British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Mildenhall V The Heathens

I agree just av to get on with it but is crazy when people are sayin teams are evenly matched this weekend, take another look at the teams.

What a load of fuss about nothing. It's the third tier: there will be ocassions when teams have to put out weakened teams. End of story.

It's not the destination, Rob, it's the route!

And STILL nobody can answer my earlier question.if the stadium is not available until 4.30, why do Mildenhall wait until AFTER the BSPA ruled it should start at 3.00 before they make the point? If you know the answer, please tell me, but don't bother answering with a "non-answer"

Maybe you've not had an answer because your asking the wrong people ! How would the fans know I'm sure we've not privy to the inner workings of a speedway promotion, I've looked at a old programme and fold these details for you : Club secretary Nikki Lee 01638 712455 maybe you can ask Michael direct.

Halifax tiger you say:

I have helped prepare the stadium for racing many times (most often with Robert Huggins on the tractor, one of the best track curators in the business) and there's absolutely no doubt that it could be ready by 3 pm

Obviously with you vast experience of attending speedway meetings you must have been at a few(or more) that have had a delay for one reason or another would agree that riders attending two meetings within a short time is not ideal, I ask you what would happen if there was a delay of anything more that 1/2 hour ? Would riders leave early leaving the reserves to take their rides ? Is that allowed? Would the second meeting delay their start time even more? Would you advise riders to race up the motorway maybe putting lives in danger? As you can see the list is endless, and I'm sure we don't have all the answers do we !

Maybe you've not had an answer because your asking the wrong people ! How would the fans know I'm sure we've not privy to the inner workings of a speedway promotion, I've looked at a old programme and fold these details for you : Club secretary Nikki Lee 01638 712455 maybe you can ask Michael direct.

The question was posted on here in response to the vast amount of inaccuracies that people had been writing. Furthermore, giving us the contact details to get hold of the club is a complete and utter waste of time when the Mildenhall website clearly states that the meeting will start at 4.30 and no further comment will be made on the matter. Thanks for that - very helpful!!!

Obviously with you vast experience of attending speedway meetings you must have been at a few(or more) that have had a delay for one reason or another would agree that riders attending two meetings within a short time is not ideal, I ask you what would happen if there was a delay of anything more that 1/2 hour ? Would riders leave early leaving the reserves to take their rides ? Is that allowed? Would the second meeting delay their start time even more? Would you advise riders to race up the motorway maybe putting lives in danger? As you can see the list is endless, and I'm sure we don't have all the answers do we !

Can't argue with any of that :approve: ............but that hasn't been raised by either promotion as an issue :)

Edited by Halifaxtiger

The question was posted on here in response to the vast amount of inaccuracies that people had been writing. Furthermore, giving us the contact details to get hold of the club is a complete and utter waste of time when the Mildenhall website clearly states that the meeting will start at 4.30 and no further comment will be made on the matter. Thanks for that - very helpful!!!

I suspect nobody answers because you do not listen.

Answer your own question - you even provided the link:

Heathens Chairman Nigel Pearson said: “We were led to believe"

Now not a legal beagle but it doesn't appear to be far away from "Once upon a time" - not the clear cut cast iron agreement that some on here would have had us believe and if the BSPA can attempt to make a ruling involving something like that, which sounds more like it could have been a chance conversation between a couple of people over what could happen, then god help us all.

Can you change it? If not move on in life it's happened.

As for the nonsense talk about Tuesday, Mildenhall will be without Cam, will Blackbird be there who knows - but like Sunday hardly going to give a reflection of the 2 teams.

Take a balanced view of the third tier - Perry still at reserve mid August ( and not the only one ), quite within the rules as they stand - but in a league of 8 I would suggest that anybody who takes winning the National league as that pivotal in life should maybe get out more. Totally agree with the posts above, riders in this league are here to improve, great when they get Pl rides - as long as there are rules that mean NL clubs can get cover for them.

Kev

• Like 1

Nobody is answering my question because I don't listen? What does that mean? Trust me, I am listening, yet still i have not heard an answer. It is a plain and simple question that time and time again people like yourself have replied to, but not answered. And I strongly suspectt they won't because the truth of the matter is that it shows this whole sorry matter up for exactly what it is.

As for your jibe about Tom Perry being at no 7, I have 2 points to make. Firstly, it is as a result of him doubling up for Somerset that this has happened. He is still using last years average whilst the others have been recalculated. Dudley have no option but to drop him to no 7 thanks to the stupid rules that are in place. Perhaps rather than me getting out more, you should get your facts straight.

Secondly, do you for one minute think that there is anybody within the Dudley management or fan base that actually wants to see Tom at no 7? Unlike other similar situations (Stoke comes to mind) it does Dudley absolutely no favours whatsoever. Whereas Tom was.regularly beating opposing teams het leaders, whoever rides at no 3 for us now won't find it so easy. Not to mention when he is unavailable, he can only be replaced with an unattached 3 pointer. Your lack of the facts speaks volumes.

'I'm not happy about it, but I can't be bothered to argue you about it, so we'll agree to disagree and move on from it'

How long til y'all post that? ;)

'I'm not happy about it, but I can't be bothered to argue you about it, so we'll agree to disagree and move on from it'

How long til y'all post that? ;)

I'm happy

Edited by fentigers79

Take a balanced view of the third tier - Perry still at reserve mid August ( and not the only one ), quite within the rules as they stand - but in a league of 8 I would suggest that anybody who takes winning the National league as that pivotal in life should maybe get out more.

Kev

Ah, drat, the master plan to send Perry to Somerset, ensure his matches clash and get him into the reserve berth for the Mildenhall fixtures is uncovered. And they would have got away with it if it hadn't been for that meddling kev... ;)

• Like 1

villiers210 - fentigers79 has kindly posted the promotion contact details for you.

You have a question ask them, how can any supporters on here answer your question?

I think this is a case where you have a question and an answer already, and even if someone did try and answer you wouldn't be satified unless it agreed with your view.

Surely it's time to move on, Sunday is nearly here, weather looks ok, lets enjoy the meeting with everyone coming through unscathed and hopefully, fingers crossed, look forward to meeting in the KO Cup final and Play Off Final (although I am sure Stoke will have something to say about that :wink: ) in Ocotber!

Ah, drat, the master plan to send Perry to Somerset, ensure his matches clash and get him into the reserve berth for the Mildenhall fixtures is uncovered. And they would have got away with it if it hadn't been for that meddling kev... ;)

LOL, nothing gets past me :D

Right, I think everyone has had their say now and the thread is just going around in circles. The meeting goes ahead at 16:30 on Sunday with the teams to be confirmed and no amount of arguing on here will change anything. So before it gets out of hand I'm going to lock this thread and set up a new one. It will be strictly for discussion about the on-track action so please respect that from the outset. Cheers everyone. :)

• Like 1