British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish Play Offs 2012

Coventry are at Kings Lynn next Wednesday-whats Larsen going to do ? ?

Race in Sweden and miss Coventry I would suspect. Thats what everyone else seems to have done (Iversen, Mads, Sundstrom etc)

To be fair if I was Larsen I would ride in Sweden. A play-off meeting with a lot riding on it rather than a meeting in EL to decide whether Coventry might finish 8th or 9th.

Any news yet on which match Canal plus are showing on the main channel-as that`s the one we are likely to see.Their new website does my head in ! !

Canal+ won't show anything since there isn't any Swedish Canal+ any longer. Its C more now.

But no I haven't seen any info yet on what meeting they have will show.

Coventry are at Kings Lynn next Wednesday-whats Larsen going to do ? ?

Race in Sweden and miss Coventry I would suspect. Thats what everyone else seems to have done (Iversen, Mads, Sundstrom etc)

To be fair if I was Larsen I would ride in Sweden. A play-off meeting with a lot riding on it rather than a meeting in EL to decide whether Coventry might finish 8th or 9th.

I don't think its Kenni's decision.to make. Coventry will decide for him that he needs to ride for Coventry.

They have already decided that before the Allsvenskan play offs started that Kenni has to ride for them.

Smedernas team manager Jimmy Jansson tried to get Coventry to let Kenni ride for us in all play off meetings

but they refused. Possible they could have changed their opinion now but i don't think so.

Sundström and PK don't have a choice but have to ride in Sweden if they get picked.

If they skip Sweden for Britain they could get a ban which would prevent them from riding at all.

Edited by Ghostwalker

No mention on Premier Sports or elsewhere yet as to which semi-final is being televised. Right now i'm watching NFL in the early hours of Monday morning so i'll check back later today for the latest news of team line-ups. There are going to be changes to the published provisional listings due to injury.

Dackarna are likely to be hardest hit. Tai Woffinden crashed in Poland on Sunday and is reported to have a dislocated shoulder. He's said he is not riding for Wolverhampton on Monday nor for Dackarna on Tuesday. He's aiming to be back racing in Poland next Sunday. His Dackarna teamate Andreas Jonsson has concussion and is dizzy and nauseous. His doctors have said he should rest for a week. The rider himself will not race if he doesn't feel well. He's going to decide on the day itself as to whether he takes part. He has been listed and they will run rider replacement if he doesn't appear.

Vetlanda's Thomas H. Jonasson went to hospital after a crash Sunday in Poland. Hmmm a recurring theme there most weeks lol. However, they do have Hampel back in the team.

Piraterna fielding the current top two in the world Holder and Hancock, very nice!

I'll put online the MiniMax racecard once it's been established which match is being shown. I tried going to the C More Swedish site and clicking on the tv listings but it just resolves to a general page advertising movies with the 'sport' link not working.

So i have added all lineups for this week and there are some changes to the preliminary lineups.

For Elit Vetlanda, Thomas H Jonasson and Henric Lindqvist are out and they will be replaced by David Ruud and

Jacob Thorssell. This means that David Ruud will take Emils S place as nr 3 while Emil is moved down to nr 7.

No changes for Indianerna.

For Dackarna they will use R/R for Jonsson and Tai is replaced by Jonas Davidsson.

No changes for Piraterna.

For the Allsvenskan final Coventry seems to have agreed to let Kenni ride for us. :)

Berntzon is still out with a foot injury. Szymon Wozniak is not in the lineup this week and is

replaced by Linus Eklöf. Personally if, possible, i would have kept Wozniak.

Race cards:

Indianerna - Elit Vetlanda

http://www.mediafire...s84fpzbwzca7qcr

Dackarna - Piraterna #TV Meeting#

http://www.mediafire...sx2vxkd5wyck7de

Rospiggarna - Ikaros Smederna

http://www.mediafire...gxyym2778uldxdy

Ikaros Smederna - Rospiggarna

http://www.mediafire...81o19t0syptubyc

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Just got confirmation from C more that Racers and Royals will get as he wants.

Main tv meeting will be Dackarna vs. Piraterna on C more sport and Indianerna Elit Vetlanda in C more Extreme.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Just got home a little while ago and have put the racecard online.

AVAILABLE NOW

MiniMax Racecards - Swedish Play Offs Semi-Final 1st Leg, DACKARNA Vs. PIRATERNA

http://speedway.manc.../racecards.html

Incidentally, should anyone ever need it (in the UK???) the 'C More' tv website does work in Google Chrome. It is an ongoing Beta version which may explain why i had difficulty accessing it in IE.

Edited by manchesterpaul

the website works fine in Firefox as well.

Edited by Ghostwalker

while Emil is moved down to nr 7."

Geez, he should clean up shouldn't he? Imagine a (so-called) Elite League team showing up with "Number 7. Reserve" Emil Sayfutdinov. The mind boggles :lol:

Join you all tomorrow. Alan.

Just got home a little while ago and have put the racecard online.

AVAILABLE NOW

MiniMax Racecards - Swedish Play Offs Semi-Final 1st Leg, DACKARNA Vs. PIRATERNA

http://speedway.manc.../racecards.html

Incidentally, should anyone ever need it (in the UK???) the 'C More' tv website does work in Google Chrome. It is an ongoing Beta version which may explain why i had difficulty accessing it in IE.

Tack så mycket, mate. :lol: Join you later. Alan.

Hopefully get to watch the Elit meeting as I have got to see this Russian reserve they have :)

He's quite promising i understand. :lol: Showing my age! i remember Wimbledon in their all-conquering days in the late 50s showing up at Brandon and Ronnie Greene had stuck a promising wobbler at reserve by the name of Ronnie Moore!

I'm not sure if this meeting will be streamed as it is on the "secondary" Canal channel. Dackarna v Piraterna is the main offering and Piraterna have a real plonker at reserve in someone called Linus Sundstrom. :lol: These Swedes need to get their act together and see how the UK does it :rofl: All the best. Alan.

Hopefully get to watch the Elit meeting as I have got to see this Russian reserve they have :)

Hee hee.

Looks like Matt Ford has a Swedish relative with pulling a team line-up stroke like that.

Tack så mycket, mate. :lol: Join you later. Alan.

Despite spending time in the BSF i've not become overly paranoid or distrustful so i won't Google that and instead take it to mean thank you very much lol. Best i can do is 'Tack så mycket' for the 'Tack så mycket'.

Edited by manchesterpaul

well hope it might appear on that C more Extreme channel.

I set up Google chrome with it ready.

I use IE as chrome crashes too much with that adobe glitch.

How do Elit manage to get Emil at #7 anyway?

Their rules are strange.

Not as strange as the Russian league obviously but they put the so called EL to shame.

Pearson described Poole Swindon as a clash of giants but Poole had 3 heat leaders and a pile of PL standard riders whilst Swindon had ONE heat leader and a pile of pile of PL standard riders.

Hardly a clash of giants. How our league speedway has fallen.

The Dackarna-Piraterna is on multiple C More channels and outlets with the exception of one........yep C Extreme which is carrying the Indianerna-Vetlanda meeting.

As Ghostwalker mentioned and i forgot to Firefox is compatible too.

How do Elit manage to get Emil at #7 anyway?

Their rules are strange.

Not as strange as the Russian league obviously but they put the so called EL to shame.

Pearson described Poole Swindon as a clash of giants but Poole had 3 heat leaders and a pile of PL standard riders whilst Swindon had ONE heat leader and a pile of pile of PL standard riders.

Hardly a clash of giants. How our league speedway has fallen.

Very simple. Bo Wirebrand (Vetlanda team manager) picks seven riders that fits under the average cap (10.500, based on season entry average).

Of those Emil and Jacob Thorssell are the two with the lowest floating average which means that those two will be the reserves for this meeting.

Next week the averages might have have changed so that Emil is back into 1.5's with another rider at reserve.

Btw enjoy while you can this is probably the last season in many years with such strong lineups.