British Speedway Forum
Cornishman

Very Disappointed With.....

very disapointed not see a film of lee in action and a tribute, totally expected to see it and i can see why emma was disapointed and i think alot of people were too.

total disgrace by the organisers,

• Like 3

Disappointed but not surprised by it.............the only real mention was for the tribute meeting and what was in the programme..............

RP

I agree that a tribute film would have been nice. It could have played in the interval, instead of having some bloke who nobody had ever heard of, coming on and singing.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

Yes they could have shown one or two of his great races on the screen.

• Like 1

It was a sad time but it`s time to move on now .........

Edited by dornier

It's nothing to do with moving on, Lee should always be remembered and paid tribute to and will be, just like all fallen riders ...............

This was a chance for British Speedway fans to pay tribute to Lee Richarson together instead of in little pockets all over the country. We also had fans from all over europe there who could have joined in. It should have been made into a Rico day, a one off just 15 weeks after his death. There should have been a 2 mins silence for all fans from europe to observe together. There should have been a Rico tribute at the interval & even a collection made (yes you would need many collectors). This was a chance to honor one of our favorite sons together and we blew it. His bike should have been on the introduction parade & perhaps even Emma could have said a few words about her husband. His sons were there with her and it would have been quite fitting.

Shame on you fits the bill, yes three full pages in the program were excellent, well done for that. But there should have been a lot more done to honour his memory.

Some say time to move on ... time to move on starts March 2013, a new season a new start. This one has been marred by the loss of one of our own, they let Lee down badly in my opinion.

• Like 3

This was a chance for British Speedway fans to pay tribute to Lee Richarson together instead of in little pockets all over the country. We also had fans from all over europe there who could have joined in. It should have been made into a Rico day, a one off just 15 weeks after his death. There should have been a 2 mins silence for all fans from europe to observe together. There should have been a Rico tribute at the interval & even a collection made (yes you would need many collectors). This was a chance to honor one of our favorite sons together and we blew it. His bike should have been on the introduction parade & perhaps even Emma could have said a few words about her husband. His sons were there with her and it would have been quite fitting.

Shame on you fits the bill, yes three full pages in the program were excellent, well done for that. But there should have been a lot more done to honour his memory.

Some say time to move on ... time to move on starts March 2013, a new season a new start. This one has been marred by the loss of one of our own, they let Lee down badly in my opinion.

As I've already said, IMO a period of silence at this point is not appropriate. The right time to do that was the GP immediately after Rico's death and that was done. That was the time to grieve.

Saturday should have been the time to celebrate the speedway career of Lee Richardson. They should have had a couple of minute's "noise" for Rico. Show a replay of the final of the 2004 British Grand Prix, plus footage of a couple of World Cup races, and ask the fans to blow their air horns and wave their flags throughout ("Let's raise the roof for Rico!!"). Would have probably produced the biggest noise of the night.

It's a real pity it wasn't done.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

As I've already said, IMO a period of silence at this point is not appropriate. The right time to do that was the GP immediately after Rico's death and that was done. That was the time to grieve.

Saturday should have been the time to celebrate the speedway career of Lee Richardson. They should have had a couple of minute's "noise" for Rico. Show a replay of the final of the 2004 British Grand Prix, plus footage of a couple of World Cup races, and ask the fans to blow their air horns and wave their flags throughout ("Let's raise the roof for Rico!!"). Would have probably produced the biggest noise of the night.

It's a real pity it wasn't done.

All the best

Rob

Yep would have been happy with that :approve:

I too was expeecting some kind of tribute in the form of a montage of Lee in action. As there were so many #RICO t shirts being worn, it would have been a thought to have got everyone wearing them to stand, to just gauge how successfull "Make Cardiff a White Out for Rico" had been (well done to Freya Louis, by the way, for driving this scheme)

It is a difficult situation for the organisers to have a tribute for Lee Richardson only. My suggestion would be to, in the interval, show a slideshow of anyone connected to speedway that has left us during the time between British Grand Prix/ previous 12 months. That way, riders, officials and even die-hard supporters could be honoured, in the same way as they do at the BAFTAs when they take a moment to remember those that are no longer with us. Just a thought

Overall Cardiff was a good event, although I felt that it was a little "flat" this year. Perhaps they should change the guy on the microphone ;)

• Like 1

I too was expeecting some kind of tribute in the form of a montage of Lee in action. As there were so many #RICO t shirts being worn, it would have been a thought to have got everyone wearing them to stand, to just gauge how successfull "Make Cardiff a White Out for Rico" had been (well done to Freya Louis, by the way, for driving this scheme)

It is a difficult situation for the organisers to have a tribute for Lee Richardson only. My suggestion would be to, in the interval, show a slideshow of anyone connected to speedway that has left us during the time between British Grand Prix/ previous 12 months. That way, riders, officials and even die-hard supporters could be honoured, in the same way as they do at the BAFTAs when they take a moment to remember those that are no longer with us. Just a thought

Overall Cardiff was a good event, although I felt that it was a little "flat" this year. Perhaps they should change the guy on the microphone ;)

Perhaps a union jack blazer instead of the white one Presenter? ;)

I too was a little disappointed that there wasn't any mention of Rico during the meeting, but was impressed with the #RICO stand in the middle of the fans zone in the city centre, along with the tribute in the programme.

Wasn't expecting a colleciton as I don't think these are sanctioned at FIM events, but a minutes noise at Rico's home grand prix would have been an amazingly fitting tribute, a similar tribute for Marco Simoncelli at the Valencia MotoGP round last november was spine tingling.

I do think British Speedway needs to do something lasting to pay tribute to Lee, maybe installing the Richardson Trophy for the team who finishes top of the league before the play-off's?

• Like 1

I do think British Speedway needs to do something lasting to pay tribute to Lee, maybe installing the Richardson Trophy for the team who finishes top of the league before the play-off's?

That is a brilliant idea Wackie

• Like 1

Or how about as our last British World Under 21 Champion, call the cup the U21 Champion wins the Lee Richardson cup.