British Speedway Forum

Yes, Rob has been at all Rockets home fixtures this year. I spoke to him a couple of times and he did his normal reply the same as last year. 'I wont be back and ride in the not so good PL for a sub standard team like the Rockets' or words to that effect :rofl:

Took it with a pinch of salt as you have with most of what people say down the Rye ))

Yes, Rob has been at all Rockets home fixtures this year. I spoke to him a couple of times and he did his normal reply the same as last year. 'I wont be back and ride in the not so good PL for a sub standard team like the Rockets' or words to that effect :rofl:

Took it with a pinch of salt as you have with most of what people say down the Rye ))

When all is said and done it's good to have him back, if only for a short while??

Any Rye Fans know what Average Garity would come back into the side on ? who could he replace .

Rob Mear replaced at Lakeside by Kevin Doolan, so he can now concentrate on Rye House commitments.

Any Rye Fans know what Average Garity would come back into the side on ? who could he replace .

Garrity average is 4.79.

Rye total average at moment is 42.11 which means anyone other than Lykke and Lambert could be replaced by Garrity with Bunyan the man in most danger. Might depend on what happens this month with averages.

When is Garrity likely to be back and what about Bowen returning?

No way will Len Silver replace any of the top four when Jason gets back. Robert is a temp replacement plain and simple. Luke Bowen fit to ride around mid July but i be surprised to see him back unless there are any further injuries

Jason Garrity reckons he'll be back in 3 weeks

Jason Garrity reckons he'll be back in 3 weeks

That makes two of us ;)

Edited by RocketBen1

Ok, lets start the look for a new/replacement rider game again as Olly out for 4/6 weeks, Jason G not back for at least a couple of weeks, Simon Lambert still not back to form, Rob Mear not performing, Nelson over trying and not scoring, Kasper not performing under such pressure, Jason B took another knock last night.

Adam Roynon

Kim Nillson

Lewis Bridger

Any more names in the pot ?

Ok, lets start the look for a new/replacement rider game again as Olly out for 4/6 weeks,

I'd say that was a tad optimistic. How long was he out after the similar injury he suffered? Seem to recall it was months

Edited by Shadders

Yes we heard that bollocks from Sampford/Silver with Lambert and Bunyan last time. Both were nowhere fit and it's cost ever since as Rye have hardly won a meeting since due to both being nowhere near fit.

Yes we heard that bollocks from Sampford/Silver with Lambert and Bunyan last time. Both were nowhere fit and it's cost ever since as Rye have hardly won a meeting since due to both being nowhere near fit.

Jason Garrity will be rushed back before he's ready. Luke Bowen will be back in the side after he has the rod removed from his leg.

Jason Garrity will be rushed back before he's ready. Luke Bowen will be back in the side after he has the rod removed from his leg.

Even tough I have been a Len fan for many years, I am beginning to think it's time for a new face at the helm at Rye. I am finding it hard to waste my hard earn't money each week on watching the teams being put together each year, and the track preperation/conditioton seems a lot to be desired.

Sorry Len this is one supporter that will not be back any time soon.

Len will continue to blame injuries ruining the season, the same as always. The way he goes on these days you would think that Rye are the only team that has injuries - when the truth is that they are the only ones that never seem to respond to injuries or poor form, and usually end up with 2 options if it happens - R/R or Ben Morley.

Even tough I have been a Len fan for many years, I am beginning to think it's time for a new face at the helm at Rye. I am finding it hard to waste my hard earn't money each week on watching the teams being put together each year, and the track preperation/conditioton seems a lot to be desired.

Sorry Len this is one supporter that will not be back any time soon.

You're one of many that have deserted the club over the past few years. Silver's pre meeting rant at the hecklers who dared to question his judgement last year was the final straw for some. I lost my respect after he named and shamed me in the local rag with half truths and blatant lies. Another cheap jibe when he saw me at Berwick last year. If he packs up and walks out of Rye House the club will die. He owns the lease on the stadium and nobody in their right mind would rent it off him.

He'll still have his supporters who'll thank him for bringing the club back in the late 90's after Ronnie Russels disastrous tenure, when in truth it was a small bunch of die hard fans that resurrected the Rockets name. To his credit he put his money where his mouth was and made us one of the Premier Leagues top sides

No Rye House fan will forget the fantastic 2005 & 2007 seasons, but that memory has been clouded somewhat by the last few years of mediocrity. Even his staunchest supporters on the forum are beginning to see the light.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2