British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Stoke V Dudley (saturday 21st July, Nl. 7:30pm)

So, Dudley come to Stoke this weekend, looking to keep their 100% record intact.

For Stoke, Liam Carr is riding for Berwick, so we have drafted in Jack Kingston at number 6. For Dudley, No Roynon or Morris means Steve Worrall rides at 1, with R/R for Ash at 4.

Teams:

Stoke:

1) Simon Lambert

2) Adam Wrathall

3) Tony Atkin

4) Ross Walter

5) Ash Birks

6) Jack Kingston

7) Ben Reade

Dudley:

1) Steve Worrall

2) James White Williams

3) Tom Perry

4) R/R

5) Byron Bekker

6) Darryl Ritchings

7) Dan Greenwood

This meeting could go either way. I can't see anyone other than Perry getting close to Lambert or Birks, so it comes down to the remaining riders. I can see Dudley nicking a point from this.

If both Teams had full strength sides out i could have seen the Heathens nicking the points, but without Royno and Ash, i would be happy with just the 1 point. I cant see any of our riders beating Birks or Lambert, Ben Reade should be good for double points, so i think Tony will more than score the points needed, the unknown factor is if one of Stokes top four have an off night, then they wont be able to cover it.

We dont seem to ride The Stoke Track very well, Tom should get double figures, Byron and Steve should get around 8 a piece, JWW and Daniel around 4/5 each, If we have a match winner then it could be Daryl Ritchings, his form has been disapointing generally this season <mostly bikes seem slow> but on Tuesday, he looked to have a lot better set up with his bike, hence more speed, and if he shows Tuesdays speed, then i would expect double figures from Daryl, and a very close meeting.

Whichever way it goes, good luck to both Teams, but "Ommer Um" :wink:

Edited by greyhoundp

If both Teams had full strength sides out i could have seen the Heathens nicking the points, but without Royno and Ash, i would be happy with just the 1 point. I cant see any of our riders beating Birks or Lambert, Ben Reade should be good for double points, so i think Tony will more than score the points needed, the unknown factor is if one of Stokes top four have an off night, then they wont be able to cover it.

We dont seem to ride The Stoke Track very well, Tom should get double figures, Byron and Steve should get around 8 a piece, JWW and Daniel around 4/5 each, If we have a match winner then it could be Daryl Ritchings, his form has been disapointing generally this season <mostly bikes seem slow> but on Tuesday, he looked to have a lot better set up with his bike, hence more speed, and if he shows Tuesdays speed, then i would expect double figures from Daryl, and a very close meeting.

Whichever way it goes, good luck to both Teams, but "Ommer Um" :wink:

Byron is an enigma at Stoke. I have seen him look untouchable, and have seen him look like he was never going to beat anyone.

The whole basis of this Stoke team is that our top 4 (I include Ben Reade in this) have enough about them to score around 40 points minimum (12 each for Rambo and Birks, 8 each for Atkin and Reade) and it is then about the other guys chipping in with the remaining points. It isn't out of the realms of possibility for Birks, Rambo, Reade and Atkin to score 50 between them (13+2,15,14,8 respectively). But if one has an off night, we are in deep trouble!

Cant see anythin but a comfortable stoke win. Why dudley management agreed to this with us missing our top 2 is just crazy. Stoke win with all 3 points.

Cant see anythin but a comfortable stoke win. Why dudley management agreed to this with us missing our top 2 is just crazy. Stoke win with all 3 points.

Because the fixtures this season are chronic with so many rain-offs, - ?

Heathens have had to forego 2 visits to Chesterton already because of rain.

The match is preceded by the Bronze Helmet Match Race for the NL's MRC, -

With Holder Worrall out injured Ashley Birks meets Tom Perry to decide the new Champion.

The Heathens have new averages but because Tom Perry was missing on Tuesday he doesn't. James White-Williams now lines up at reserve alongside Darryl Ritchings. And Roynon is averaging 11.70! Seriously?!

Edited by Islander15

The Heathens have new averages but because Tom Perry was missing on Tuesday he doesn't. James White-Williams now lines up at reserve alongside Darryl Ritchings. And Roynon is averaging 11.70! Seriously?!

Tom has actually missed 2 home meetings, both due to clashes with Sky Live, and both were Ipswich v Somerset on Tuesdays, so who knows when he will get a new average, but it is largely irelevant for Tom, as he will neither go up to No1, nor will he go down to reserve, so he can ride wherever management decide to put him in the riding order, outside of No1 or reserve.

Two things....Tom has only competed in 4 NL matches so far in 2012 & Adam has such a super average as he has yet to get hurt for the first time in at least 4/5 years before the end of April!

James is where he should be.....at reserve and Dan is where he deserves to be, in the main body of the team!

I wonder if anyone has bothered to tell Tom this time, that there will be a Bronze Helmet match race tonight ??. :lol::wink:

White williams will still be in the team today wont he, i thought new averges come into effect tues at isle of wight

Think you are probably right about this 1984, Vog has shown the Teams in the 1st post.

Edited by greyhoundp

White williams will still be in the team today wont he, i thought new averges come into effect tues at isle of wight

I did not know when the new Green Sheets came into operation for us.

If it is Tuesday on the Island, then that should strengthen the Heathens a bit today? If it is tonight.......give it a good go and hope we get a point!

Anyway, good luck to all the 14 lads and may the best team win :party:

oh ye of little faith :P brilliant effort from the heathens and thanks a million stevie worrall :t::cheers: Edited by wembley81
  • Like 1

Haha yeh little faith but if all heathens are honest they would of thought the same.

Glad i was wrong thou, holds my hands up and such a great win. Worrall great guest and all the boys chipping in with vital points.

Ommered

Haha yeh little faith but if all heathens are honest they would of thought the same.

Glad i was wrong thou, holds my hands up and such a great win. Worrall great guest and all the boys chipping in with vital points.

Ommered

got to agree mate.......chuffed to bits :t: