British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

In Speedway Star, same joint Team Managers as last season and an article about Jake Knight talking about his hopes for the forthcoming season. Sheffield have purchased his contract, but he will still ride for Kings' Lynn in the NL as well. So, that's the team and management sorted; hopefully the track surface and team spirit next.

In Speedway Star, same joint Team Managers as last season and an article about Jake Knight talking about his hopes for the forthcoming season. Sheffield have purchased his contract, but he will still ride for Kings' Lynn in the NL as well. So, that's the team and management sorted; hopefully the track surface and team spirit next.

Would have preferred to have seen a New Team Manager in for next season, much prefer to see Dave Hoggart take on the centre green duties.

• Like 2

Team managment, very inspiring i bet they really motovate the team.

On a different note, who do we think will be paired alongside Jake Knight in the reserve berths ? I reckon for the visit of the Brummies we could well see Koppe Paired with Knight, and Albin at 2.

With Steady likely to be winning, or at least contesting at the front of his races, whoever gets the short straw and rides at No 2 will have a tough time scoring big points.

When a team has a big-hitting No 1, the No 2 tends to be fighting over scraps. Expect a revolving door between that race-jacket and the reserve positions, especially as the riders involved (Knight, Albin and Koppe) have no rolling averages to cushion them, and all three will quickly revert to actual scores.

To all Tigers fans, we will be having our next STAARS gathering next Thursday (21th February 2013) from 7:30pm at the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5miles south-east of Owlerton Stadium.)

All are Welcome!

On a different note, who do we think will be paired alongside Jake Knight in the reserve berths ? I reckon for the visit of the Brummies we could well see Koppe Paired with Knight, and Albin at 2.

I would think the line up could be steady albin haines hall wells koppe knight for the opener then see how it goes.I think we will have to see how it works away.Probably shuffle the pack once it settles down.Just hope new lads settle quickly.

When a team has a big-hitting No 1, the No 2 tends to be fighting over scraps. Expect a revolving door between that race-jacket and the reserve positions, especially as the riders involved (Knight, Albin and Koppe) have no rolling averages to cushion them, and all three will quickly revert to actual scores.

Very astute observation, Lulu.

With Steady likely to be winning, or at least contesting at the front of his races, whoever gets the short straw and rides at No 2 will have a tough time scoring big points.

For me there is only one rider that can be successful riding the difficult number 2 race jacket.

If you think of the Sheffield riders who have done well in the past riding that position Ben Wilson and Hugh Skidmore spring to mind, both quick out of the gate and both won their fair share of heat 1 riding at that position.

For me Joe Haines fits the bill nicely quick out of the gate and fast when he hits the front...

If joe does that maybe Simon can try team riding. He as plenty of experience, and is good enough, could be a very good partnership.

For me there is only one rider that can be successful riding the difficult number 2 race jacket.

If you think of the Sheffield riders who have done well in the past riding that position Ben Wilson and Hugh Skidmore spring to mind, both quick out of the gate and both won their fair share of heat 1 riding at that position.

For me Joe Haines fits the bill nicely quick out of the gate and fast when he hits the front...

joe would be my choice too but not sure how albin and hall would pair up.Are they similar style riders ? Will hally look out for his team mate as hes not the best at team riding.We need to get a balance once the new boys settle.
  • Like 1

joe would be my choice too but not sure how albin and hall would pair up.Are they similar style riders ? Will hally look out for his team mate as hes not the best at team riding.We need to get a balance once the new boys settle.

I would have Hall at number for home meetings and stick Wells in to ride with either Koppe or Albin at 3 and 4.

• Like 1

I would have Hall at number for home meetings and stick Wells in to ride with either Koppe or Albin at 3 and 4.

Good shout Spin King. If Albin likes to ride the boards Wells round the white line is common sense.Plus Wells in heat 14 could come up trumps.

Edited by Marcelle

Hally wouldnt ride at 5 last season so will he this ? If hes with steady in heat 15 they cant both ride out on the fence !!! Be interesting what choice management make or if they let the riders sort it between themselves.Bit of imput from steady might be needed.