Ok, heres my latest guess at next years line up

1.Ricky Kling

2.Anders Mellgren

3.Tyson Nelson

4.R/R Luke Bowen

5.Jason Garritty

6.Kasper Lykke

7. ???

That would be way under the points limit, even by Rye standards.

Last I remember hearing is that Luke won't be ready to race again until around June, too much of the season to use a stop gap rider for, especially Morley or Sarjeant so we need to plan without him for 2013. Luke offers stability in the engine room of the side, when he returns to race fitness mid season he may have to wait for a chance elsewhere to end the season in the PL or he could always ride for the Raiders to get his racing sharpness back to ride for the Rockets in 2014.

There is talk of Nelson coming back, I can't see it personally although he is a good signing on a 5.33 average.

Wishful thinking but with rumours of Doolan coming in and Robbo potentially on the way out at Newcastle:

1. Robson

2. Bunyan

3. Mellgren

4. Kling

5. Doolan

6. Nielsen

7. Garrity

Comes in at just over 42 points.

That would be way under the points limit, even by Rye standards.

Last I remember hearing is that Luke won't be ready to race again until around June, too much of the season to use a stop gap rider for, especially Morley or Sarjeant so we need to plan without him for 2013. Luke offers stability in the engine room of the side, when he returns to race fitness mid season he may have to wait for a chance elsewhere to end the season in the PL or he could always ride for the Raiders to get his racing sharpness back to ride for the Rockets in 2014.

There is talk of Nelson coming back, I can't see it personally although he is a good signing on a 5.33 average.

Wishful thinking but with rumours of Doolan coming in and Robbo potentially on the way out at Newcastle:

1. Robson

2. Bunyan

3. Mellgren

4. Kling

5. Doolan

6. Nielsen

7. Garrity

Love the team Ben, but Ijust cannot see Robbo returning (as much as we all would love it). When I spoke to Len last week he was pretty sure about the return of Nelson, so swop Robbo for Nelson in your team and I think it will be much more likely to start the season.

Love the team Ben, but Ijust cannot see Robbo returning (as much as we all would love it). When I spoke to Len last week he was pretty sure about the return of Nelson, so swop Robbo for Nelson in your team and I think it will be much more likely to start the season.

I agree, which is a shame, if we did swap Robbo for Nelson, I'd also get Doolan out and replace him with a big number one, I'd have Gjedde back if his injury problems are aside.

Other potential names mooted to fill spots would be Grajczonek and Lanham, I'd be happy with Grajczonek.

What about Richie Worrall? He's on a bargain average and if Lakeside are intending on using him I guess they shall be buying his contract, he could come down and race for them on Friday, then stay down to ride for us on the Saturday. I imagine he'll be wanted back at Newcastle, however as he is making rapid strides he may be looking to get into Poland as the season gets going, can't do that at a Sunday track. We're nicely located near Stansted Airport too ;)

I'm not keen on using rr for Luke, unless he's due back around April time.

I'm wavering over Bunyan. He's very hit and miss. The Rye track doesn't suit him. I'm not even sure if he's gonna ride over here next year

Can't see Len letting him go considering he just bought him from Poole, but wouldn't be surprised to see him at either Scunny,Sheffield or Ippo.

• Like 1

Can't see Len letting him go considering he just bought him from Poole, but wouldn't be surprised to see him at either Scunny,Sheffield or Ippo.

I wasn't aware Len had bought his contract. That changes things somewhat. Why would he spend money to own his registration, them loan him out?

Ken Burnett said there was news about Bunyan on the Mercury website.

Don't be surprised if next years line up is done and dusted by the end of October.

1.Ricky Kling

2.Anders Mellgren

3.Tyson Nelson

4.R/R Luke Bowen

5.Jason Garritty

6.Kasper Lykke

7. ???

No 'Mr Big Stuff' in your line up?

Chris will not be fit enough to start next season, when he was last at Rye he said that there is still pressure and inflamation of damaged vertebra. I think that 2014 will be more likely if Chris does decide to return to speedway.

• Like 1

1.Ricky Kling

2.Anders Mellgren

3.Tyson Nelson

4.R/R Luke Bowen

5.Jason Garritty

6.Kasper Lykke

7. ???

with those 6 you wanna hope the 7th rider is Chris Holder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

1. Robson

2. Bunyan

3. Mellgren

4. Kling

5. Doolan

6. Nielsen

7. Garrity

Now THAT is a team!!

• Like 1

1.Doolan 7.29

2.Bunyan 5.14

3.Mellgren 6.47

4.Nelson 5.33

5.Kling 6.35

6.Nielsen 4.28

7.Garrity 4.79

Total 39.65

Usual Rye line up about 3 below points limit.

Unusual Rye line up with 5 foreign riders.

2 riders with experience and most prob will not raise average.

4 riders who I fully expect to keep improving and raise there averages

1 rider who if they turn up could be good news

And who knows, maybe Charlie will return and do a few meetings for us at the start of the season ))

Edited by bolly

Bunyan, Nelson,Garrity, Lykke and Mellgren are nailed on, i don't see Len deciding on the other two until he knows exactly what the format will be. Next season is too unpredictable to call so given these five are more than likely definite

i think we!ll have to wait for the other two.

I think you can count Kevin Doolan out as a 2013 Rocket. I hear he loves the set up and the track, but doesn't fancy the travelling from his Sheffield base.

Perhaps you can get Ryan Fisher.......................Oh no he's signed for Leicester..................er no he hasn't ..............er er yes he has.

1.Ricky Kling

2.Anders Mellgren

3.Tyson Nelson

4.R/R Luke Bowen

5.Jason Garritty

6.Kasper Lykke

7. ???

so its The Riddler at reserve ?