British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zetters

Never Swedish Wolves More/in The Future For Woffy!

Tai Woffinden say to a swedish newspaper that He will ride in Sweden BUT NOT any more for Vargarna=the swedish wolves!

They have destroyed My career. They are guilty me a lot of money and now they Dont leave Me to another club if The new club dont pay Vargarna a lot of money for Him.

Im so sorry for a real british/aussie talent as We will see in the swedish league of course say´s STEPHEN ZETTERWALL.

As always the two sides in the conflict

From what understand Vargarna claims that Tai have not fulfilled his duties, by not bringing appropriate equipment/engines

and/or by declining to ride with the motivation that he didn't have any engines available.

Who's right and who's wrong i don't know. perhaps both or neither. I would like to claim that the "Truth" usually is somewhere inbetween.

and i wouldn't trust a newspaper journalist too much either.

As we say in England '6 of one and half dozen of the other'.

Sad all the same as simply another nail in the coffin of British speedway as we fall further behind in development of young British talent and TW may speak with an Aussie accent but he was born in Scunthorpe and is as British as fish and chips and also our best prospect.

Riding in Sweden and Poland is essential nowadays to progress in the sport and the deterioration of the top British league with its lack of chances for British young talent leaves us as a backwater whilst the former 60s and 70s 'joke' nations such as the former Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia and former USSR push ahead and make progress year by year as the 'joke' becomes firmly on US.

We need our top talent (what there is of it) really competing in the top European leagues and making progress instead of helping train everybody else's.

Edited by pandorum