British Speedway Forum

Oops :D

I can see Lanham possibly being a Rocket next season. Odds on he won't be back at Ipswich and Len likes him.

His average is only going one way. Last resort as far as I'm concerned which probably means he's a dead cert.

Averages staying roughly where they are now and if Nelson does actually return, I can imagine us lining up something like this next season:

1. Gjedde

2. Bunyan

3. Mellgren

4. Nelson

5. An Other (7-8ish)

6. Nielsen

7. Garrity

That line up would take some stopping, improvement in Mellgren, Nelson, Nielsen and Garrity. Two strong reserves at all times with Gjedde and the other potential heatleader being able to lead from the front.

If, as I suspect, we don't see Tyson again then I can see Kling and Lanham take the last two slots realistically. I'd like to see Josh Grajczonek as a Rocket, especially after yesterday's performance. Whether he could fill a slot I don't know.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Edward Kennett back as number one next season.

What would a 6.85 EL average equate to in the PL?

I suppose you mean Coventry's number one.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Edward Kennett back as number one next season.

I can smell something remarkably like cow poo.

given some of his recent "performances" he won't be 6.85 by the end of the season

Perhaps he's getting his average low enough to race in the National League next year. His confidence must be shot to pieces after his enforced time out of speedway.

Dudley will need someone to replace Adam Roynon.

• Like 1

What would a 6.85 EL average equate to in the PL?

I suppose you mean Coventry's number one.

To work out an EL>PL average, DIVIDE the EL figure by 0.6 (for PL>EL, MULTIPLY the PL figure by 0.6)

As things stand Kennett would start 2013 on a PL average of 11.42. I imagine he will start really attracting PL clubs if he can drop down on sub 9.75 (an EL average of 5.85-).

Unless Kennett does drop a point off his average between now and the end of the season, how about Oliver Allen for Rye? Surely worth 9.62 if (and I know it's a big IF) he can stay injury free?

Rye House 2013

1. Oliver Allen 9.62

2. Kasper Nielsen 5.54 (based on current average after 3 meetings)

3. Anders Mellgren 6.46

4. Ricky Kling 6.55

5. Leigh Lanham 6.79

6. Ben Morley 3.00

7. Jason Garrity 4.46 (2.5% National League British reduction?)

JT.

Edited by JT

To work out an EL>PL average, DIVIDE the EL figure by 0.6 (for PL>EL, MULTIPLY the PL figure by 0.6)

As things stand Kennett would start 2013 on a PL average of 11.42. I imagine he will start really attracting PL clubs if he can drop down on sub 9.75 (an EL average of 5.85-).

Unless Kennett does drop a point off his average between now and the end of the season, how about Oliver Allen for Rye? Surely worth 9.62 if (and I know it's a big IF) he can stay injury free?

Rye House 2013

1. Oliver Allen 9.62

2. Kasper Nielsen 5.54 (based on current average after 3 meetings)

3. Anders Mellgren 6.46

4. Ricky Kling 6.55

5. Leigh Lanham 6.79

6. Ben Morley 3.00

7. Jason Garrity 4.46 (2.5% National League British reduction?)

JT.

Wouldn't take Olly on that figure, rather keep Charlie, having recommended Kasper to us I'd expect him back. Kasper's average is 4.89 at the minute, he's raced 4 meetings now, be more than happy to take him on that figure from what I've seen so far.

• Like 1

how about Oliver Allen for Rye? Surely worth 9.62

There's only one way that average would go... No thanks!

1. Doyle

2.Kasper Nielsen

3.Anders Mellgren

4. Lahnam

5. Kling

6. Garrity

7. Stef Nielsen

Does that fit? Not great with averages

Probably be a point or two under, can't see that side challenging for the title either. Stefan seems to perform well at Rye but I'd be dubious about going in with a reserve on a lower average than Garrity.

It is vital we keep hold of Bunyan, he picks up a lot of bonus points, he is a lot better rider than the short sighted amongst the Rye fans are making out.

The team below which I posted the other day has the strong top end and reserves you need to be a contender with scope for improvement in 4 of the riders. With two of Bunyan, Nielsen, Nelson and Garrity at reserve at all times we would be serious contenders.

1. Gjedde

2. Bunyan

3. Mellgren

4. Nelson

5. An Other (7-8ish)

6. Nielsen

7. Garrity

It is vital we keep hold of Bunyan, he picks up a lot of bonus points, he is a lot better rider than the short sighted amongst the Rye fans are making out.

Are you serious? I was rubbing my hands together when I heard we'd signed him, but he's hardly put anything on his average and to me has been disappointing.

Still a reserve after a poor season for the middle order and less than .4 on his average is enough to convince me to look elsewhere.

Please convince me otherwise

Edited by Shadders