British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
builderbob

Stoke V Iow

has this meeting been cancelled?

Not as yet!

The Islanders are at full strength but the Potters are missing their top 2 so I'd expect a line-up like this:

Stoke Potters

1. Adam McKinna (G)

2. Richie Worrall R/R

3. Tony Atkin

4. Ross Walter

5. Jaimie Pickard

6. Liam Carr

7. Ben Reade

Isle of Wight Islanders

1. Kyle Hughes

2. Ben Hopwood

3. Danny Warwick

4. Aaron Baseby

5. Paul Starke

6. Danny Stoneman

7. Gary Cottham

Stoke's rider replacement can be taken by Atkin, Pickard, Walter, Reade or Carr.

Before I knew of Birks' absence (British semi) I thought a point was possible but now, if I'm honest, we should be targeting 3 points! If you don't beat a side missing their top 2 when are you going to beat them?

• Like 1

Yes Islander you should be in with a shout to take some points, however not sure what the weather has been like up in Stoke, but here in Dudley, it has been raining almost all day, heavy for most of the time, though it has stopped for the last few hours, it has just started again now. If they have had anything like the rain we have had, then there is little chance of this being on. :sad:

ben reade is trump card at reserve and mckinna and aitkin are both more than capable, so i wouldnt under estimate stoke even with out there elite and premier league riders, however should now make a good contest, if its on which i doubt

The British semi has been called off, so assuming this beats the weather, does that mean Birks will be able to ride? It gives him enough time to get his gear to Stoke but do the Potters have to stick to their declaration for today which has McKinna in?

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Birks is riding

Surely this is against the rules if he is riding - teams must be declared at least 72 hours before the meeting.

Surely this is against the rules if he is riding - teams must be declared at least 72 hours before the meeting.

No its perfectly legal. Ash was only missing due to another racing commitment which took priority, that is now cancelled so he is now available to ride.

Weather has been surprisingly good thus far, with the sun peeking out!

Hopefully the track will be good, and having Birks back will really help us! I think Stoke have enough to get all 3 points, but it will be close.

Can I just say this was not me. That will teach me to leave my account signed in :oops:

cannot believe stoke. cancelled the fours twice very early then run this meeting when the whole country is under flood.

lets hope if this meeting gets cancelled at the last minute they pay proper money for riders travel

Crikey Builderbob, sounds like you want it called off!