British Speedway Forum

Steps back in amazement!!! Woffinden confirmed, leaving 4.13 for the final place.

God no not that bloody Aussie Woffinden who could of thought Wolverhampton would announce him I must admit I am gobsmacked going to take me at least an hour to digest this news completely.

Have to say that I'm a bit 50/50 with the announced team for 2013.

On the plus side I like all si riders named so far and are pleased they will be at Monmore Green every week andhopefully should make it more daunting trip for away teams than in recent seasons. It used to be a last heat decider to see if the opposition can get a single league point but in the last two seasons its been more to see if w can get the win or stop them getting four !! ... This team should be 50+ most weeks.

On the down side I was hoping to see one or two NEW faces, especially a stronger reserve with Jacob like Stuart Robson, Patrick Hougaard or even Ty Proctor at #6 ...... the other would have been a rider like Ed Kennett, Lewis Bridger or even Robert Miskowiak in the middle order.

Overall it's not a bad team and if they can get 40/42 points at home and pick up some points away (maybe even a win !!!) then we could get into the play offs. ..... I just hope that if we have any room for improving during the season then we take it and get stronger as the season goes on.

Ricky Wells - In talks with Sheffield (Thursdays)

Ty Proctor - at Plymouth (Fridays)

Hope we dont get a Thursday meeting when Plymouth are at Sheffield or a Friday meeting when Sheffield are at Plymouth.

As for the last signing ...... Matej Kus (Redar) ? .... Ludvig Lindgren (Newcastle) ? ...... maybe this will be decided once the fixtures are looked at to see who can ride the most meetings. ..... Can't see Ty Proctor doing the Good Friday meetng at Kirky Lane this year. (Josh Auty or Ricky Ashworth as guest)

Edited by T.N.T.

Steps back in amazement!!! Woffinden confirmed, leaving 4.13 for the final place.

Thats another year closer to his ten year testimonial isnt it Gemini?! :t:

Welcome back to Tai, Ty and Ricky. Makes that final place vital.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

Have to say that I'm a bit 50/50 with the announced team for 2013.

On the plus side I like all si riders named so far and are pleased they will be at Monmore Green every week andhopefully should make it more daunting trip for away teams than in recent seasons. It used to be a last heat decider to see if the opposition can get a single league point but in the last two seasons its been more to see if w can get the win or stop them getting four !! ... This team should be 50+ most weeks.

On the down side I was hoping to see one or two NEW faces, especially a stronger reserve with Jacob like Stuart Robson, Patrick Hougaard or even Ty Proctor at #6 ...... the other would have been a rider like Ed Kennett, Lewis Bridger or even Robert Miskowiak in the middle order.

Overall it's not a bad team and if they can get 40/42 points at home and pick up some points away (maybe even a win !!!) then we could get into the play offs. ..... I just hope that if we have any room for improving during the season then we take it and get stronger as the season goes on.

Ricky Wells - In talks with Sheffield (Thursdays)

Ty Proctor - at Plymouth (Fridays)

Hope we dont get a Thursday meeting when Plymouth are at Sheffield or a Friday meeting when Sheffield are at Plymouth.

As for the last signing ...... Matej Kus (Redar) ? .... Ludvig Lindgren (Newcastle) ? ...... maybe this will be decided once the fixtures are looked at to see who can ride the most meetings. ..... Can't see Ty Proctor doing the Good Friday meetng at Kirky Lane this year. (Josh Auty or Ricky Ashworth as guest)

If you need a guest for Proctor at Peterborough on a friday and Auty is available, he is your man,the track certainly seems to suit his style.

Thats another year closer to his ten year testimonial isnt it Gemini?! :t:

Welcome back to Tai, Ty and Ricky. Makes that final place vital.

Just so I can keep a record how many seasons will it be next year? I DO hope I can keep going long enough to see the end result and who was right. :D

• Like 1

Just so I can keep a record how many seasons will it be next year? I DO hope I can keep going long enough to see the end result and who was right. :D

Signed as an asset in 2006. First full season in 2009 - next will be his 5th full EL season. :t:

If you need a guest for Proctor at Peterborough on a friday and Auty is available, he is your man,the track certainly seems to suit his style.

Except Auty rides for a friday team.

Signed as an asset in 2006. First full season in 2009 - next will be his 5th full EL season. :t:

Still only halfway then. If I'm not around in five years time rest assured I will definitely come back and haunt you if you're right. :lol:

• Like 3

Would Billy Janniro's average fit?

Doubt it, or his readiness to come back to the UK.

So we have 4.13 left for one place ...... Matej Kus, Ludvig Lindgren and Sam Masters could double up ..... but what about getting a full time reserve ?

Vaclav Milik is a 19 year old Chezch Republic rider who won the National Title ahead of Lukas Dryml and Matej Kus and was in the World U21's ..... Would he still be a 4.00 rider as he has hardly ridden in Denmark, Sweden or Poland ?

Justin Sedgeman isn't signed up and it may be better having a reserve that can make every meeting