British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jef

Isle Of Wight V Buxton

Anyone know who is riding at reserve this week? Someone said Dan Stoneman Had decided to give it another go?

Danny returns, and Adam Ellis is given another chance, have to admit thought Adam was good value last week so please to see him get another meeting.

Danny returns, and Adam Ellis is given another chance, have to admit thought Adam was good value last week so please to see him get another meeting.

How can we fit both of them in? Has someone been dropped?

Edited by Jef

I don't think anybody has been dropped, I think Mark Baseby is unavailable this evening.

I don't think anybody has been dropped, I think Mark Baseby is unavailable this evening.

Should we not use rider replacement then instead?

Is there anybody going to this meeting who would be willing to text results through for the Speedway Updates site. If so, please leave me a PM on here or over at the Speedway Updates site.

Thank You

My first visit to the IOW hopefully not the last you have a great set up down there. A briliant meeting with some good racing both teams were unlucky with engine failures and a couple of falls for the Hitmen. I have to say Adam Ellis, don't know much about him apart from he lives in France. was ceratinly a great guest for the IOW.

From http://www.buxtonhitmen.co/

ISLE OF WIGHT 49 BUXTON 44

Tuesday July 31, 2012

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Isle of Wight 49: Danny Warwick 11, Ben Hopwood 10, Aaron Baseby 9+1, Adam Ellis 8+2, Danny Stoneman 5+2, Kyle Hughes 4, Paul Starke 2+1

Buxton 44: Charles Wright 15, Robert Branford 10+1, Adam McKinna 7, Luke Priest 6+1, Chris Widman 3+1, Ryan Blacklock 2, Dean Felton 1+1

Edited by TMW

Well done Danny Warwick, Ben Hopwood Aaron Baseby and Adam Ellis good solid home performances, A positive return for Dan Stoneman with a good win in the reserve race.

Kyle hughes had an off night which is a shame after his great performance last week against Dudley.

What is wrong with Paul Starkes bikes? When his bikes are running well he rides like a heat leader but he has had very few meetings without mechanical problems!

His equipment looks good and he has an experienced mechanic, such a shame as he should be one of our top riders not down at reserve!

Edited by Jef

Adam Ellis

16 year old reigning French 250cc grasstrack champion, been riding for 3 years and, (believe it or not) last nights meeting was only his 5th speedway meeting ever. Born in Marmande, south west France to English parents, father was passenger, French champion and twice european finalist with Jacques Leduc in 500cc sidecars Lived in France all his life, Eastbourne U16 championship, which he won was his first UK speedway ride and he's been doing some 2nd halves at somerset and two meetings for the young hammers. Looking to get some kind of agreement/sponsorship package to be able to ride in the UK full time next season.

What a FANTASTIC performance from Adam Ellis - the lad has won his first EVER Speedway meeting in the UK, the U-16s at Eastbourne; followed that up by winning the next round at Scunny too; and here in only his second ever NL match, scores paid ten...! Simply brilliant,, well done mate.

Ellis does appear to be quite the find at the moment, fully deserved all points he got on Tuesday, rode very well, there isn't many riders that will go round the inside at smallbrook, but he was more than willing to try the line and it worked on a couple of occasions.

Would be nice to have him back for a couple more meetings, given the mechanical issues we seem to be continuing to suffer from, if that's not possible, then thanks for your efforts Adam and all the best for what appears to be a very bright future.

Hi, Could anyone post full details of this match that I could put it on my website? Thanks in advance.

Ellis does appear to be quite the find at the moment, fully deserved all points he got on Tuesday, rode very well, there isn't many riders that will go round the inside at smallbrook, but he was more than willing to try the line and it worked on a couple of occasions.

Would be nice to have him back for a couple more meetings, given the mechanical issues we seem to be continuing to suffer from, if that's not possible, then thanks for your efforts Adam and all the best for what appears to be a very bright future.

Brought up on the (basically) Long Tracks of France, Adam was always going to find Smallbrook to his liking. But then again he won his first meeting over here on a tiddler at Arlington!!