British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jef

Isle Of Wight V Buxton

looks like he'll be back next week !

Seems to be the case. Really pleased to see Adam get a couple more meetings in for us next week, be interesting to see how he goes against a very good Dudley outfit.

Seems to be the case. Really pleased to see Adam get a couple more meetings in for us next week, be interesting to see how he goes against a very good Dudley outfit.

He rode against Dudley last week;

Isle of Wight Islanders = 29

1. Danny Warwick 0, 1, ef, 1 = 2

2. Ben Hopwood 2, 0, 3, 1, 0 = 6

3. Kyle Hughes 1, 2, 3, 3, 1 = 10

4. Aaron Baseby 0, 0, 1, 0 = 1

5. Mark Baseby 2, 0, 2, 0 = 4

6. Adam Ellis 1, 1, x, 0 = 2

7. Paul Starke ef, 1*, 0, 0, x, 3 =4+1

Read more: http://speedwayupdat...4#ixzz22UmKR0Vm

He was not disgraced, and was well on the pace, for his 1st NL meeting

Edited by greyhoundp

He rode against Dudley last week;

Isle of Wight Islanders = 29

1. Danny Warwick 0, 1, ef, 1 = 2

2. Ben Hopwood 2, 0, 3, 1, 0 = 6

3. Kyle Hughes 1, 2, 3, 3, 1 = 10

4. Aaron Baseby 0, 0, 1, 0 = 1

5. Mark Baseby 2, 0, 2, 0 = 4

6. Adam Ellis 1, 1, x, 0 = 2

7. Paul Starke ef, 1*, 0, 0, x, 3 =4+1

Read more: http://speedwayupdat...4#ixzz22UmKR0Vm

He was not disgraced, and was well on the pace, for his 1st NL meeting

Thats a point well made lol..., I'd was there too.

To be honest, the Heathens meeting was a difficult one to judge any Islander rider on, The Heathens were on fire, and The Islanders had machine gremlins pretty much throughout the whole Team at some point. Adam was well on the pace, not overawed, and for a rider of his youth and inexperience, he did very well, and i would never have guessed it was his first meeting, and i did think at the time he would be worth a place for the remainder of the season, its not before time the Islanders unearthed another gem.

The Heathens are in town again, is it next week in the KO Cup, I feel sure it will not be another 60 point win for The Heathens, in fact i could see The Islanders reversing the result, if not the scoreline, will i be tempted down again ?, it depends entirely on the weather, and i would suggest anyone in the area go along and watch what i forsee being a very entertaining meeting.

• Like 1

The problem for Adam just to get to a meeting involves a 1200km drive and a cross channel ferry. He relies on help from sidecar driver Tony Cook and ex islander ride Matt Read for help with accommodation driving etc. The meetings so far that he's done have been to gain experience and get himself known on the uk scene, after last weeks meeting had returned to Bordeaux at 7am the following day and will be leaving on Sunday to come back to the uk for the weeks meetings before returning to France for an international grass track the following week. September looks quite busy too with the last round of the U16 british championship, two meetings in France , the world 250cc grasstrack final in Germany, kings of speed grasstrack in Tonbridge and he's been invited to the U19 British speedway final in Sheffield ! I know Adam and his family, he has a talent for sure, he's even organising to finish his education by correspondence to fulfill his dream of riding professionally , if he can get a package for sponsorship/support organised, you'll be seeing a hell of a lot more of him next year

what's the weather forecast for the Island this week ?