British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

D-star Sponsor Mdlrc At Leicester --fri Sept 28th

MDL Riders Championship

Friday 28th Sept at Leicester . 7.30pm

D-Star Racewear Sponsorship for MDLRC

The Midland Development League Riders Championship at Leicester on Friday September 28th has received a major boost with a sponsorship deal reached with D-Star Racewear of Hayling Island, Hampshire, The Kevlar and accessories manufacturer run by former rider Chris Johnson are providing a complete set of body colours in the club colours of the competing riders that they will be able to keep as a personal souvenir of the inaugural staging of the event,

D-Star are also giving the four finalists in the Grand Prix run meeting vouchers to get substantial discounts on the range of D-Star products.

MDL Co-ordinator Kelvin Lapworth is really pleased with the backing , “ Each club were going to bring their normal race jackets but these wouldn’t have had their race numbers on for the meeting. Now we will have a smart brand new set of 1 to 18 race jackets that will add to the professionalism of the meeting.”

“We have had an amazing response to the backing of the meeting with every race backed along with associate support that has allowed us to provide each rider with a gallon of fuel along with a voucher to be used on the Cov-Comp spares van , which will be a great help to every rider. At this level they are not paid for points or travel money and speedway is an expensive sport so any level of backing is much appreciated.”

“The Final , in addition to the D-Star sponsorship, will also have all four riders receiving products from FB Race plates and for the first three there are hand sculptured trophies in gold, silver and bronze made and donated by Mick Chapman Trophies of Ashford Kent.”

“All in all it is going to be a superb night and with former World Champion Jan O Pedersen as the guest of honour and making himself available near the turnstiles for photos with a donation payable which will be sent to the Rico Fund, I just can’t wait.”

There is one change to the line-up with the unfortunate injury sustained by Milton Keynes skipper Conor Dwyer in the British Under 19 Final at Sheffield . His season is over with a badly broken right upper arm and he misses the MDL title play-offs as well. His place is taken by former Rye House and Mildenhall rider Nick Laurence.

MDLRC Line-Up :

Ollie Greenwood (MILTON KEYNES)

Michael Neale (BELLE VUE)

Martin Wrathall (STOKE)

Lee Springthorpe (WILDCARD –HALIFAX)

Andy Braithwaite (SHEFFIELD)

Chris Widman (WILDCARD—LONG EATON)

Lee Geary (LONG EATON)

Dan Phillips (SCUNTHORPE)

Liam Rumsey (LONG EATON)

Dan Greenwood (COVENTRY-MERCIA)

Tom Woolley (SHEFFIELD)

Shaun Tedham (STOKE)

Nick Laurence (MILTON KEYNES)

Martin Knuckey (COVENTRY-MERCIA

Max Clegg (BELLE VUE)

Tommy Fenwick (SCUNTHORPE

RESERVES :

Dan Holt (BELLE VUE /)

Adam Kirby (SCUNTHORPE

MDLRC at Leicester admission prices :

Adult/Concessions - £10

Family Ticket (2 adults + 2 children) - £20

Children (ages 10-16) £5.00

Under 10's free

Admission valid for Season ticket holders

On rain-off or abandonment tickets only valid for re-staging of event . If called off before heat 10 reduction of 50p a race staged.

Edited by Main Man

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm...before 5pm as I will be leaving for Lakeside then!

Thanks

What an excellent meeting with some close racing from the youngsters of the MDL. Riders were lined up ready to leave the pits as soon as the previous heat had finished. I don't think there was false start all night, only two races stopped due to fallers not clearing the track and 23 races run in 2hrs 15 mins with a 10 minute stop for the medics attending to Danny Phillips who took a nasty tumble on bend 4

Well done to Leicester for staging the meeting who were rewarded with an attendance of about 600 - 700 spectators, and well done to Laurence Rogers and Kelvin Lapworth for pulling it all together. A huge thanks to all the sponsors, and finally well done to Dan Greenwood who won the meeting in fine style, being beaten just once in 7 rides, Ollie Greenwood for his 2nd place and Liam Rumsey riding the Leicester track better than ever to get a superb 3rd place. The trophies were really good and the lads kept their race jackets. I am sure that Laurence will have a bit more to say about the meeting later.

Edited by Great Central
  • Like 1

Sound like a great meeting, presented well, so Thanks to Leicester Speedway, and all the organisers, riders and officials, and congratulations to the winner Dan Greenwood.

What an excellent meeting with some close racing from the youngsters of the MDL. Riders were lined up ready to leave the pits as soon as the previous heat had finished. I don't think there was false start all night, only two races stopped due to fallers not clearing the track and 23 races run in 2hrs 15 mins with a 10 minute stop for the medics attending to Danny Phillips who took a nasty tumble on bend 4

Well done to Leicester for staging the meeting who were rewarded with an attendance of about 600 - 700 spectators, and well done to Laurence Rogers and Kelvin Lapworth for pulling it all together. A huge thanks to all the sponsors, and finally well done to Dan Greenwood who won the meeting in fine style, being beaten just once in 7 rides, Ollie Greenwood for his 2nd place and Liam Rumsey riding the Leicester track better than ever to get a superb 3rd place. The trophies were really good and the lads kept their race jackets. I am sure that Laurence will have a bit more to say about the meeting later.

I have to say it was good to see a meeting that moves on as it should!

I did a quick walkround headcount again and the crowd was actually just over 450, maybe getting on just sub 500 with the people in the boxes. Still, for a meeting for sub National League standard riders (which i don't mean as a dig) it was an amazing crowd i'd say. The reality is that the crowd was probably still on a par with what half of the Premier League teams would expect for a league meeting!.

well done to all, especially Dan Greenwood.

Mick.

Edited by volty

Sound like a great meeting, presented well, so Thanks to Leicester Speedway, and all the organisers, riders and officials, and congratulations to the winner Dan Greenwood.

It was a great meeting. Apart from one race where Dan Greenwood lifted at the gate, he looked really good all night as did many of the other riders. The Leicester promotion, track staff and crowd did the lads proud. I know that Laurence was determined to ensure that the meeting flowed without interuption and that it did. There were a few falls but with the track a little bit tricky after rain all morning, it still produced a superb racing surface after only a few heats. I can't imagine how much time and effort Laurence and Kelvin put into getting all the sponsorship etc organised but all the riders came away with quite a nice package so again a big thanks to those guys.

I have to say it was good to see a meeting that moves on as it should!

I did a quick walkround headcount again and the crowd was actually just over 450, maybe getting on just sub 500 with the people in the boxes. Still, for a meeting for sub National League standard riders (which i don't mean as a dig) it was an amazing crowd i'd say. The reality is that the crowd was probably still on a par with what half of the Premier League teams would expect for a league meeting!.

well done to all, especially Dan Greenwood.

Mick.

You may be right on the numbers. When I got there at 6.15 the car park was filling fast, and was full by start time, and the stands looked reasonably full. As you say some PL teams would only expect that level of support and it shows the passion for speedway in Leicester and surrounding districts. Those people that stayed away thinking that the meeting might be a marathon, or that the racing would be below par lost out on a good evenings entertainment.

It was a great meeting. Apart from one race where Dan Greenwood lifted at the gate, he looked really good all night as did many of the other riders. The Leicester promotion, track staff and crowd did the lads proud. I know that Laurence was determined to ensure that the meeting flowed without interuption and that it did. There were a few falls but with the track a little bit tricky after rain all morning, it still produced a superb racing surface after only a few heats. I can't imagine how much time and effort Laurence and Kelvin put into getting all the sponsorship etc organised but all the riders came away with quite a nice package so again a big thanks to those guys.

You may be right on the numbers. When I got there at 6.15 the car park was filling fast, and was full by start time, and the stands looked reasonably full. As you say some PL teams would only expect that level of support and it shows the passion for speedway in Leicester and surrounding districts. Those people that stayed away thinking that the meeting might be a marathon, or that the racing would be below par lost out on a good evenings entertainment.

How many would there have been at the original £5 admission ?