British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RPNY

Swc Hosts 2013 - Why Not Cov?

The local councils determine the capacity along with, I assume, advice from the elf and safety brigade.

Swindons current limit is about 5000 where as in the past crowds have been 2 to 3 times that for test matches. I would imagine the limit is controlled by a number of factors from the number of emergency exits the stadium has and the time it takes for everybody to get out to the number of toilets it has.

the grandstand seats circa 1800, but due to the taylor report is now limited to about 1500, I would think you could get 1000 on each bend and another 2000 on the back staright, add to that 250+ on the home straight and 300 in the bar/dining lounge there is capacity to hold around 6k.

More than enough for this type of meeting.

How about holding the race off at one venue and the final at another. Sheffield is only 2 hours away from Coventry so wouldn't make to much organization if the WTC was held on these shores

• Like 1

the grandstand seats circa 1800, but due to the taylor report is now limited to about 1500, I would think you could get 1000 on each bend and another 2000 on the back staright, add to that 250+ on the home straight and 300 in the bar/dining lounge there is capacity to hold around 6k.

More than enough for this type of meeting.

How about holding the race off at one venue and the final at another. Sheffield is only 2 hours away from Coventry so wouldn't make to much organization if the WTC was held on these shores

NOT practical ... TV wouldn't want to set up at two venues, stadium branding, ticketing, etc.

sorry for the double post,

covdogs.com have the capacity listed at 4500, although that seems a little low to me

phil. isn't this the biggest problem with Speedway in the UK. Football moves from city to city, even the Olympics are hosting matches at smaller stadia,

as posted it's less than two hours drive from Sheffield to Coventry, so I can't understand how the logistics would make that much difference. The airfence could be transported as it is for the GP's, both Sheffierld and Coventry have the capacity to host Televised events, and maybe more fans from north of Manchester would attend if one meeting was further north

sorry for the double post,

covdogs.com have the capacity listed at 4500, although that seems a little low to me

phil. isn't this the biggest problem with Speedway in the UK. Football moves from city to city, even the Olympics are hosting matches at smaller stadia,

as posted it's less than two hours drive from Sheffield to Coventry, so I can't understand how the logistics would make that much difference. The airfence could be transported as it is for the GP's, both Sheffierld and Coventry have the capacity to host Televised events, and maybe more fans from north of Manchester would attend if one meeting was further north

THE cost of mounting an outside broadcast, rigging all the cameras, miles of cables, building a studio, etc is huge. This is speedway we are talking about, not the Olympics or football. The money isn't there. It's a nice idea but, as I say, simply not practical.

Phil, thanks for your reply, not really what I wanted to read but thanks any way.

nothing wrong with coventry seen many a good meeting there fim events and nlrc and stuff. im an ipswich fan but our place isnt good enough. just dont hold it at peterboro as mjj would be unbeaten!!! whats wrong with lynn best race track in the country?

• Like 2