British Speedway Forum

No the thing Ben needs is a good stint doing NL only to boost his confidence, he is nowhere near PL class away from home, Rye are simply not in a position to carry a reserve especially with kasper standing still or even going backwards. Our season will effectively end when the cup run is over so the real boost is to go and win the thing.

Blunt answer is that he's not good enough. I like Ben but he's too inconsistent at NL level at present. Stand out man in the NL without a PL spot is Charles Wright and I'd have doubts if we moved for him going by his previous PL record. Hopefully Garrity is near full fitness!

No the thing Ben needs is a good stint doing NL only to boost his confidence, he is nowhere near PL class away from home, Rye are simply not in a position to carry a reserve especially with kasper standing still or even going backwards. Our season will effectively end when the cup run is over so the real boost is to go and win the thing.

So you have Lykke (Dane) and the rider formerly known as Tyson Nelson (Austarlian) who by your own supporters admission are going backwards or inconsistent at best so you need a reserve who can hit the ground running and score double figures home and away from the off. You do the Maths who should and shouldn't be in the team? :-)

Edited by TMW

Don't see the problem with Nelson - he knocked up 3 good wins and a second against GB the other week, beating Bridger and Robson.

He is a bit enthusiastic and therefore a bit erratic sometimes but he's the kind of rider I would go to watch.

And he's improving well - maybe just needs better equipment.

He did well enough against Edinburgh.

Lykke - I'm not convinced about him.

7 points against Edinburgh looks good at first glance but 2 of them against a very slow Sneddon, 1 against Davey - just back from injury and not yet fit, 1 against Joe Tabaka who was a bit second hand and apparently was on Sneddon's push bike, 2 where there were only 2 finishers and 1 ahead of Nelson who was coasting with a puncture.

So not as good as it looked.

• Like 1

This is on the Rye House website............

back in 2000 we used to have "Rocket Man Ray" whose job it was to cycle around the track dressed up as a Rocket in an attempt to entertain the younger supporters. Now I don't know if it was me but Ray's cycling definitely changed if he'd had a couple of well earned drinks in the Long Bar before he went out. It was though an attempt to do something different and if anyone knows what happened to good old Ray let me know as he was a top bloke.

May i suggest that he asks Hazal what happened to Rocket Man Ray.

His name is Roy Delaney and he was associated with the 'Friends of Speedway' organisation. When we were bringing the Rockets back in 1999 Roy was superb in giving his support to the venture and we were quite happy for him to his bit as Rocket Man. We needed all the friends and help we could get. Sadly after our year's efforts the successive management did not appear to share our views.

Glad to hear he's still about and prepared to spend his money at Rye House.

His name is Roy Delaney and he was associated with the 'Friends of Speedway' organisation. When we were bringing the Rockets back in 1999 Roy was superb in giving his support to the venture and we were quite happy for him to his bit as Rocket Man. We needed all the friends and help we could get. Sadly after our year's efforts the successive management did not appear to share our views.

Glad to hear he's still about and prepared to spend his money at Rye House.

Glad to see he's still going to Rye and isn't as bitter as some

Glad to see he's still going to Rye and isn't as bitter as some

There are damn good reasons why I turned my back on Rye House after thirty years and anyone there at the time with the faintest of a clue what was going on would know.

We used to have some pretty decent fans at Rye House. Seeing the comments on this forum the best decision I ever made was top get out.

By the way, next time you see Ron Russell I really do recommend that you tackle him with your whinges over his time at Rye House. You really might learn something.

It really does sum up the state this forum has got into. You take the time to come online and explain something and get an ignorant, nasty post in return.

There are damn good reasons why I turned my back on Rye House after thirty years and anyone there at the time with the faintest of a clue what was going on would know.

We used to have some pretty decent fans at Rye House. Seeing the comments on this forum the best decision I ever made was top get out.

By the way, next time you see Ron Russell I really do recommend that you tackle him with your whinges over his time at Rye House. You really might learn something.

It really does sum up the state this forum has got into. You take the time to come online and explain something and get an ignorant, nasty post in return.

This past week or so, I've been to see the Rockets at Plymouth, Redcar & Scunthorpe, spending hundreds of my hard earned, without a hint of trouble. I'm sure all the lovely people I meet at away tracks will testify to my character. If you saw one of your riders writhing in agony after a horrendous crash and saw someone attempting to take a photograph how would you react?

. I'm a proper speedway fan, not a know it all, bitter has been old whinge bag.

<personal abuse removed>

LOL. Shadders like a bit of a moan but he justifies his comments. He's not a, "well its rubbish. The end" but fairly constructive. The guy also puts god knows how much time and money into attending speedways all over the UK each season. Your comment is totally unfair.

LOL. Shadders like a bit of a moan

A bit? :rofl:

I'm always back the next week though ;)

Edited by Shadders

What a disgusting post. What do you expect from a speedway forum? It'd be boring if we all blindly followed the sport and our teams. British Speedway is amazing, nothing is wrong with it. Rye House are amazing and can finish bottom whenever they like because they try and they're nice guys we'll still throw money at them on a weekly basis...

I'd suspect Shadders has spent more time and money on following and watching the Rockets than yourself over the years Rob so it's not a good piece of reasoning to use when telling him how bad a fan and person he is.

I shall bow to your superior knowledge though because I wasn't there in 1999, I was still in primary school.

<abusive parts of post removed>

It really does annoy me...

Keyboard Commandos sitting at home, fully blinkered looking at the past. Wake up, smell the coffee man. The biggest problem with speedway at present is that it has too many people sitting at home and not enough going through the turnstiles, putting their hard earned cash back into the sport.

You are welcome to moan and groan about whatever you wish, but it is bang out of order to attack the people like us who are still funding the sport.

I shall await to see your apology to Shadders with interest.

Can't everyone just sort their differences out over a nice meal in Brick Lane?

I see anger management classes looming for one grumpy individual. I would love to hear Ronnie Russell's take on things. I am sure he lost a fortune personally but his decisions sometimes did beggar belief.