British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Final At Wolverhampton, Mon 30th July 2012

Its Tai`s to lose really with home track advantage. Just think back to last years final though and it means alot to Harris and Scott to be British Champion so expect hard racing and Scott is quick round Wolverhampton and won't be scared to give anybody a good shunt out of the way just ask Bomber.

Tai does deserve a chance at Cardiff as Scott has struggled when he has been the wild card.

Was that his fourth year as a professional rider or was it the fourth year from when he first sat on a speedway bike?

Cookie wasnt even racing speedway at 18 so how can that be used as a comparison?

Because how many 18 year olds are able to achieve that? That shows that he is something a bit special,whereas at 25 Cook is still nowhere near that.

Just face it,people may not like him but Woffinden is a great talent, and is in a different league to any other young rider, with only Nicholls and Harris anywhere near him.

Cook will never reach the standards Woffinden is at now in his career. Got nothing against him but he is nothing special at all.

With almost half the line up being coventry riders or assets think it would be nice to be at coventry one year. They always use british riders

To be fair Coventry have held more than their fair share of British Finals.

If you recall a few years ago we held the ELRC, despite havign 3 riders in the final it was a bit of a disaster financially for the club so I presume they did not offer to stage the meeting for fear of losing more cash.

As for the meeting, Woffy is just getting over a shoulder injury, as is Nicholls, Harris is struggling for consistency relating to his bikes and Kennett is just struggling full stop.... Final of Woffy Harris and Nicholls plus 1 for me.

I think personally its Nicholls to lose tonight. Really does ride Monmore well and with Harris stuggling for consistency & Woffy in pain he should be favourite. Think Roynon may spring a suprise & Cook to be there or there abouts.

Edited by At the tapes

Because how many 18 year olds are able to achieve that? That shows that he is something a bit special,whereas at 25 Cook is still nowhere near that.

Just face it,people may not like him but Woffinden is a great talent, and is in a different league to any other young rider, with only Nicholls and Harris anywhere near him.

Cook will never reach the standards Woffinden is at now in his career. Got nothing against him but he is nothing special at all.

Like i said Cookie wasnt even racing speedway at 18 so your point is invalid. Does that mean that Tai is better than what Sam Ermolenko was as he was also a late comer to the sport in terms of his age, but he went on to be World Champion. Tai WAS full of potential but has long since lost that and seems to be slotting into a level at which he will stay.

Claiming Woffinden to be in a different league from any other young rider shows your blinkered views on the matter.

Better than any other young British rider actually, which I can hardly see being argued.

Also, how has he lost his potential and found a level?

Last two years he has had his season split up by 2 month injury lay offs, yet he has increased his averages on both occasions.

If his level is a 9.00 average in the Elite League and 7.00 in Poland then that is better than any other Brits, yet at 21 he is going to improve!

• Like 1

So you can see the future and guarentee he will improve? I didnt argue that he may well be the best "young Brit" (btw what is young in your mind?) I am arguing that he is not in a league of his own when it comes to others.

My point also still stands that you cant compare what he done at 18 with someone who didnt start racing speedway until he was 21/22.

I think personally its Nicholls to lose tonight. Really does ride Monmore well and with Harris stuggling for consistency & Woffy in pain he should be favourite. Think Roynon may spring a suprise & Cook to be there or there abouts.

Lots of riders in tonight's field ride monmore well:

• Woffinden (obviously)
  • Roynon (with Dudley)
  • Nicholls
  • Harris
  • King
  • Barker

etc...

I think if the rain has affected the track, tonight's title belongs to King.

For me as much as i am looking foward to tonights meeting, the link below shows the era i most remember the British Final as being the meeting of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCSavmzNOmc

Wolverhampton will fill 1 side with ease but would never cope if that amount of people turned up

For me as much as i am looking foward to tonights meeting, the link below shows the era i most remember the British Final as being the meeting of the season.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fCSavmzNOmc

Wolverhampton will fill 1 side with ease but would never cope if that amount of people turned up

~~Those were the days, Sunday afternoons and picnic in car park after meeting as it took at least an hour to get out!

Lawson?

Cant you go and discover wanking or something

• Like 4

Thanks as ever MP.....looking forward to this meeting, and I would like either Josh Auty/Stuart Robson to win Please!! (We need a new face having a go at Cardiff not the same old faces with same old result) about time a 'northerner' had a blast at this. :lol:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fCSavmzNOmc

A proper speedway meeting at a proper speedway stadium with a tremendous crowd. Perhaps someone should send a link of this race to all at BSPA towers, just to remind them what a mess they have made of our sport.

• Like 1