British Speedway Forum

How do you know its Simon Lambert ? Documentation ? Proof or heresay ?

As much as he improved at the end of last year, I dont think he is going to improve much on his starting average and on some days looks decidedly wobbly around Rye.

If its him because we have a superstar No.1 and his average fits, maybe, but otherwise I am sure there are better prospects out there.

According to today's Speedway Star Simon said Rye House would be his first choice by a long way even though everybody's speculating a return to Sheffield. he also says riding at a smaller track will help bring him on as a rider. Think he did quite well after he settled in, a lot better than some people expected (that inludes me)

If it is Simon Lambert at reserve we can have anyone up to a 7.20 EL average, Eddie Kennett returns perhaps?

Personally, I like the look of this side. Lambert was very poor in his first few outings and you wondered why Len has bothered - wobbly was a good description . He was much improved by the end of the season and produced some exciting racing and impressive scores.... so happy to have him back at reserve.

A big No1 would be the icing on the cake. A 7.2 EL average should open some doors, but who will Len pick ?

Personally, I like the look of this side. Lambert was very poor in his first few outings and you wondered why Len has bothered - wobbly was a good description . He was much improved by the end of the season and produced some exciting racing and impressive scores.... so happy to have him back at reserve.

A big No1 would be the icing on the cake. A 7.2 EL average should open some doors, but who will Len pick ?

My guess, it could be Kim Nilsson who might DU in the EL with Ben Barker at Lakeside.

"It is fact

His mechanic told me last night that Simon has signed for Rye House"

Strange, I don't recall saying anything??

• Like 2

I think Rye House can't look much further for a no 1 fhen a return home for Eddie Kennett. Someone who Len knows well & again will do well at home with potential away.

There are three Elite League Swedes who could fit the bill as new Rye No.1. Kim Nilsson (average - 9.08, age at the start of 2013 season - 23), Daniel Nermark (average - 8.95, age - 35) and Thomas H Jonasson (average - 8.83, age 24).

Out of those three Thomas H is by far the best IMO

I'd love to Kennett back at Rye.... Certainly an entertainer and a crowd puller....

Fingers crossed - not been excited by a Rye House line up since the days of Woffinden and Sundstrum...

"It is fact

His mechanic told me last night that Simon has signed for Rye House"

You told me he was signing for Slough.

• Like 1

That can only mean 1 thing he is putting it about and he is 2 timing you !!!! :rolleyes:

You told me he was signing for Slough.

And you were supposed to keep that a secret until it is officially released.

That can only mean 1 thing he is putting it about and he is 2 timing you !!!! :rolleyes:

I have asked him the same question, don't worry

And you were supposed to keep that a secret until it is officially released.

Any idea what night they're running and will it be on Sky?