British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Mildenhall V The Heathens

Communication between both teams av been a joke. Ill keep my dollar for this one bow. Yeh struggling f

Yeh struggling to get ya fixtures in i see, didnt ride yesterday, so cant be All that bad.

So lets get this right then a third party gobs off and winds you up = bad communications

Secondly I can't normally be ar*ed but look on the Mildenhall Stadium, a big Banger meeting on Sat 11th means no way you would want a Home meeting on the 12th as a) It would be nigh impossible to produce a good surface in such a short space of time B) you end up with car parts embedded and loose all over the track that is not possible to clear all in such a short time frame. If Chris Louis can't do any more Sky meetings put your name forward eh!

Still, carry on never let facts get in the way.

Disapointing that you don't feel that your remaining young un's deserve your support but there you go.

Kev

• Like 1

Funny how midly come out once heeps gets injured that its 4.30 start again. Haha.

Fair play ur in it to win and by looks of it you will win this one.

Well you are at least consistent! consistently wrong :rolleyes:

If Heeps wasn't injured he would have been riding for Ipswich on Sunday, so his injury made no difference for Sunday, keeping up?

How about trying to post facts for once Heathen1984?

Actually you do your side an injustice, with Irving booked as a guest you could still win (he was excellent in the NL Pairs at Mildenhall recently), alot will depend on our choice of guest (from who is available), don't suppose you had considered that.

Funny how after the BSPA rule that the meeting should start at 3.00, all of a sudden there is a problem (that nobody ever mentioned previously) about the availability for 3.00. If this is a valid reason, please tell me why it hasn't been mentioned before. It would have saved a lot of hassle with complaints to the BSPA and bad feeling.

• Like 1

Funny how after the BSPA rule that the meeting should start at 3.00, all of a sudden there is a problem (that nobody ever mentioned previously) about the availability for 3.00. If this is a valid reason, please tell me why it hasn't been mentioned before. It would have saved a lot of hassle with complaints to the BSPA and bad feeling.

What problem?

Read the statement. If Mildenhall hadn't offered / agreed an earlier date how could there be a problem. Suspect most promotion's do not answer all third party information otherwise life would be full.

One head scratcher though why would the BSPA be involved and feel the need to make a ruling? and why would they rule @ 3 o'clock?

Now that all is out in the open and clear presumably the Dudley promotion will now apologise for listening to a third party and life can move on :rofl:

Looking forward to this fixture, should be entertaining, Dudley always bring a good level of supporters, and I dont expect there to be many that dont bother due to us starting at our normal time of 4.30pm as planned.

Roll on Sunday when we welcome the side from Dudley and the fans who do make the journey, whether that be 2 of them or 100 of them.

• Like 2

Not turning into a farce when Mildenhall are just starting at their normal time tbh.

Wouldn't you say you were trying to win at all costs by trying to move a normal start time to suit you??

I don't believe for 1 moment any home club would change their normal start time to suit an away team.

Spot on, Adz.

I can't help but wonder whether all the squawking from Dudley fans on here regarding a 3pm start is motivated by a desire to have all the riders there and have a better meeting or the fact that they have a much better chance of winning if that is the case. I suspect it is very much the latter.

The home team chooses the start time for their meetings, not the BSPA or another club. If it suits them to start at another time (for whatever reason) they can do precisely that.

• Like 1

One head scratcher though why would the BSPA be involved and feel the need to make a ruling? and why would they rule @ 3 o'clock?

The answer to No.1 is that Dudley asked them to do so. Dudley chairman Nigel Pearson: “We were then told only last week that Mildenhall would be starting at 4.30 and the club then asked the BSPA to rule on this."

The answer to No.2 is, presumably, that the BSPA have sifted the evidence and decided that the 3pm start time had been agreed and should stay. That's a very curious conclusion to reach if, as Mildenhall maintain, the time was never going to shift from 4.30pm, don't you think?

Anyway, it's all done now. On with the motley.

Not to worry-if we don't beat the fen tigers at Mildy, we'll beat them at Monmore Wood on Tuesday-that'll be the real match to watch!

Ride safe all.

I can't help but wonder whether all the squawking from Dudley fans on here regarding a 3pm start is motivated by a desire to have all the riders there and have a better meeting or the fact that they have a much better chance of winning if that is the case. I suspect it is very much the latter.

And that my friend is the truth!

The home team chooses the start time for their meetings, not the BSPA or another club. If it suits them to start at another time (for whatever reason) they can do precisely that.

Correct again!

I am still looking forward to this meeting greatly, Garrity and Irving are two exciting riders to watch and add them to the rest on show we still have a great meeting to see. I wouldn't insult Halsey, Nielsen, Jacobs, Bates and Terry-Daley by bleating on about the missing Heeps and Blackbird, but then for me it has always been club first!

Obviously Dudley supporters on here view it differently. I wonder how Bekker, Greenwood, Ritchings and W-Williams feel as they seem to almost have been dismissed with Morris and Roynon missing?

• Like 1

I am still looking forward to this meeting greatly, Garrity and Irving are two exciting riders to watch and add them to the rest on show we still have a great meeting to see. I wouldn't insult Halsey, Nielsen, Jacobs, Bates and Terry-Daley by bleating on about the missing Heeps and Blackbird, but then for me it has always been club first!

Obviously Dudley supporters on here view it differently. I wonder how Bekker, Greenwood, Ritchings and W-Williams feel as they seem to almost have been dismissed with Morris and Roynon missing?

Phil you are absolutely spot on, still fancy this to be a good meeting.

Lets hope for good weather, and a good contingent of "Speedway" Supporters wherever they are from.

• Like 1

Dismissed? What a curious interpretation. Or are you attempting to indicate that Dudley's chances of victory on Sunday are not significantly damaged by the absence of two riders averaging 20.5 between them?

Phil you are absolutely spot on, still fancy this to be a good meeting.

Lets hope for good weather, and a good contingent of "Speedway" Supporters wherever they are from.

Sadly, Kev, where the Dudley fans are right is that this meeting would unquestionably be better if it was run at 3pm (although I have little doubt that that is not their motivation for raising the issue).

The meeting would be deprived of the hugely entertaining talents of Heeps & Perry anyway, but there's nothing anyone can do about that. There's no question though, that a meeting with one guest would be infinitely preferable to one with two guests and two lots of rider replacement. If the match could be held at 3pm, it should be regardless of who gains and who loses and whether a promise was made to run at that time or not.

I fear that the decision to run at 4.30 will severely affect what should be easily Mildenhall's biggest gate of the league season, because the Dudley lot and many neutrals simply won't come (to put it into perspective, 3pm I would be choosing where I go for my speedway this weekend, 4.30 the wife can :o ). Given that consensus was on Saturday night that Mildenhall won't top the NL prior to the play offs anyway, the possible result of this match shouldn't really come into any decision on the start time.

Dismissed? What a curious interpretation. Or are you attempting to indicate that Dudley's chances of victory on Sunday are not significantly damaged by the absence of two riders averaging 20.5 between them?

Classic stuff!

Firstly your interpretation of the BSPA ruling - after 7 pages you bring us back to the same point where we started, no further forward - The BSPA "sifted the evidence, and reached a conclusion? So that presumably means a bit of paper that does not exist and a start time that turns out was never offered and could not be achieved anyway - unless of course you know otherwise which nobody from Dudley can turn up. Maybe what as fans we have come to expect from the BSPA.

Secondly which part of Phil's post goes anywhere near mentioning winning a meeting? Bit like the "evidence" you allude to it doesn't exist. Support your younger riders - as well as your Elite rider - as next year they could well be the backbone of your side.

Take a chill pill. Dudley will deservedly be Top 4 as will Mildenhall, if you are worried that you may end up facing Malcolm C Vasey's revolving Potters then maybe you have no faith in your team which seems a bit odd.

Halifax if the stadium cannot be ready then it is a non-starter, you have seen meetings at Mildenhall where the track has not been ready ( not with the current promotion ) and it has not been pretty - this promotion has set very high standards and has a professional approach across the board. I Personally don't believe that the result of what is potentially a dead rubber would sway them to affect the start time or deliberately cut out paying customers but there you go that's my opinion.

Kev

Edited by norwichkev

Classic stuff!

Firstly your interpretation of the BSPA ruling - after 7 pages you bring us back to the same point where we started, no further forward - The BSPA "sifted the evidence, and reached a conclusion? So that presumably means a bit of paper that does not exist and a start time that turns out was never offered and could not be achieved anyway - unless of course you know otherwise which nobody from Dudley can turn up. Maybe what as fans we have come to expect from the BSPA.

Secondly which part of Phil's post goes anywhere near mentioning winning a meeting? Bit like the "evidence" you allude to it doesn't exist. Support your younger riders - as well as your Elite rider - as next year they could well be the backbone of your side.

Take a chill pill. Dudley will deservedly be Top 4 as will Mildenhall, if you are worried that you may end up facing Malcolm C Vasey's revolving Potters then maybe you have no faith in your team which seems a bit odd.

Halifax if the stadium cannot be ready then it is a non-starter, you have seen meetings at Mildenhall where the track has not been ready ( not with the current promotion ) and it has not been pretty - this promotion has set very high standards and has a professional approach across the board. I Personally don't believe that the result of what is potentially a dead rubber would sway them to affect the start time or deliberately cut out paying customers but there you go that's my opinion.

Kev

Thanks for blurring the issue. Simple question: Why did the BSPA rule the way it did in the teeth of Mildenhall saying that 3pm was never an option?

Two: The upshot is that Dudley will be without two of their best riders; isn't trying to win the match largely (though not solely) the point of competitive sport? Three: Where have I indicated a lack of support for Dudley's younger riders? Four: 'Take a chill pill.' What's that about? I wouldn't regard my post as argumentative though would, of course, willingly accept that interpretation if honestly offered by others. Five: To borrow your own words, which part of my post goes anywhere near mentioning Stoke?