British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Wpa Healthcare Trophy

Think you will find that Chris Simpson was not an Islander but was in fact one of the Two first ever signings, along with Barry Bishop for the Isle of Wight Wizzards back in the middle nineties when George Major was team manager. Good memories of those days travelling down every week from Stoke on Trent to race on a fantastic track with very friendly supporters. Possibly correct though about the weight issue!!

Indeed MOG I stand corrected and my only excuses for forgetting the original Wizzards nickname are that it WAS a long time ago now, a late night coupled with an early morning start today and, of course, my advancing years! :wink:

Something for you to decide - is Chris S BikerFM's modern day answer to Chubby Checker? :P

Very good question Bryn. I think that i will pass on answering that question as Chris lives a lot closer to me than you and you have the protection of a :moat: around the island that I am not afforded in Stoke against any reprisals regarding the size of this superstar !! :cheers: