British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Mildenhall V The Heathens

It seems Mildenhall are trying to put back the start time of their Home meeting with The Heathens, originally it had been brought forward, due to both Mildenhall and The Heathens having riders at Leicester PL meeting later that evening, an early start would have allowed both Teams to Track their PL riders in the NL meeting.

If the fixture is allowed to revert back to a 4-30 start time, The Tigers will be without Lewis Blackbird, and The Heathens will be without Adam Roynon, Tom Perry, and Ashley Morris.

Surely a League is won on Track, with the best riders of BOTH Teams racing against each other ? it appears Mildenhall may want to win it by other means :cry: .

Edited by greyhoundp

I've never heard or seen it announced as starting as any time other than 4.30.

In the latest press release by Mildenhall:

"Meanwhile the club have also confirmed that next Sunday's top of the table clash with Dudley at West Row (19th August) will start at the usual time of 4.30pm, despite reports on the internet that the meeting was being brought forward to 3pm."

Win at all costs mildenhall then. Shame really after dudley stating couple weeks back both teams had agreed at 3 pm start.

Dudley have put in facebook this morning that mildy av reverted back to a 4.30 pm start and ddley management are voicing there objections, so dudley not happy.

This maybe a continuation of last weeks fiasco when Leicester were supposed to put their meeting back till 7.30 so Lewis could ride in both but Leicester put their meeting back on the 19th and Mildenhall brought their meeting forward last week. I don't think it is a viable option anyway really because in the end the Mildenhall meeting didn't start till 4.45 because of rain so Blackbird would have had to shoot off. So the riders being able to do 2 meetings in one day is a risky business and I'd say a non starter really especially with lenghty stoppages traffic etc........I know Darren Mallet did it once he rode for YS at Rye and then KL for the stars or something like that but the distance between the tracks is small.

I must admit I have never seen the 19th advetised as 3.00.

Edited by TMW

I cant see any reason for it, but Mildenhall need to consider the effect it will have on their gate revenue, floating supporters and supporters of other teams wont want to come and watch a meeting with Guests and RR, if the Two Teams can put out full strength Teams it will be an absolute Cracker, not much between the two Teams, and we all want to watch a close exciting Meeting, loads of Heathen Fans would be there, plus other Fans, it will be a shame to see the meeting devalued.

Edited by greyhoundp

Based on what I saw on Facebook, it was only last week's match that was due to start at an earlier time.

In the end, it started even later than normal due to track conditions.

Even if everything had gone smoothly, it is still leaving it very tight. It's a good 2 hours between the 2 tracks, and you need to take into account additional time of loading, un-loading the vans, clearing up, warming up bikes, aswell as possible traffic, etc.

Maybe last week's match was due to be a "test" to see if it was a feasible option before an official announcement was made?

Nothing official was announced here, so I'd suspect Dudley jumped the gun and are trying to shift the blame.

• Like 1

Based on what I saw on Facebook, it was only last week's match that was due to start at an earlier time.

In the end, it started even later than normal due to track conditions.

Even if everything had gone smoothly, it is still leaving it very tight. It's a good 2 hours between the 2 tracks, and you need to take into account additional time of loading, un-loading the vans, clearing up, warming up bikes, aswell as possible traffic, etc.

Maybe last week's match was due to be a "test" to see if it was a feasible option before an official announcement was made?

Nothing official was announced here, so I'd suspect Dudley jumped the gun and are trying to shift the blame.

Having sad that with Morris Blackbird and Roynon all riding in the same meeting if they didn't get there the time would have to be delayed, I imagine.

Why would Perry be missing???

Edited by TMW

I have been asked to post this by the Mildenhall promotion SO PLEASE don't shoot the messenger, I know nothing of what is going on.

- The only meeting that there was an agreement with Leicester to change was the Stoke meeting. We have not discussed with anyone changing the start time for the Dudley fixture, we do not know where these rumours started. Dudley have never spoken to us about changing the meeting start time. The meeting will be starting at 4.30pm on the 19th August -

Mildenhall will actually also be without Cameron Heeps, so it is not as one sided as being stated.

For me (and this is my personal view) it is a great pity that five top riders will miss what should be one of the fixtures of the season, but I guess that is what can happen when both teams are full of exciting young riders on the way up.Also had the weather been kinder I would have said move it to another date, but free fixtures are few and far between this season I would think (I don't know) after all the rainoffs.

• Like 1

European grasstrack for perry i think

Oh ok thanks!! I imagine on that basis he would be missing what ever time the meeting started.

From the Dudley Heathens website...

HEATHENS chiefs are to voice their objections after learning that Mildenhall have reverted back to a 4.30 start for the league clash between the sides on Sunday week, August 19.

The club were originally told it had been moved to 3pm in order to allow Mildenhall star Lewis Blackbird to also ride at Leicester at 7.30 in the Premier League.

That would also have frees Heathens aces Adam Roynon and Ashley Morris and agreement had been reached between Dudley and Workington for them to do both.

Now, it seems Heathens will be forced to go into the meeting without Roynon, Morris and Tom Perry who is in the European Grass Track Final.

Heathens are refusing to comment until they are given a reason why the change has been made.

http://www.dudleyhea....php?extend.611

The Mildenhall fixtures page was updated at 23:22 Sunday 5th August, shortly after the club's shock home defeat at the hands of Stoke. Is that a coincidence (just to update scores) or a conspiracy (to deny the Heathens a chance to use Royno/Ash)?

http://www.mildenhal...p/fixture-lists

Whatever the truth behind it the fans are the ones that miss out on seeing two top teams going at it, which is a real shame.

EDIT - It's correct to say that Tom Perry would be unavailable that day whatever the start time.

At the pairs meeting there was announcement of fixtures changes.These included the meeting vs Stoke to start at 3pm and a couple of added dates (a Saturday and a bank holiday Monday fixture iirc) no mention at all of the Dudley meeting being changed to a 3pm start