British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

sounds bad 3 breaks.Hope hes not out for rest of season but doesn't look too good.Good luck simon with the recovery.

Gutted for Steady, will be sorely missed. So what now? just as the team takes solid shape with the signing of Roynon this happens! Will we run R/R or will a stand in rider be drafted in on a temp basis?

I would imagine that it will be guests rather than rider replacement, although you can pick and choose horses for courses they never work out as well as having your own riders, so I think a new signing will be on its way soon, the question is, who???

Just put this on another thread, there's a rumour going around that Ricky Kling is being lined up to replace Simon, don't know how true this is. Anybody know any more or anything different?

• Like 1

And now Joe has announced his immediate retirement from the sport.

Come on and own up. Who's drove over a black cat this season :sad: :sad: :shock::sad:

Palm Toft would fit I think, which would also free up another half point to replace Stead with Cameron Woodward... not going to happen, but you never know!!

Palm Toft would fit I think, which would also free up another half point to replace Stead with Cameron Woodward... not going to happen, but you never know!!

No good luck Joe..No.all the best Joe.......

Could replacements not wait till tomorrow. BTW MPT was dropped by Scunny because he was under performing....Just saying like.

:rolleyes::angry:

Shame Joe has decided to take a break, because he made great strides last season. Expect finance is a big issue, because on good equipment he is a useful rider. Hope he comes back next year.

Sad to see another brit pack in,but to be fair joe has been struggling in a struggling team.The lads done brilliant to come back from the bad injuries hes had and well done for that .Hope what ever he does now he will be a success.On the other hand we need to replace him as soon as possible.Palm toft and woodward would do for me but cant see it happening.More like hall or sanchez back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Sad to see another brit pack in,but to be fair joe has been struggling in a struggling team.The lads done brilliant to come back from the bad injuries hes had and well done for that .Hope what ever he does now he will be a success.On the other hand we need to replace him as soon as possible.Palm toft and woodward would do for me but cant see it happening.More like hall or sanchez back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think it will be Hall or Sanchez, looks like Richard has posted on Sheffield Facebook page that he is selling some of his equipment.

No good luck Joe..No.all the best Joe.......

Could replacements not wait till tomorrow. BTW MPT was dropped by Scunny because he was under performing....Just saying like.

:rolleyes::angry:

Before you get your pants in a twist, I had first read the news on the Sheffield forum and stated on there that I hoped he gets himself fit and then does an Andre , ie unretires next season.

More than aware the he was dropped - not sure that he would be my first choice to be honest, but couldn't think who else would be available - maybe you would care to offer an opinion as to who you think would be a better choice tomorrow when you've finished a respectable period of mourning (bearing in mind we have meetings on Thursday and Friday)

Joe's probably fed up being injured and skint...shame cos last year he was our rider of the year..good luck Joe!

• Like 1

Nothing to loose now after a miserable season for the tigers. Can they bring someone in who his untried and would become an asset. Gino Manzares perhaps. Taylor Poole is worth a punt maybe if he would come over from Aussie. A no pressure signing with the future in mind who would benefit the asset base.

Edited by speedway_dan
  • Like 1

Before you get your pants in a twist, I had first read the news on the Sheffield forum and stated on there that I hoped he gets himself fit and then does an Andre , ie unretires next season.

More than aware the he was dropped - not sure that he would be my first choice to be honest, but couldn't think who else would be available - maybe you would care to offer an opinion as to who you think would be a better choice tomorrow when you've finished a respectable period of mourning (bearing in mind we have meetings on Thursday and Friday)

Point taken and accepted. It just seems if riders particularly the brit ones have 1 too many injuries and should be thrown on the scrap heap and it quite sad really.

• Like 1