British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Dear Spin King; consider yourself b****cked; by order of Oily Rag; :D Mind you is there an Oily Rag senior on the scene; which means this Oily Rag is junior?

I know the people Spin King is on about but I am not one of them.

HT , not gloating about my close season comments I just didnt like the tone of some replies I recieved during the winter from certain people and I will stand by my comments about the team , its gonna be a short season without the correct changes made sharpish and even if changes are made can you trust the people in charge to make the correct ones ?

The team needs sorting now. I hope the management team are looking for riders now so we can change as soon as we are allowed. Otherwise a repeat of last season. A lot of unhappy people at the Rye House match. 3 heat leaders and 2 reserves beat 7 man tigers. I thought Rye didn't like Sheffield.

nobody liked going to sheffield at one time.away teams were stuffed all the time. now most teams going there are not put off and try for the away win..the performances last year and so far this year are not good for the home fans who deserve more than this. you can carry one 3.00 reserve, but you cant carry 3 sometimes 4.. hope you get the changes you need for this year.

What has Hog done to this Club ?

And why does Neil let him?

Edited by Harman

If they do make a change I hope Simon Nielson is on their radar was sad to see him go from Leicester just as he was finding his mojo :-)

Hope Haines isn't dropped why should Albin have a place over him doesn't seem to be doing any better and Joe has had to start from scratch again after nearly killing himself in Australia!!!!

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

I think we should stick with the team till the assessed averages have changed. Otherwise it will just be damage control.

I have no problems with the three heat leaders.

And unlike many others I feel Joe will come good.

Albin has bags of potential but has to be at reserve.

I have been surprised by Jake. I thought he would be well off the pace but he has showed some signs he may cut it at premier level, but he needs as many meetings as possible and now he has quit National league racing I can only see him going backwards.

Koppe, I just can't see the improvement in him. He just doesn't look comfy on a bike.

I believe the averages will change after the meeting at home to Berwick on June 6th. We need to be ready for instant changes or the season and possibly the Tigers could be dead in the water.

Adam Roynon has tweeted he is back in training to ride. If he is going back to Leicester then our promotion need to be on the phone to Magnus Karlsson today to offer him a contract at Sheffield to start on June 7th.

I'd be inclined to drop Koppe for Karlsson. If we have enough points to play with after that I would then drop Knight and bring in the more experienced Charles Wright. We could then line up as follows

1 Stead

2 Haines

3 Wells

4 Hall

5 Karlsson

6 Albin

7 Wright

Changes our team from certain wooden spoon contenders to possible play off challengers depending on how far we fall behind between now and June 6th.

that team on todays currant average will come in at 44.41 so you would need to shed 1.91 which i think is possible.

good team but the problem you might have is karlsson rides in sweden on a thurs or maybe its a tuesday,not sure.

Edited by neb

why dont you just offer adam roynon a place .

• Like 1

Sweden race on a Wednesday night.

I did say IF they fit.

And I would guess that Karlsson was brought in as cover while Roynon recovered.

Those who were at the STAARs meeting the other night will have heard how parlous the situation is. They have a 3 point strategy for survival. 1. Win at home, 2 build the asset base, 3 control the finances.

This season is about guerrilla tactics for survival, and that means winning at home to keep the several hundred more that go to HOME meetings happy.

If this is the last throw of the dice they HAVE to win at home and anything else is a bonus. Not great but reality.

This isn't going to end well ,is it?

Reading back though the thread,quite a few posters seem to have predicted what was going to happen.

It appears that Machin has lost his way or interest in Speedway and I think it shows as he rarely writes a piece anywhere no more.

Seems to have handed most the responsibility over to Hoggart which is proving to be a massive mistake. We have slowly gone downhill since he slid his way into the promotion.

Then to makes matters worse he is now joint team manager and both of them can't put 1 good idea together. They are NOT speedway managers!!

Changes are needed badly starting with the team manager then the team because if not then I fear we will have no speedway at owlerton at all for us to discuss.

Please sort this mess out.

Two argentinean? Sanchez and Albin. Is best double up with Nicolas Covatti

Covatti and Albin.- 1 and 2 last international championship in Argentine.- :t:

I totally agree with yorkshire tyke's post so i am going to give my opinion now.

In my opinion - Hoggart you are no good at team building, useless in fact. My wife could put together a better 1-7 than you. I feel that you are destroying what was once a force of a club. If team changes arent made then I am going to be £30+ better off each week because I refuse to come and pay to see this humiliation each week.

For the past few seasons now Hoggart has been left in charge while Neil jets off to OZ and look at whats happened.

Hoggy has to go, we need a decent solid team manager and a couple of team changes and fast.