British Speedway Forum

Because he's not good enough?
Ricky Wells in the ELRC :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Serious TNT?

I don't know why Jepsen Jensen is in it as Ulamek has a higher average but It's probably down to the fact that MJJ is actually a world class rider.

Back in the day when here were 16 riders lining up all from different teams, if a rider was missing then the next in line from that team took their place. .......... Obviousdly now they take one from each team and the best 5 of the rest regardless of team.

MJJ is obviously in because Sundstrom 7.87, Sullivan 7.72 and Buczkowski 6.55 are not available and Panthers have to have one rider to represent them.

As or not being good enough ...... MJJ 6.54 ..... Simon Gustafsson 6.44 ...... Ricky has actually averaged 6.30 (7.06) in 2012

Edited by T.N.T.

ps: I don't expect a reply because the stats clearly show Michael Jepsen Jensen is a better rider than Freddie Lindgren.

And the stats are that MJJ isnt good enough to qualify from the GP Challenge or be good enough to get a wild card, compared to the World Number 7.

Answer given.

Good news for wolvesfans that freddie is back in 2013. Hopefully he will also get a testimonial

I would imagine that is why its been announced so early. Fully deserved from one of the best EL riders of the past 10 seasons.

Sounds like he has got the hump and won't be back next year. All is not lost though because I win the bet with Stevebrum. Sorry Steve - just put the £100 direct into my bank account.

Yea of course, gossip means i lose my bet. Let`s just wait until an announcement is made. :approve:

MJJ's average is 6.67 and his average including bonus points is 7.41.

That is a world class average of course. :rofl: :rofl:

And the stats are that MJJ isnt good enough to qualify from the GP Challenge or be good enough to get a wild card, compared to the World Number 7.

Answer given.

That is a world class average of course. :rofl: :rofl:

Desperately clutching at straws Steve.

Nice to see Lindgren doing well and representing the Wolverhampton Wolves in the ELRC tonight.

Fantastic commitment from the World Number 7.

Looking as awful as the world class MJJ at the GP Challenge.

Looking as awful as the world class MJJ at the GP Challenge.

Could be a question on a quiz show you know the one pointless.

Great to have Freddie confirmed for next year so early and with Ricky getting Rider of the Year, he is expected to join up as soon as possible too.

What the rest of the team will be looks to depend on what happens with SKY SPORTS coverae of the sport. Wihout their financial support it would be vituay impossible now to have a competative Elite League as many tracks now depend on that money to keep the heads above water.

Without SKY it would look like there could be an option of 24 teams entering a British League which would be split into two groups of 12. This only creates 11 home matches but with a KO Cup starting with 4 groups of 6 giving 5 more home matches and the 4 groups winners making the semi finals then there would be 16 home matches at least.

Points limit would have to be set at a level where current PL teams could slightly strenghen up with a 6+ EL rider ...... so each team having something like a 33 point EL limit which means Wolves would have virtually the same team as the one that finished the season but with Tai replaced by Ashley Morris and Nicolai replaced by Joe Haines.

8.68 Fredrik Lindgren

5.79 Ricky Wells

5.53 Ty Proctor

3.36 Joe Haines

3.15 Pontus Aspgren

3.00 Jacob Thorssell

3.00 Ashley Morris

It may not look too attractive to EL fans but it woul mean the sport survives and a more varied fixture list with less repetative teams in.

Thats only an option if SKY pull out.

There wont be the money around to carry on the Elite League as it is now and the 33 limit (example only) would be for 24 teams.

You may even get to see MJJ ride ...... when Poole visit anyway ;)

MJJ turned down Poole before and he would do it again, Panthers legend, on the rare occasions when he turned up.

Edited for accuracy.

Interesting article in Birmingham Sunday Murcury today saying Tai may opt out of a league racing somwhere next year now I,ll doubt that will be Poland so it be a choice of England or Sweden hmmm wonder which one :shock:

Don't worry, Tai doesn't look like he s the only one thinking that way.

IF ..... and notice the IF ..... If SKY do pull out of league racing, its unlikely you will see Chris Holder and/or Darcy Ward ride here without the money put into the sport ..... maybe Iversen will be thinking the same ?

In a 24 team British League ..... there will be very few 8+ riders over here at the start.