British Speedway Forum

Gollob surprised me with his change of form on Saturday.

Edited by Mark

If Walkabout in Cardiff is th best you have found I feel sorry for you.There are 100's maybe 1000's of places that are better than Walkabout!

Instead of feeling sorry for me why don't you name a few of these 100's of places. I've not been going to the GP's for very long, so only go where I know my speedway buddies will be and that's been the Walkabout since 2008.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/1669/flawless-in-cardiff Well could have been worse. Looking forward to the brass band (me being a Yorkshire lass :party:). I think I have also read that the rewaco trikes are doing the riders parade again this year....must say always create a great start to the meeting. Roll on 25th!!

gutted, first year for as long as i can remember not going and they put entertainment on like this. maybe i will buy a ticket after all.

watched nascar two weeks ago, they had Train among others as pre entertainment :-)

Edited by The Know

Instead of feeling sorry for me why don't you name a few of these 100's of places. I've not been going to the GP's for very long, so only go where I know my speedway buddies will be and that's been the Walkabout since 2008.

Stand outside Walkabout and look around you. You'll see about 15-20 places straight away. I really dont understand why people go to Walkabout, it's boring, bland and generally crap in every way. It doesn't okay any specific genre of music either so it can't be for that. And if Trees is right people go to get closer to speedway riders then WOW!

gutted, first year for as long as i can remember not going and they put entertainment on like this. maybe i will buy a ticket after all.

watched nascar two weeks ago, they had Train among others as pre entertainment :-)

Train as in 'Drops of Jupiter', great song but I dont think speedway crowds are quite on the same level as nascar though so therefore we cannot ever hope to afford better acts than we're getting. Its always a great day all in all. Some folk on here put way too much emphasis on the acts but after all it is the speedway racing thats important and everything else is a bonus. I'm a farmer (ess) so always the eternal optimist :lol:

Once youve seen one dance act then youve seen them all. Pre entertainment does not interested me at all, why would i want to get into the stadium early and pay more for my drinks.

Train as in 'Drops of Jupiter', great song but I dont think speedway crowds are quite on the same level as nascar though so therefore we cannot ever hope to afford better acts than we're getting. Its always a great day all in all. Some folk on here put way too much emphasis on the acts but after all it is the speedway racing thats important and everything else is a bonus. I'm a farmer (ess) so always the eternal optimist :lol:

yes you are right, however entertainment has got worse and worse since img bought bsi. this is there flag ship event but done on a budget as their paying :wink:

• Like 1

The Walkabout with it's drunk riders and fans were all part of the Cardiff entertainment ....... 10 years ago anyways ;)

Will there be an alternative meet up venue this year,always looked forward to a few beers in Walkabout on the Friday night

Stand outside Walkabout and look around you. You'll see about 15-20 places straight away. I really dont understand why people go to Walkabout, it's boring, bland and generally crap in every way. It doesn't okay any specific genre of music either so it can't be for that. And if Trees is right people go to get closer to speedway riders then WOW!

We are still waiting for you to name somewhere.From a 1000 venues you have gone down to a hundred and now down to 15-20.We need a meet up venue which can accommodate hundreds of speedway fans alongside the throngs of cardiff locals on a summers night out,baring walkabout can't think of many venues that have the capacity and are open late enough.Over to you SCB (or anyone else who has ideas) would be a shame to not have a central meet up venue !

Will there be an alternative meet up venue this year,always looked forward to a few beers in Walkabout on the Friday night

We are still waiting for you to name somewhere.From a 1000 venues you have gone down to a hundred and now down to 15-20.We need a meet up venue which can accommodate hundreds of speedway fans alongside the throngs of cardiff locals on a summers night out,baring walkabout can't think of many venues that have the capacity and are open late enough.Over to you SCB (or anyone else who has ideas) would be a shame to not have a central meet up venue !

I'd be forever naming names as there's so many. If you like walkabout then go for O'Neils. Walkabout is at the bottom of the street with a massive number of clubs, just walk up the road, you can't fail to find a club. We're talking Cardiff here, not some little village.

If you want a list, use google as frankly every other club in Cardiff is better than Walkabout.

There are apparently between 50 and 60 bars/pubs/clubs on that road alone. More if you want to go looking.

Edited by SCB

Yes O'Neills would be the way to go......being an Irish bar and therefore loads of craic!!!!!