the youngsters starting out. But to say he's got 7 years of experience behind him is not really true. What the above shows quite clearly is that Adam actually has little experience for a rider his age (who did not did not come to the sport late). This is the first time in 5 years that he's got as far as June without picking up a serious injury!! He's riding this league for one season only to rebuild his fitness and confidence, and as evidenced by some of his scores for Worky and Cov it's working. Had Adam got through to this point of last season without injury he would not be riding NL this season as his average would have been too high. Likewise, now he's getting himself to something like the form and fitness his raw talent deserves he will not ride NL next season. The sport's team building is entirely dominated by its stats. The SCB have produced the rules with regard to averages and whatever a rider's average is is what it is. Adam's average allowed him to start the season in the NL. You can't start making exceptions due to who the rider is.

As for riders like Roynon taking another rider's place - well whose place in the NL has Adam taken this season? If anyone is suggesting the Heathens should have named another 3-pointer instead of a number 1 and started 6 points under the points limit then that's just ridiculous.

Yet another mighty fine post!

Well done sir :drink:

• Like 1

Let's not forget, Adam started in 2003 in the CL...9 years ago.

I have no problem with Adam riding in the NL. Gives younger riders something to aspire to, and gives them a notable scalp if they manage to beat him, but surely there should be some limit on how long you can ride in the NL for? Maybe changing the ruling of over 30's to saying that you can ride in the NL for the first 5 seasons from your first NL race, with 1 exception per team? Give riders an incentive to move up? Maybe even do it like the American College sports systems, where you have so many years of eligibility?

Let's not forget, Adam started in 2003 in the CL...9 years ago.

I have no problem with Adam riding in the NL. Gives younger riders something to aspire to, and gives them a notable scalp if they manage to beat him, but surely there should be some limit on how long you can ride in the NL for? Maybe changing the ruling of over 30's to saying that you can ride in the NL for the first 5 seasons from your first NL race, with 1 exception per team? Give riders an incentive to move up? Maybe even do it like the American College sports systems, where you have so many years of eligibility?

sounds good to me...i propose this rule to start in 2015..you can have richie till then and we keep royno :lol::cheers: