British Speedway Forum

Depends on a few things ...... what they finish on as we still have one match to ride and also what restrictions ae put on team building strengths next season ..... ie points limit, 8+ riders etc

At present we have ...

8.80 Tai Woffinden

8.68 Fredrik Lindgren

5.79 Ricky Wells

5.68 Nicolai Klindt

5.53 Ty Proctor

3.15 Pontus Aspgren

3.00 Jacob Thorssell

So signing the six you mention using a 41 point limit eaves you just 6.05 ...... Miskowiak is 6.07 !!!

Personally I think the limit may be raised to 42 next season and Mikkel Michelsen will be at reserve on a 4.00 average which would mean only one from Pontus and Jacob would be back ..... unless they double up together !!!

8.80 Tai Woffinden

8.68 Fredrik Lindgren

5.79 Ricky Wells / Ty Proctor

4.00 Mikkel Michelsen

3.15 Pontus Aspgren / Jacob Thorssell

That would leave 10.58 (41) or 11.58 (42) for the last two places

sadly already out of the equation is Jacob Thorssell at #7 and PK at #4

one good option however would be Scott Nicholls along with either another 4.00 rider (Kling/Ludvig) or Jacob Thorssell

personally I would rather see ..... Woffinden, Lindgren, Wells/Proctor, Klindt, ............, Michelsen, Thorssell

In the gap ideally would be Dudek or Zmarzlik 5.00 ..... however Stuart Robson / Daniel Nermark doubling up o Patrick Hougaard would be decent options.

Yes there would be riders that never had great 2012 seasons, but we all know they can do better so rather than potential it more a case of belief they can get back to what they were ..... better

Oh really

Another of tnts prediction threads in which he will link every rider holding a speedway license to Wolves!!

• Like 1

Would like to see Mikkel Michelsen or Anton Rosen at reserve if possible, as riders like Mikkel Bech, Dudek etc are unlikely to come over.

Lindgren will be nailed on as he has his testimonial in 2013 doesn't he ?

Proctor will be back due to family ties with CVS

Wells should be back as he's been the best of the team outside of the top 2 all season but can see Cov trying to use him next year or Wolves will have to buy him. However Ricky has said many times he wants to ride for Wolves next year.

Klindt shouldn't be anywhere near the team next year hopefully

Will Tai be in the team next year ? i'm not too sure

Out of Jacob and Pontus i'd prefer to see them share a double up role together

Harris is meant to be due a testimonial but that doesnt make him nailed on. Hope freddie stays with wolves though & harris with cov. X

Will Tai be in the team next year ? i'm not too sure

I am.

Harris is meant to be due a testimonial but that doesnt make him nailed on. Hope freddie stays with wolves though & harris with cov. X

The difference however is that Freddie has always been at Wolves , unlike Bomber.

I wouldn't be opposed to loaning Tai for a year. Nothing against him just would give a more balanced and less decimation if he or Freddie is hurt and R/R simply not good cover. I think he would come back a much better rider and #1 should Freddie decide not to do EL after his testimonial year.

As much as I despise Tai, his average has been going up each year to the point where he is now higher than Lindgren, and Lindgrens average is on the decline now.

Id keep Tai over Lindgren.

That said I do NOT think Tai is ready for the GP series.

As much as I despise Tai, his average has been going up each year to the point where he is now higher than Lindgren, and Lindgrens average is on the decline now.

Id keep Tai over Lindgren.

That said I do NOT think Tai is ready for the GP series.

Correct. Tai certainly has shown this season he can mix it and more consistently.

As far as the GP`s go, he wont do any worse than Bomber and if a Brit is to be wild carded then i would say he is nailed on for a place.

2012: Lindgren - 9.21 + Woffinden 8.52 = 17.73

2013: Lindgren - 8.65 + Woffinden 8.80 = 17.45

Gives Wolves something to play with but the 3rd heat leader role is crucial for them, Klindt is not very good and Proctor has been a 2nd string for most of his life and doesn't look like moving forward.

Options:

1. Leon Madsen - 6.10

2. Robert Miskowiak - 5.81

Not sure how anyone can `despise` woffinden, but each to their own. I rate him highly but for me, another season and, riding in the number one berth, would be beneficial. Scott nicholls would probably like to think he was a better option as a british wildcard. I'd be surprised if there is a place for a brit next season though.

Another of tnts prediction threads in which he will link every rider holding a speedway license to Wolves!!

Someone asked a question ..... I answered it

I have given examples of what was left but it doesnt say that they WILL be the riders coming in.

As far as I can see, I would say the definate / most likely starters for Wolves next season are .... Tai Woffinden, Fredrik Lindgren,Ricky Wells, Mikkel Michelsen and Jacob Thorssell / Pontus Aspgren ..... who the other two places go to are very much depending on what happens at the AGM as to which way the team will go in my opinion.

T Proctor could well feature .... possibly doubling up with Ricky Wells

I just dont see how you can call Michelsen a probable Wolves rider for 2013 on the basis he is riding in an end of season open meeting.

He may well line up for you but he is just as likely to join any other team (maybe not BV :lol: ) at this stage.

Or have I missed something?

I just dont see how you can call Michelsen a probable Wolves rider for 2013 on the basis he is riding in an end of season open meeting.

He may well line up for you but he is just as likely to join any other team (maybe not BV :lol: ) at this stage.

Or have I missed something?

Probably putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a probable 4.

What we do know is that CVS is on record having signed 2 `unknown` up and coming riders from abroad mid way in the season.

If one of them is Michelsen then he appears to be a rising star and i would be delighted (saying that i was delighted when we signed the highly talent Pole Sowka).