British Speedway Forum

I would love to hear Ronnie Russell's take on things. I am sure he lost a fortune personally but his decisions sometimes did beggar belief.

Most of my digs at Ronnie are tongue in cheek. Perhaps I'm looking through rose tinted spectacles, but I know for a fact he lost a packet promoting Rye House. Some of his signings were baffling, but don't forget he put his neck on the block to bring Jens Rasmussen to Rye House and one of the most exciting and dangerous riders I've ever seen in Martin Goodwin. He had some let downs too. Roger Johns came in from Wimbledon on a near 8 point average and then proceeded to stink the place out... Mel Taylor was one of the best riders in the National League when he came over from MIldenhall with Barry Klatt, but he failed to live up to expectations. Injuries didn't help either. I remember Trevor O'Brien, an earlier version of Tyson Nelson, who bust his thigh when he was looking very good.

Edited by Shadders

And the legend that is Peter schroeck. Not sure that's spelt right!!!!

Looks good, unlike his points tally for Rye House... Nice moustache though... He should've stuck with his pop career

Edited by Shadders

Guest news for the week ahead.....http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.638

Were there any jungle drums banging tonight about who Rye's replacement rider may be? On tonight's evidence, Ben Morley seems to be worth a shot !!!

Edited by KevH

If you read 'Lens Lines' in tonights programme, he states that Pontus Aspgren will be staying on indefinitely. That means the empty position when Jason G returns in 2 weeks ???? according to Len as well, will be No. 1 rider, and with every will in the world Ben is not ready to fill that gap.

1. ???

2. Bunyan

3. Mellgren

4. Nelson

5. Aspgren

6 Garritty

7. Lykke

Maybe Ben to fill in at home meetings till Jason G returns, or until Luke is fit enough to return ? Must admit Ben looked a lot better at holding his position and not being bullied about by other riders tonight.

If you read 'Lens Lines' in tonights programme, he states that Pontus Aspgren will be staying on indefinitely. That means the empty position when Jason G returns in 2 weeks ???? according to Len as well, will be No. 1 rider, and with every will in the world Ben is not ready to fill that gap.

1. ???

2. Bunyan

3. Mellgren

4. Nelson

5. Aspgren

6 Garritty

7. Lykke

Maybe Ben to fill in at home meetings till Jason G returns, or until Luke is fit enough to return ? Must admit Ben looked a lot better at holding his position and not being bullied about by other riders tonight.

What's all this nonsense about Jason G returning in 2 weeks? The kid was hobbling around on crutches at Sheffield on Thursday. Now I'm no doctor, in fact I've had no medical training whatsoever, but that sounds a little overly optimistic don't you think?

Were there any jungle drums banging tonight about who Rye's replacement rider may be? On tonight's evidence, Ben Morley seems to be worth a shot !!!

One stand out ride against Bager tonight when he stuck it in on bend one half way through heat 12 when previously he would've backed off

• Like 1

What's all this nonsense about Jason G returning in 2 weeks? The kid was hobbling around on crutches at Sheffield on Thursday. Now I'm no doctor, in fact I've had no medical training whatsoever, but that sounds a little overly optimistic don't you think?

One stand out ride against Bager tonight when he stuck it in on bend one half way through heat 12 when previously he would've backed off

WHAT ??? You don't mean that the management would try to lie to us fans ?? I've never heard of such things. Whatever next ??

Next thing Shadders will be saying is that Father Christmas does't exist and there aren't fairies at the end of the garden. :rofl:

Note to Sarah. This man is obviously deluded, Keep the straight jacket handy ;)

Edited by bolly

WHAT ??? You don't mean that the management would try to lie to us fans ?? I've never heard of such things. Whatever next ??

No, I don't mean that at all. I think the young lad is a little too enthusiastic.

No, I don't mean that at all. I think the young lad is a little too enthusiastic.

I actually agree with you and dont think he will be back for a few weeks yet. :t:

Your getting very tactful and non confrontational in your old age ))

Good news about Father Christmas being real though :D

Your getting very tactful and non confrontational in your old age ))

I'm saving it for the away meetings

Update on Rye House website:::

:::::::

Lambert Opts Out

As Rye House promoter Len Silver explained to Saturday’s crowd, Rockets reserve Simon Lambert has decided to step down from the side and take a complete rest for a month. Lambert’s decision follows a struggle with injury and over-trying, although he will continue to help the Rockets in the back room by assisting Anders Mellgren.

Watch this space for team news in this regard.

Lambert signed by Somerset to replace Perry. Makes debut this Friday at home to Redcar. Good luck to him 3.18 ave Bargain!!

Press release on BSPA.

Simons going to be a busy boy on Aug 10th then.

Helping Anders in the pits at Rye and racing for Somerset at Plymouth ?? He must of found a fast bike from somewhere ?? :rofl:

Simons going to be a busy boy on Aug 10th then.

Helping Anders in the pits at Rye and racing for Somerset at Plymouth ?? He must of found a fast bike from somewhere ?? :rofl:

Not bad for someone who was taking a complete rest for a month.

The bike will need to be faster than the one he was riding for us then Bolly. On the basis that Olly's return is imminent can we keep him, Garrity and Pontus by redeclaring. Once fit that would be some 1-7.