British Speedway Forum
waco

Raiders Vdudley Sat 16th June ..after Rockets At 6pm Rye

It is not about individual riders its about the rules allowing riders to ride in 3 leagues which is wrong,, it stands to reason that any rider good enough to ride in the Elite league is to good for the National League ,,,end of argument,,.

It is not about individual riders its about the rules allowing riders to ride in 3 leagues which is wrong,, it stands to reason that any rider good enough to ride in the Elite league is to good for the National League ,,,end of argument,,.

It's not the end of the argument at all sadly. It's just your opinion (the same as I have mine). Difference is, the rules differ to your opinion. And, exactly the same argument could be used for a rider riding in 2 leagues. I suspect that your problem is, that this year, Adam is riding so well, that you want the rules changing mid-season. If you feel so strongly about it, then do something positive like lobbying your promoter to get the rules changed for next year. At this moment in time, the rules allow for it. Nobody is breaking or even bending the rules. THAT is the end of the argument.

With regard to some people's argument that an Englisman riding in all 3 leagues (of which there are how many?) is blocking places for youngsters in the NL, that argument is simply absurd. Firstly, it has undoubtedly helped an Englishman regain his confidence to the point that he is now banging on doors with people taking notice. But possibly more importantly, how about having a look at the "no hope" Johnny Foreigners in the PL that are genuinely blocking places for up and coming Brits. To get a work permit, the entry rules state that they must have "an internationally established high level career in professional sport, and be able to make a significant contribution at a high level to sport in the U.K." Mmmmmm - this could turn out to be a tad embarrassing should somebody decide to have a long hard look.

whats wrong with having a good national league ?????????

Its a 3 tier league system to grade riders to produce competitive racing.. Not to have elite league riders totally out classing youngsters and has beens in the National League ,,Obviously Stoke and Dudley fans are going to disagree with that,, its human nature ,,Whats the saying "Its like taking candy from a baby".....

Absolute nonsense. Dudley fans have been treated to some fantastic racing ( yes, racing, not riding) this year. And what's this about Stoke fans? Are you now also suggesting that Richie shouldn't be allowed in the NL too? I'd be careful what I say if I were you. If it's a 3 tier system, why are both your NL side and you PL side using riders that also compete in a higher legues? I am dumbfounded by your double standard remarks.

Edited by villiers210

More British riders isn't always better, it's making the the ones you've got better riders

• Like 1

I refer to elite league to National league only ..no double standards ,,the inter change from National to Premier and premier to Elite is quite normal so dont twist my words to suite your opinion ,,which you are entitled to,, as am i..

So still no praise for the league or the young riders that are progressing well I see. Nor an answer to the genuine question as to whose place Roynon has taken in the league this season. Without him the Heathens would have signed an equally, or more, experienced 9-pointer as we needed a number 1.

If Roynon riding the NL is 'like taking candy from a baby' perhaps we should boot Ward out of the EL because they're both averaging around 10½ this season? Doubt I'll get an answer to that either!

So still no praise for the league or the young riders that are progressing well I see. Nor an answer to the genuine question as to whose place Roynon has taken in the league this season. Without him the Heathens would have signed an equally, or more, experienced 9-pointer as we needed a number 1.

If Roynon riding the NL is 'like taking candy from a baby' perhaps we should boot Ward out of the EL because they're both averaging around 10½ this season? Doubt I'll get an answer to that either!

You cant compere Ward inthe Elite only..with riders who are taking advantage of the rules as they stand to ride in all 3 leagues....Nothing against the riders concerned i just think the rule should be changed to 2 leagues only for next season...I would have the same opinion if the riders concerned were riding for the Raiders,,, this is mine and a number of others i have spoken too opinions,, i respect yours even though i disagree.....

Taking riders like Roynon and Worral out of the NL would mean crowds of 2 men and a dog. People want to want to watch good riders not riders struggling to turn a bike

I absolutely respect others' right to an opinion. If you don't like the rules then moan about the SCB. There's no point aiming you wrath at Roynon, the Heathens, the NL, British Speedway or the BSPA. I'm still staggered that anyone would moan about a young Brit, and yes he's still young, taking advantage of the rules to further his injury-interrupted career.

I still haven't seen a response as to who people think has missed out on a team place because of Roynon. Which young Brit should the Heathens have signed in his place?

The comment about Ward in the EL is absolutely relevant. The comment was made that Roynon taking points off the younger Brits was 'like taking candy from a baby'. Well the same could be said about Ward and the EL. What chance of our young Brits got in the EL when Ward's average in that league is the same as Roynon's in the NL, and likewise at that level Ward is beating them by ¼ lap? Do you read comments from EL fans that they want the EL weakened to the lowest denominator or strengthened to a higher standard? The only way to get better is ride against riders that are better and quicker than you are. It gives you a target.

Its a 3 tier league system to grade riders to produce competitive racing.. Not to have elite league riders totally out classing youngsters and has beens in the National League ,,Obviously Stoke and Dudley fans are going to disagree with that,, its human nature ,,Whats the saying "Its like taking candy from a baby".....

Are you saying that if Ben was given the opportunity to ride for say Kings Lynn you would turn the opportunity down because he would be 'out classed' ?. I know most of the riders are more than happy to ride against these people because it gives them a challenge. They are bringing their experience to the NL the step up to PL seems to be too big for lads to fire staright off. There are only so many teams and so many no. 1's so teams need to use riders like Worrall and Roynan. How many out and out NL NO1.s can you name?.

It also gives a bench mark to all national league riders when they come up against Adam to see how much better they need to be to progress into the other leagues.

Pretty much the same can be seen if you look at Bomber in the Elite league and the GP's

I refer to elite league to National league only ..no double standards ,,the inter change from National to Premier and premier to Elite is quite normal so dont twist my words to suite your opinion ,,which you are entitled to,, as am i..

While I would agree that it is more common, exactly the same argumentt could be made about PL riders riding in the NL. I am not twisting anybody's words my friend - you are just shooting yourself in the foot!!!

Adam started this year in the NL with an average that was calculated from his 2011 PL average. His 2011 NL average was in fact much lower. When given the opportunity, he decided to chance his arm at a reserve level as well in the EL. As it turns out, he has done exceptionally well in his role for the Bees. If he had scored nothing but a string of zero's in the EL, we would not be having this debate and you would probably be happy. I find it rather sad that there are people who would bemoan a British success story.

Edited by villiers210