British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Leicester V Workington (koc) 19/08/12

look who is coming to town on sunday, ITS WORKINGTON.LOL.

Nice try..............Now back to topic

I'm probably one of the few who can see the arguments from both sides probably because I don't favour one or the other i just enjoy what BP has provided so far and I am grateful to those who brought it back all of those no exeptions.

The promotion - the campaigners - the volunteers who also made it happen (my husband being one of them)even........The riders who took a punt on a new set up.

Edited by TMW

If your talking Sam, if you had any business dealings with him, you would have off-loaded him too and very quickly. This is known.

If you want to be talking sponsorship, which team has the biggest team sponsorship in the Premier League? And the third biggest in the sport.

The above two lines again demonstate that your constant attacks on Leicester and Hemsley do not in any way have any bases in actual fact.

I disagree about what you say about sam as would a number of people.

So tell me and others who IS to blame about getting the track so wrong from a fresh canvas ? why wasnt it changed last winter, simple question.

Not constant attacks at all, just a paying fans opinion and i am not alone in having these views either.

why wasnt it changed last winter, simple question

I think it was because a previous team manager and a previous track curator got together and talked the promotion into the idea that if he changed the then track curator they could improve the track and gain home track advantage without having to make the alterations. Genius. Sometimes, you'd have to agree, it seems hemsley appears to listen too much.

Edited by volty

I disagree about what you say about sam as would a number of people.

So tell me and others who IS to blame about getting the track so wrong from a fresh canvas ? why wasnt it changed last winter, simple question.

Not constant attacks at all, just a paying fans opinion and i am not alone in having these views either.

Firstly, can anyone, truely, shine light on who went for the design thats in place at the moment? I honestly don`t know that as the original designs were chopped and changed so often at the start - as would be the case in any projcet of this size.

Its now pretty clear, as confirmed by Volty above, that changes were put off for this season due to other personnel, some no longer involved.

What is clear Robert 72, is that Hemsley has listened, and is changing it this winter. Will you be happy with that? Yes or no?

What is clear Robert 72, is that Hemsley has listened, and is changing it this winter. Will you be happy with that? Yes or no?

Come on Robert,the silence is deafening.

Firstly, can anyone, truely, shine light on who went for the design thats in place at the moment? I honestly don`t know that as the original designs were chopped and changed so often at the start - as would be the case in any projcet of this size.

Its now pretty clear, as confirmed by Volty above, that changes were put off for this season due to other personnel, some no longer involved.

Of course it would be nice to see the track changed at last but what a price to pay when the club have lost so many fans that may never return because he didnt do it before then.

Home fans are bored now with the lack of passing and have put up with it long enough,sadly he put riders first over fans, not a good way to promote leicester speedway and its future.

Of course it would be nice to see the track changed at last but what a price to pay when the club have lost so many fans that may never return because he didnt do it before then.

Home fans are bored now with the lack of passing and have put up with it long enough,sadly he put riders first over fans, not a good way to promote leicester speedway and its future.

The answer then is that he is not happy.

team lost at home last week

track changes were happening end of last season he told fans.

Crowds dropping fast including hardcore fans

not as dandy as you think

Once again, it was Glyn on this forum that said the track was being changed last season. Nothing officially came from the club!

If he listened then leicester would of been in a far better state than it is now. You mentioned change of team manager and presenter, lions have a part time team manager and part time tractor driver on race nights, is this a good thing ? No You mention change of presenter, didnt popple move off the center green because of constant verbal attacks from people, you would of thought hemsley would of said something to defend him, didnt the guy do it for free?

Leicester speedway could and should be so much better and as much as the return was good it has been ruined by one man who doesnt know how to run it and wont except advice from those who have years of experience including a world champion that could of made leicester a place to be proud of and possibly attract bigger sponsors and support from afar.

How many people would be happy for sky to film speedway there?

The Premier League would not survive without volunteers and part timers such as Rob, Chris and Glyn. Last season "fans" wanted Chris Popple to take over the presenters role with Rob in the box. DH did as these people wanted. Chris is still involved with the club even though he is not presenting now - hardly getting the sack is it.

Incidently, I reported earlier in the season on this forum that I had complained in writing to DH about the poor racing. He sent me a reply. Some others who claimed to have written said that they received no reply was received - was it because of the tone of the letters?

I have spoken to DH on his regular tours of the terracing and he appears amenable and is willing to discuss points made to him. I am neither friend or foe, I am a speedway supporter who likes fair play.

Edited by Fanmale

team lost at home last week

track changes were happening end of last season he told fans.

Crowds dropping fast including hardcore fans

not as dandy as you think

1 home defeat after 11 consecutive home wins so the trend is great.

Track changes were NEVER put in writing by promotion, THIS TIME is the FIRST TIME the promotion has put them in writing, so will happen.

Crowds are NOT dropping fast. They are steady at a level that most tracks would 'die for'.

1 home defeat after 11 consecutive home wins so the trend is great.

Track changes were NEVER put in writing by promotion, THIS TIME is the FIRST TIME the promotion has put them in writing, so will happen.

Crowds are NOT dropping fast. They are steady at a level that most tracks would 'die for'.

The trend as you say is great , however I am reliably informed from other sources that the crowds have levelled at what was expected by those who have a realistic view and are certainly not what would be considered' to die for ' almost all tracks open to large crowds which then wane over the first few seasons and Leicester are no differrent 1.100 paying customers is about average for PL and thats how many they are getting when everything is marvelous brigade claim they have crowds to die for , theres actually more people in the bar at monmore green for a Dudley match than that

The trend as you say is great , however I am reliably informed from other sources that the crowds have levelled at what was expected by those who have a realistic view and are certainly not what would be considered' to die for ' almost all tracks open to large crowds which then wane over the first few seasons and Leicester are no differrent 1.100 paying customers is about average for PL and thats how many they are getting when everything is marvelous brigade claim they have crowds to die for , theres actually more people in the bar at monmore green for a Dudley match than that

Another dig from the everything is crap brigade.

And yours and and the band of two's continual agenda driven digs will only serve to attempt to turn people away .

But then you and the band of 2 won't be happy until you have driven speedway out of Leicester again to achieve your agenda's

And yours and and the band of two's continual agenda driven digs will only serve to attempt to turn people away .

But then you and the band of 2 won't be happy until you have driven speedway out of Leicester again to achieve your agenda's

Some people do not deserve a speedway track, problem is they were probs never around in the days of Boulger, Titman, Wilson, Teromma etc so never got to miss it like those fans have. An earlier post pointed out the attitude of the Cradley fans, the so called Lions fans could do well to learn from them :neutral:

• Like 1

just thought i would let you kno, that. WORKINGTON ARE THE PAIRS WINNERS IN 2012 .where did ippo finish. :rofl:

Edited by jenga

Some people do not deserve a speedway track, problem is they were probs never around in the days of Boulger, Titman, Wilson, Teromma etc so never got to miss it like those fans have. An earlier post pointed out the attitude of the Cradley fans, the so called Lions fans could do well to learn from them :neutral:

There were always problems its just that there was no Internet, no social media, so fans knew nothing about the goings on.

Fans know a thousand times more inside info than they ever did in the past and have more interaction with Promoters than ever before . Most embrace that access positively but the few who abuse that access are just not happy unless they are destructive & don't care if they destroy everyone else's pleasure to achieve their selfish aims

Edited by hurricanes

An earlier post pointed out the attitude of the Cradley fans, the so called Lions fans could do well to learn from them :neutral:

Is this the attitude you want that Michael Lee was referring to at Mildenhall last Sunday? "Offensive and pathetic behaviour." "Quite a few were drunk when they arrived at the track and they quickly got a lot worse." "It wasn't banter, it was nasty horrible stuff. The language was appalling and a lot of Mildenhall fans had to move to take their children away from it." Think I'd prefer the Leicester fans to stay as they are thanks as they are regularly classed as being nice and friendly.