British Speedway Forum

Birmingham are going to finish top and will get to pick who they want in the semi final.

Swindon and Wolves are safe while Lakeside, Poole and Peterborough battle it out for the last spot. If Poole win at Belle Vue, then they will go through. If they fail, Panthers should make it by winning their two remaining home matches.

Not too sure how long Covatti is out for, but he has an average much the same as Jacob's so Wolves need to plan in advance to get the right guest for the right track.

Rohan Tungate has a PL average lower than 7.35 but has an EL average above Jacob's 4.41. This is the same with Ulrich Ostergaard, Aaron Summers. In the other direction, Kozza Smith has a PL average slightly too high but his EL; average is well under Jacobs average.

Which average is used ? ...... Can Wolves use Summers ? ..... Can we use Smith ?

We know we an use Nicolai Klindt and think he may be used in most matches. ....... unless Brumies book him !!

Ruddy hell TNT! I was feeling a bit more positive after last night's unexpected win. Then you point out that we'll need to look carefully at booking guests as others, probably Birmingham, may be looking at the same ones. That would require forward planning on the behalf of the promotion. Oh lordy :D

He was well enough to fly home last week but still has a long road ahead. Has a metal rod in his back I believe.

2013 FINAL ROLLING AVERAGES

9.20 Tai Woffinden

8.94 Fredrik Lindgren

6.14 Adam Skornicki

5.78 Ty Proctor

5.35 Ricky Wells

5.11 Robert Miskowiak

4.61 Jacob Thorssell

4.48 Ludvig Lindgren

2013 ONLY AVERAGES

9.25 - 9.93 ... Tai Woffinden

8.78 - 9.59 ... Fredrik Lindgren

6.92 - 8.76 ... Ty Proctor

6.24 - 6.80 ... Adam Skornicki

5.23 - 5.95 ... Ricky Wells

4.67 - 5.51 ... Jacob Thorssell

4.49 - 5.34 ... Ludvig Lindgren

2.33 - 2.67 ... Robert Miskowiak

The Averages for just 2013 matches shows how much Wolves went off the pace once Ty Proctor was injured as he was never truly replaced and while R/R was ok in some meetings, Wolves really needed a top class replacement like Peter Ljung, Mikkel Michelsen or Daniel Nermark if they were to carry on leading the table and in the end, Robert Miskowiak was a real disapointment.

It has been a decent season for Wolves but what started like a bullet out of a gun has ended a fly stuck in a spiders web. You know the end is about to come but there is no escape until you are finally put out of your misery. In a way, the season however kept some of it's optimisum going partly because of the heights that were being reached by Tai Woffinden in the GP Series and now in the space of the next few days we will see the Spider lurking from around the corner while a battered and bruised (and broken) Tai finishes off his remarkable season with the World Title.

So it's virtually time to start looking towards 2014 for Wolves unless we somehow pull off a miracle at Perry Barr but sadly next season looks to be a different ball game and by all accounts it's very unlikely any EL track will be able to field two big names in the same team. At least we should see the return of Ty Proctor fully fit and possibly the return of former Wolves riders, Nicolai Klindt and Pontus Aspgren along with Wolves asset, Ashley Morris in a possible scaled down league that is more financially viable to run with more official meetings.

TNT - newsflash for you.

Wolves season is not yet over.

Tai Woffinden is not yet World Champion.

Both events are likely, but you assume both are 100% certainties in this post.

As much as we rail against Fat Maud when the time comes he makes decisions, pushes the rules to the edge of the envelope and, when the moment presents itself, gets the chequebook out. They are in the final, Wolves aren't. We plod along, looking no further than the end of our own asset base, doing it on the cheap, dithering and living on past glories. In the final analysis it would probably have made no difference but missing out on Michelsen said more about CVS & Adams's attitude to their paying customers than on track results ever could. Yesterday's men.

• Like 1

It's time we got in a team manager who can actually make some tactical decisions to aid us in the meetings.

It is absolutely staggering bad management the way he handled our reserves across these two legs. Once again tonight, as in the home leg, Klindt was winning races for fun from the outside gates and awful from the inside. Once again, our genius of a manager DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to take advantage of that, waiting until the final races of the meeting when we had already lost to do something.

However.. I must add in defence of the team, in the main they did their jobs. The reality is we had guests who scored 5 pts and 2pts for the Worlds No 1 rider respectively. NO team and I mean NO team would cover for that. With Tai, we would have won, and with some ease. It's as simple as that.

• Like 2

It's time we got in a team manager who can actually make some tactical decisions to aid us in the meetings.

It is absolutely staggering bad management the way he handled our reserves across these two legs. Once again tonight, as in the home leg, Klindt was winning races for fun from the outside gates and awful from the inside. Once again, our genius of a manager DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to take advantage of that, waiting until the final races of the meeting when we had already lost to do something.

However.. I must add in defence of the team, in the main they did their jobs. The reality is we had guests who scored 5 pts and 2pts for the Worlds No 1 rider respectively. NO team and I mean NO team would cover for that. With Tai, we would have won, and with some ease. It's as simple as that.

The injuries have killed us, no question. Others always seem to handle them better though :unsure: As for Adams, you've said it all.

The injuries have killed us, no question. Others always seem to handle them better though :unsure: As for Adams, you've said it all.

I agree, but we couldn't do anything about the last one (Woffy).

Two circumstances that also didn't help us following Tai's absence were Poole making the playoffs and PK getting injured. Darcy Ward or PK would have fared better than NKI and Cook I think

• Like 2

Two circumstances that also didn't help us following Tai's absence were Poole making the playoffs and PK getting injured. Darcy Ward or PK would have fared better than NKI and Cook I think

They would.. but would either have actually been picked ahead of NKI? Darcy maybe..

NKI was the rider everyone wanted, it just didn't happen for him on the night. Cook.. that was desperate.

My post states that the Spider is lurking around the corner waiting to finish of its prey. That does not say it's over ...... yet

The reality is we had guests who scored 5 pts and 2pts for the Worlds No 1 rider respectively.

NEWSFLASH ..... While Tai MAY be World #1 after the weekend, he isn't yet .... you are posting that this is fact when it hasn't been proved .... yet ;)

NEWSFLASH ..... While Tai MAY be World #1 after the weekend, he isn't yet .... you are posting that this is fact when it hasn't been proved .... yet ;)

To be fair, the post states World's number one rider which, as he's a good few points clear at the top of the World championships, he is currently surely?

They would.. but would either have actually been picked ahead of NKI? Darcy maybe..

NKI was the rider everyone wanted, it just didn't happen for him on the night. Cook.. that was desperate.

I don't know but you can't argue that the two events didn't limit our options and given our management's liking for tried and trusted PK would have been in with a shout!

My post states that the Spider is lurking around the corner waiting to finish of its prey. That does not say it's over ...... yet

He is currently the Worlds No 1 rider. After the weekend he will hopefully be World Champion. Hence my wording :)

To be fair, the post states World's number one rider which, as he's a good few points clear at the top of the World championships, he is currently surely?

I don't know but you can't argue that the two events didn't limit our options and given our management's liking for tried and trusted PK would have been in with a shout!

Very true. If only as it would have been very very different.

Time CVS & Adams moved over and let someone with a bit of know run the team maybe Sam or PK they would know how to get the riders going.