British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dudleywood4eva

Most Exciting Riders From The 80's And 90's

As much as i admire the riding ability of Todd Wiltshire and how he come back to the sport i would not class him as exciting to watch he was a brilliant gater labelled 'the fastest alive over the first 35' at Wimbledon.

For pure excitement on a bike it had to be Mark Loram, never was there a guy who continually missed the gate and had to pass rivals. Not only did he pass people he was clean and never hard or dirty.

As much as i admire the riding ability of Todd Wiltshire and how he come back to the sport i would not class him as exciting to watch he was a brilliant gater labelled 'the fastest alive over the first 35' at Wimbledon.

For pure excitement on a bike it had to be Mark Loram, never was there a guy who continually missed the gate and had to pass rivals. Not only did he pass people he was clean and never hard or dirty.

At Wimbledon traditionally they removed a riders ability to gate, so asto make the racing more exciting. So a rider who could gate was exciting, :rofl:

Todd Wiltshire(Wimbledon) he could gate and chase down and get past rivals(sometimes) and those White Leathers just marked out a guy who was going somewhere though he didn't quite achieve his potential.

Er, World No 3, three-time World Cup champion with Australia, 1999 Inter-Contintental Champion, twice eighth in the GP series (second at Cardiff in 2002), and top-flight league championships with Reading and Oxford.

Without injuries, Todd would have won even more, but he still did rather well. :wink:

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

In the British League:

Chris Morton, Shawn Moran, Peter Collins, Andy Smith, Jan O Pedersen, Sam Ermolenko, Mark Loram

In the National League:

Richard Green, Alan Mogridge, Martin Goodwin, Les Collins, Thierry Hilaire (remember him?)

During his stay at Rye House Martin Goodwin was without doubt the most exciting rider I saw at the time.

I always enjoyed watching Trevor O'Brien at Rye House. At Wimbledon it was Roger Johns, with an honourable mention for Nathan Simpson.

Lucifer Sam (Rob) i wasnt trying to mark down Wiltshires achievements he was a fantastic rider with greta ability and a thoroughly nice guy who without injuries could have done more, but i wouldnt put him near a list of say the 20 most exciting riders. i appreciate you being an oxford fan you would have seen him more than me but its just my opinion